Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

For the last couple of days my fitbit was unable to sync to any device i tried. 

Let me tell you the whole story. So, i got my fitbit one back in august 2016, so its been almost one year. The last time i synced was saturday. Now, whenever i try to sync the fitbit app say tracker not found. I tried restarting my tracker, charging it, and even removing it from my acount to reconect it but that has all failed. 

Tgank you for youre help

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

By the way, I have to shut off the Bluetooth on my Samsung s5 to sync with my computer.  otherwise it won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: After Samsung update, my Fitbit wouldn't sync. So this morning did the hard reset >>

* Put Fitibit One into my plugged in cable.

* Held down button for 24 secs.

* Removed from cable

*Held down Fitbit button to turn back on

*Put dongle into computer and tried sync again -- IT WORKED!

Hope these steps help someone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, thanks!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, if you are having issues syncing your tracker please try restarting the bluetooth on your phone but preferably restart the phone itself then restart the tracker by doing the following:

1.- Plug your charging cable into your computer.
2.- Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
3.- Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
4.- Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Make sure that you have a strong internet signal (wifi or mobile) and that no other bluetooth devices are nearby as they can interfere with the syncing process. Additionally remember that you need to sync the tracker from the app itself not from the bluetooth settings on your phone. If you have a computer you can download the Fitbit Software and use the USB dongle that came with your tracker to sync it.

For the Samsung users, did you install an OS update (updating from Android 6 to Android 7) or was a security update? Did you restart your phone after said update? Are you having issues with other bluetooth devices?

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a security update and yes, I restarted my phone afterwards.  My Fitbit is the only Bluetooth device I use, so I can't answer your last question.  And I believe a lot of us have tried the whole "restart your phone / restart your tracker" suggestion already.  I think Fitbit and Samsung need to reconnect and compare notes to find out what was in this latest update to cause such an annoying glitch!  🙂

Best Answer
Echoing the above comment. Restarted phone and Fitbit multiple times but
Fitbit One does NOT sync with phone (Samsung 5).

Please fix!

I can sync with laptop, but that is a nuisance.
Best Answer
Well -- tonight I had to do this whole process again in order to have my
Fitbit One sync with my laptop. (NOTE: Had to hold button down more like
20 seconds to make it work.)

Now in sync with LAPTOP.

STILL CANNOT sync with Samsung phone --- and did restart, etc.

Please connect with Samsung/Verizon and get this bug fixed.

Evonne
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I have an iPhone and  One wouldn't sync on my phone, iPad or Mac.  Restarted my One & finally it synced with the Mac.    Tomorrow is another day and will see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S5 works fine with my car phone system.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to chime in again to let others struggling like me that I was able to sync my Fitbit with my Kindle Fire last night.  Not quite as convenient as my phone, but definitely better than my PC.  So if you have a Fire, you might want to give that a try until this issues between Fitbit & Samsung get fixed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Android OS update a couple of days ago - same thing. I did get it to sync once on my Windows laptop, but now I'm getting the same trouble there too, which makes no sense to me...

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me. My last successful sync was Tuesday the 8th in the afternoon. I tried every suggestion. My phone does not see the One. It sees every other bluetooth connection in the vicinity. Is it that there is a problem with the One's bluetooth signal?

Best Answer

I am in the same boat. Did you ever get set back up? If so, what was the solution that worked for you? I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Best Answer
I still can't sync with my Samsung phone. I restarted phone, I uninstalled
and re-installed app --- NOPE. Now resigned to syncing via dongle every
night on my laptop, and hoping Fitbit and Samsung resolve the issue.

The maddening thing last night was that the dongle sync wouldn't work until
I -- AGAIN -- shut down the Fitbit One, restarted it, then put the dongle
back into laptop and things synced. After that, the phone "sees" and
reports the data, but still will not sync on its own.

Sigh --

Evonne
Best Answer

For the last two days, my FitBit One will not sync with the dongle on my home computer nor will it sync with my phone app(Samsung S5) - what is going on?  It's driving my crazy! 

What do I do?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone - Did not help!

Best Answer

It didn't thing about it until I read your post - I also received the update notice and followed thru with the update - I think the problem started at about the same time.  ????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alvaro, I have a Samsung S5 on Verizon.  We were pushed out a security update a couple of days ago but it is rolling so some of us got it sooner than others.  The last time my fitbit one synced was on Tuesday evening.  I ran the update which I believe took me from 6 to 6.01 (July 1, 2017 security patch level). The update runs and restarts the phone but I have also restarted since then in an attempt to get this work.  The other bluetooth paired, my car, works fine and has had no issues since the update.

I have done all the requisite troubleshooting tips and finally got it to pair to my desktop after plugging in to the dongle, turning off, removing from the dongle, starting, and then it paired.

Thanks.

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Best Answer
Did you try to shut down your Fitbit One and then restart that? See my
earlier postings about those steps.

You have to put the Fitbit into the cable thing, which is plugged into your
computer. Be sure contact points meet.

Hold down Fitbit button for 24 seconds.

Then remove from holder, push Fitbit button to restart it.

THEN...insert dongle into laptop and try sync again.

Good Luck!

Evonne
Best Answer
0 Votes