Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for your contribution to this thread. I have an update to share. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we will continue to support the One, even when it is no longer available, and provide troubleshoots and replacements for devices in warranty.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I dont think it is. I just bought one as I washed mine.

But maybe they were not having good sales on them so they quit carrying them for that reason.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit online store in the UK has both colours available. On the other hand the Amazon UK site shows it as "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I haven't heard anything about it being discontinued. I hope it's not as it's my favourite.

Best Answer

I chatted with online support this morning where I was informed the Fitbit One was not being disconnected.  However, he provided a distributor link and not one of the several that I clicked on carried the Fitbit One.  Most no longer even offered it on a couple that did stated that it was not in stock.

Sorry but I smell a fish and perhaps the online rep is not privy to such information.  I previously have purchased two of them and both times they were readily available at Target, Walmart and Best Buy.  It is still available from their website.

Best Answer

I stated above it might not be a great seller. So they are removing them from the line up

Most people are going for wrist trackers Now. I heart my one its the most accurate. I can always buy it here

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I'm a big fan of the One but it has been discounted for years on Amazon so I'm guessing it's not a big seller.  Love to see an upgrade with e-ink tech for better battery life, the current feature set, and price plus an auto-detect sleep when pod is placed in a wrist band.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I just purchased one from Amazon so still available but pretty much at full retail price where I used to get it on Amazon for the low $80s.

Best Answer

You can get a black fitbit one on Amazon.  I just washed my first one after using it for over 4 years.  I got my money's worth.  Fitbit tried to help me restart it but it was a no go.  They did give me a discount on a new tracker so I immediately ordered another Fitbit One.  The only hitch is that the One is backordered for three to four weeks.  I could only order black.  My first one was burgundy. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit One is getting old and I have been looking around for a replacement. It seems no one carries the One any longer and they are on "back order" on the Fitbit site. I am worried that this fabulous device is being discontinued in favor of the wrist worn models. I don't like the wrist models for various reason but one of the main reasons is that I have super tiny wrists and they don't fit me. Since they don't fit properly they don't count accurately and are uncomfortable. I also LOVE that I can wear the One on my bra and it doesn't have to be on my wrist. The One has all the features that I am looking for. I don't need the features of a wrist style tracker. I have had my One for 3 years and LOVE it. If the One (or a chargeable clip on model) is not available from Fitbit, I will have to go elsewhere for a tracker and that would make me very unhappy. I love Fitbit & my One. 

Best Answer

I do not believe its being discontinued.

I just  bought one here. It does show a back order but its still available. I think its a slow mover compared to the wrist trackers 😞

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  If you want to replace it before it becomes available again from Fitbit, be sure to get it from an authorized retailer  Authorized Retailers

Fitbit only honors the warranty if bought from an authorized retailer.  NOTE -- the Ones that are listed on amazon are from third party vendors.  It needs to say shipped and sold by amazon to be covered.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone, I've merged two posts together. 

The One is still a popular tracker and there are no plans to discontinue the One at this time. Sorry for the backorder! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thank you for your help KateFitbit!

Best Answer

Thank you, Kate.  I believe you, it's just very odd it is completely unavailable at retail outlets anymore.

Best Answer

I have been wondering the same thing.  I can't find it anywhere in the local stores.  Yes, I have the Fitbit Charge 2 but I was given an iWatch recently and can't wear both on my wrist.  Also, the tracker on my wrist has more steps from 250 to 1,000 than the one I wear around my belt or in my pocket.  The more I move my hands the more steps it tracks.  I like the fitbit community and ability to challenge my friends so I've been looking for the Fitbit One (sleep tracking).  I will be giving the Charge 2 to my brother.

Just wondering if they are revamping the model, I don't want to spend the $$ if a newer version is coming out.

Best Answer

Check Amazon Prime Day tomorrow if by any chance you are a Prime member.  Right now, they are selling the Blaze for $60 off, $140.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try Walmart.... Saw one tonight for $74 (Clearance yellow tag on it).  So yea, its definitely going away. May purchase a backup one myself.

Best Answer

@smkinloch Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting. We are still actively selling the Fitbit One, just on a backorder at the moment. 

@geepondy Good suggestion, I do see the One is currently in stock on Amazon US. 

@Phit Good to know you can get it on sale at Walmart. I don't know the retail status of the One at Walmart, but know that it's not going away on Fitbit.com. 

Best Answer

All authorised sellers in Australia I spoke to a few days ago said it's definitely being discontinued.  Glad you guys can still find in the US, stock up now!

Best Answer

Re-checked Amazon today -- it has the black One "ships and sold by Amazon."  Kohls.com also has it in stock.  Both are authorized retailers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer