Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one not found

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit one would not sync. Removed and reloaded app multiple times. Then removed device. Tried to set up again and Fitbit one cannot be found. Tried putting it back on my phone and my iPad. Blue tooth does not find it. Even tried to connect it with my computer. No luck. Firmware up to date. Used the doodle etc...App up to date. Fitbit fully charged. What gives?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
This worked for me! My steps were not in vain.

Now, in order to be of better assistance please try the following troubleshooting in order:

1) Restart your tracker:
Plug your charging cable into your computer.
Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
2) Try the setup process again.
3) Reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
4) Try setting up your tracker again.
5) If you have access to a computer, try setting up with your computer using the computer instructions in How do I set up my tracker?

If you continue to experience the same issue after doing this, please let us know and we'll evaluate alternative options to get you back on track.

Sincerely,

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

My ONE is not being recongnized either.   This is not the first time it's happened and won't be the last.   I've learned to just roll with it and the powers that be will fix the problem.   Things are usually back to normal within 24 hours and stats are not lost.   

sorry i don't have a fix for you except to be patient. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to our Community @Boogierun and good to see you around @JCains

Im gonna start by mentioning the most basic procedure, which is 

1. Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.
  2. Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.
  3. Restart your tracker. For more information, see MarreFitbit's post. It may be require to do this process several times.

If this is not working, the other option is the computer as you did. Just make sure Fitbit Connect is installed. To check, make sure you see the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer (User-added image). Also your wireless sync dongle is plugged in and recognized by the computer, If you click the Fitbit Connect icon and see "Couldn't Find Wireless Sync Dongle," try a different USB port. Make sure you're using an actual port on your computer and not an accessory or USB hub.

Most of this steps has been already mentioned, so the last step would be to take a moment to reach out to our Support Team and let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done. I have full faith that they will be able to advise you of the next steps after reviewing your device history with you.

Hope this helps and see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I appreciate you taking the time to answer, however, my fitbit ONE is still not synching with my laptop or my phone app.   

as an edit: 

for the moment, both my laptop and phone are synched.    don't ask me how or why.    it just happens. 

Best Answer
This worked for me! My steps were not in vain.

Now, in order to be of better assistance please try the following troubleshooting in order:

1) Restart your tracker:
Plug your charging cable into your computer.
Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
2) Try the setup process again.
3) Reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
4) Try setting up your tracker again.
5) If you have access to a computer, try setting up with your computer using the computer instructions in How do I set up my tracker?

If you continue to experience the same issue after doing this, please let us know and we'll evaluate alternative options to get you back on track.

Sincerely,

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer