Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

The One IS being discontinued. You have lots of posts to read through to see that information confirmed by Kate

Best Answer
The ONE, I believe, is dead on accurate (I bought and returned the Alta). I compared the two for a week and the ONE came out on top very day.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I believe she said it WAS being discontinued...

Best Answer
"I compared the two for a week and the ONE came out on top very day."

What do you mean when you say that?  What is "on top" in this context?
Best Answer

I hate the whole wristband, watch trend. Thanks, but I have much cuter jewelry than that. I do not want my Fitbit (or my phone) to be on my wrist.

I started in 2010 with an Ultra then upgraded to the One after the Ultra was lost. I have had several over the years upon losing them, but I have had this one since 2013.

Best Answer

So, how do I get my One to sync the data it already has? I have had no issues with this device for over 2 yrs. The battery drains overnight, I do not have it currently paired with ANY app or even on this website and it drained a full charge overnight, Oct 9-10 sitting on the kitchen counter. It had not recorded any data 11:30 am est Oct 6 thru Sunday Oct 8 when I realized the battery had drained after only a few days. I recharged it Sunday night Oct 8, wore it to my workout Monday Oct 9 and it shows over 8000 steps which seems accurate for that day but it will not synch.I tried everything: I removed it from the app and website and have tried to reinstall it and "device not found" is all I get. Don't parrot the instructions on this website - it is not my computer or phone that is the problem. It is not the bluetooth connection. I am not an idiot. Tell us how to continue using the product we paid for! I own Fitbit stock and if this problem isn't resolved to my satisfaction, I will sell it all and never purchase a product from this company again.

Best Answer

The Zip is a piece of excrement. It's total crap. The pedometer that McDonald's was giving away and the Zip are on par. Worthless. The One, @KateFitbit is the one for us users. Why your corporation refuses to acknowledge this is insane and why bidness' fail. Not suggesting Fitbit will fail, but we've seen this movie before. In a sense, Fitbit is abanding the One by not offering it. Some spreadsheet jockey must have figured the churn rate from One to the wrist wearing public was greater. My replacement Blaze is very nice, but it's not the watch I wear when taking my wife out on a date. I would prefer the One. Yet, deaf ears and "unhappy about the One not being on the market" is very loud. 

I'm afraid that as in previous movies, you'll drive your customer base to somewhere else. Again, the Blaze is good, but not the watch I want to wear full time. Your customer base, especially in the One, is paramount for return buying. I hope you convince the stoopid marketing team that there is a core base of One users and the Zip should just be stomped out. 

Users are commenting about their future purchases by telling you that they will buy elsewhere. I'm afraid that I may be one of them, too. The announcements in these posts are very loud, @KateFitbit

Best Answer

This is so true...nice watch on one hand, diamond bracelet on the other...plastic wrist bangle....no.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer

@suefoxmacon wrote:

I hate the whole wristband, watch trend. Thanks, but I have much cuter jewelry than that.

Nobody can see that you're wearing a Fitbit in your pocket or clipped to your bra, so Fitbit doesn't get any free advertising from you. But if you wear a wristband, then everyone can see you own a fitness tracker. Maybe they recognize it or they ask you which one it is. Fitbit benefits.

I understand the need to use a wrist-worn device for heart-rate tracking. For those of use who don't see that as a valuable feature, or who aren't willing to pay for it and sacrifice the accuracy of the One, or who prefer good looking jewelry, then we still need a good device we can pocket or clip.

Best Answer
I agree!
Best Answer

Hi Everyone - Thanks again for your input and feedback. The passion for the One has definitely been passed along to our team. I'll be closing this thread for further comments since the question has been resolved and there are no plans to bring back to the One at this time.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

The One fits perfectly in the pocket of jeans; it does not clutter up the wrist; it is durable (mine made it through washing machine!); and it does all a pedometer needs to do for those of us who don't need heart rate etc. Could FitBit ask customers if they want it retained as a product?

Best Answer

I second that motion. For those of us who can't wear a wristband during the day, there needs to be something other than the Zip, which has to be one of the worst products ever made. Please, Fitbit, if you won't keep making the One, give us a new and improved Two!

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I wish you would reconsider discontinuing the one. I have the flex 2 and the one. The one is much more accurate as pushing a shopping cart or stroller throws off the steps. Plus it is easier to hide when you are dressed up.  

Best Answer

I wish you would reconsider discontinuing the one. I have the flex 2 for swimming and the one for everyday. The one is much more accurate as pushing a shopping cart or stroller throws off the steps. Plus it is easier to hide when you are dressed up.  

Best Answer

Just chatted with fitbit.  They are supporting but not offering ONE on fitbit website.  Said if enough if us make a fuss, may bring it back.  It's an outstanding tracker....wrist worn trackers don't track if not swinging arms like pushing grocery cart, carrying briefcase or package...I really want ONE back.  I've had 6 trackers, lost 3, wear Alta in my pocket for accuracy and worn out 2 others.  Let's get the ONE back.....

Best Answer

I LOVE my ONE!!  I was concerned when I stopped seeing it available in stores and online.  I can't really wear a tracker on my wrist safely with the work I do and being able to wear my ONE on my bra while at work is great. It doesn't get in the way, it doesn't get bashed into things and no one even notices it while it keeps track of my steps!

Please bring the ONE back!! I don't know what I would purchase instead if anything happened to this one!

Best Answer

I also don't want a wrist model.  Has fitbit killed off the One?  It certainly looks that way after the latest updates.  

Best Answer

Please read this thread. This is Old news

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/Is-Fitbit-One-being-discontinued/m-p/2065369#M66068

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit One is the only tracker that I can put in my pocket and get stairs.  I just lost mine after several years and would really like to replace it with a One.

Best Answer