Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Excellent post Marsha.  I will be following you when my One goes.  I noticed over the weekend, that FitBit spent a LOT of money for an ad on TV that aired several times............must have cost the moon.  It was for the Alta watch (couldn't remember if HR) so instead of listening to the loyal buyers like us, and fixing the One issue, they are pushing product.

I see nothing wrong, BTW, with adverts, but when there is so much discord in our community forums about the ONE, I would have thought it more prudent to FIX IT.

Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it....................

Best Answer

Fitbit may not do anything about the One. Why bother when people are complaining on a forum that is full of members - not potential customers. People need to voice their complaints on FitBit's Facebook or Tweet about their discontent. That's how companies listen these days. They may be only a bit motivated by forums, but since they made the forums and they are full of current customers, why listen too closely to what is going on there? So, I say complain on their Facebook wall! Tweet about how they are treating you on Twitter! Go out to other venues where there are potential customers and maybe then FitBit will listen. 

Personally, I just sucked it up and bought an Alta HR. Oh and a THIRD PARTY clip! I have been wearing my Alta just like my One and they are both showing the same step count. I don't miss the stairs because my One was always wrong on my stair count. I don't consider getting into and out of my lifted Jeep Wrangler a flight of stairs! So ... yeah. Complain here, but really let them hear about it on public sites!

Best Answer

Honestly Fitbit are utterly useless.

There is a defined market for people who DO NOT want a wrist based tracker, and the Zip has none of the functionality I need.

Another one for the Alta/3rd party clip here

Best Answer

for those saying they're switching to Alta, why would you encourage Fitbit by spending more money with them? 

I've messaged them through Facebook and will hound them until i get the answer and support i expect, or a refund as the product is still in warranty.  

Best Answer
Good point.
Best Answer

That's why I sent my Alta back. I only had it 2 weeks.  I will look them up on FB although I don't go there much, if it helps, I'm in.

Best Answer

Just received FB PM reply saying they've created a case number for me and will email me.  if nothing else, i now have evidence should i need to take this further. please all message them via FB. they respond immediately.  by force of numbers we can maybe get this resolved.  

Best Answer

My Fitbit One is nowhere near warranty anymore... so I would prefer a clip based product that does largely the same thing. I don't need a wrist based model, and the Zip is absolutely worthless as a product (in fact if Fitbit had half an ounce of sense they would have ditched that useless piece of rubbish and kept the One.

By all means keep hounding them on FB but in the discussions I have been involved in when the update knocked out the battery life, they made it abundantly clear they were not going to miraculously change their mind.

So the next best alternative is a 3rd party clip and the Alta. If I need an HR monitor I use a proper one at the gym and I never use my Fitbit for measuring my exercise. 

Best Answer

@RFS_UK you could still find a few new FitBit One devices on sale in some online website, and thus under guarantee.

Unfortunately for about +60% price premium compared to catalog price before FitBit announced to stop selling the product.

At least it is a " backup/contingency plan" to buy some time and continue enjoying the One ...in hope that FitBit would eventually re-introduced a discrete pocket/cloth device before you would loose/break the second device.

I also observed the degradation of service due to various software upgrades, affecting battery charge time in particular, but I don't believe in the conspiracy theory that this was done "on purpose". Eventually, this software issue affecting battery will be fixed (isn't it @KateFitbit? can you confirm engineers have plans to work on a fix?)

Best Answer
I did the exact same thing yesterday. I went through Fitbit on Facebook messenger and they were really great at responding and tried to fix it their end but were not really able to give me any more solutions that I hadn’t already tried.
They passed it on to the Fitbit team in the States and lodged a case number.
My response in regards to my case number so far was ‘it seems your firmware is stuck in the update and we are unable to come up with a solution’.
They have asked for a receipt of purchase and which country I am in.
As this was a gift from my family and no receipt available and purchased March 2016, I guess there will be not good outcome for me.
But I definitely think going through social media is a really good start to our voice being heard.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not really convinced this problem was intentional either but the timing with all the update issues and the news of the One being discontinued couldn’t have been worse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I agree, why let them know you're settling for another of their products? I haven't given up hope that Fitbit will realize their mistake in dropping the One.

Best Answer

I just found MapWalk.  I use my Cross Country (riding) watch and start it when I leave the farm and start out.  When I come back I know how long it took me for my run or walk.  I use MapWalk and you can save all the different routes you take, off road and on road.  You drag and drop your route onto the map and it figures how far it is in miles or metric.  You have a place to enter your weight and how many mph you figure based on flat, hills,big hills etc.  They figure the steps based on length, minutes you were on your route and length of your stride.

A good pedometer would give you steps if you don't have a tracker, or if your One kicks the bucket.  Then I can go to Shannon Millers (7 time Olympic medalist) site  and use her handy little Steps to miles calculator based on your stride length and enter the steps walked and then put it in my notebook.  

I've been using this method for about a month now because I was getting ready for a 5K and it takes me about 3 min after I finish to catalog it.  

The MapWalk (dot com) site is very cool, especially if you like to stay in your area (lots of hills and climbs where I live).  You can tick the box for follow roads or leave it blank for field running ( like chasing coyotes away from the barn-or your dog who is after the coyote or the horse who is bouncing around wondering what's going on)......and the neighbors cat who has managed to sneak in your house because you left the door open..........

Dinah

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Mom & I were going to get a new fit bit one for Christmas - I wish the company would have sent an email to get it before it was discontinued.  I have recommended them to so many!😕

Best Answer
Me too! I bought a “Jawbone Move up” I got it for cheap on Groupon. It works fine. It syncs to your phone but doesn’t have a display or count stairs . I like the way you can add your workouts and it automatically detects sleep. It doesn’t sync with my fitness pal, which I think is a better meal log app, but it does have a food log. It is a clip on so I can still wear it where I like.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
What a way to ruin a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a Jawbone Move up for $10 on Groupon. It’s no ONE but it does everything but stairs.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My faith so far has been restored.  Fitbit are sending me a new One.  I have to say their response has been pretty good over the past 24 hours.  I will let you know how it all goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too bad Fitbit has stopped being loyal to its customers.
I guess there's more profit in selling the new Fitbits to new customers and not maintain its old, loyal customers.
I prefer companies that want to keep all of us as customers.

Best Answer

I have worn mine on a lanyard since 2011 I only take it off when I shower--I put it on the floor where I seen the lanyard and pick it up immediately. Without the lanyard I would have lost it or forgotten to put it on.
I'm devastated that there is nothing Fitbit makes now that is satisfactory to me or my friends.  It's like they decided to stop making eggs, and told me to eat meat instead.

Best Answer