Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Yes, you can say ''gits'. And, the One was the best tracker they ever made. I downgraded to the Zip because it clips on, the battery is not a issue for me, it syncs well, it is cost effective, and it does what I care about the most which is sync with my fitness pal. I am diabetic and need to coordinate my activity level with diet. I really don't need to know what type of movement I am doing as long as I move enough to keep everything in balance. The zip is helping me stay off prescription meds. That's the goal.

Best Answer

@Mary438 wrote:
Lol..I did that with my ultra too. Too bad you can't buy the Fitbit one
patent and sell it!

I joined Fitbit 3 weeks after you.. and had my Fitbit imported from USA because one of our local Technical Journalists had seen the Ultra in the US when he was there and gave it a great write up..

I had retired 2 years earlier at age 70, and in my job I was accumulating 17k steps before 3pm.. Smiley Happy I used one of those mercury switch flip flop type mechanical pedometers then,, So my first comparisons in 2011 was to compare the Ultra with the mechanical device.. That started the "love affair"..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Yes, sync with fitness pal is pretty much all i care about, besides not
wanting something in my wrist.
Best Answer

@Mary438  ONE dollars.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Invincible One! 🙂

Best Answer

I would not consider getting a Flex 2. It is nothing like the Fitbit One. The fact that fitbit one was a slim clip on that covered all of your tracking needs is what makes it appealing. A pendent is not the same as a clip on. None of the other fitbit options are any good. Wrist trackers count arm swings as steps. They are not accurate and the zip is dumb. Instead of a smiley face, which is useless, how about adding a stair counter like the fitbit one. Even better, how about bringing back the fitbit one? Don't you want our money. My fitbit one died. I would purchase a new one. Because I cant I am looking for another company that has something comparable. 

@SantiR wrote:

Hello everyone! Thanks for your feedback. I know that the Fitbit One is loved. I will miss it too. 

I understand that the Zip tracker alternative may not fulfill your needs. I was thinking in what other options could work in this case and the Flex 2 came to my mind. There is a pendant accessory for that tracker, so you don't need to wear it on your wrist. Ir doesn't track floors, but you can swim with it. Check its features here. Also, Flex 2 is one of the new generation of Fitbit trackers. 

Would you consider getting a Flex 2? 

See you around! 

Best Answer
No, Santi at fitbit. Why dont you pass all these comments on to the real
people who run fitbit? If they knew how many unhappy customers they are
losing, in addition to the multitudes who DONT write, maybe they would
rethink their idea of discontinuing the product!
Best Answer

We wait in hope that a retro One may arrive..... Smiley Happy  I now liken Nokia's approach to the Fitbit One type market.

In Australia the Nokia 3310 phone from 2000 has been released to suit the 3G network.. There is a market there for the Senior phone..  My wife doesn't want a fancy phone she just wants one that will ring, text and fit in her bra... She has the Nokia 6120c..

This thinking could also apply to the Fitbit One..  It has some extra functionality over and above the Zip.. The One is stable, and like mine, now approaching 6 years.. I concede, if they were all like that Fitbit wouldn't generate new sales which are needed to fund research and growth..... but.... as an accessory like my usage in multi mode... to pickup the lost steps from a wrist type tracker... nearly a 1000 steps bonus today from the Fitbit One.. and.... yes I wear them concurrently and take care when I sync..Smiley Happy I'm the person in our family who pushes the trolleys and wheel chairs...

Not everyone wants a computer in a phone.. They just want communication... and the Fitbit One, they just want their steps, where around the world there is a great deal of emphasis on the 10k day...

Go for it Fitbit.....your development has been successful on the One, it's only a matter of re-releasing it as an anniversary product next year when you achieve 10 years after the release of the Original Classic in 2009...... A lovely thought...

Best Answer
Dear SantiFitbit,
We don't want wrist or pendant, we want the One back. Or, why not make a similar devise and call it the "Two."
Best Answer
I wish they still made the One, but they don’t. I love my Apple Watch, but I still have Fitbit friends (like my sister), and I want to track sleep. I decided to try the Flex2. Here is my analysis.

I wear it in my pocket or as a clip when I don’t have any pockets. I wear it on my wrist when I swim. It is quite a bit smaller than the One. Cons: takes longer than the One to charge, no stairs, no screen. Pros: smaller, auto-detection of sleep and exercise, including swimming (the default in settings is off, so I had to confirm that I wanted it to detect swimming), waterproof, price ($55 on Amazon).

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Mary
Best Answer

Sure looks that way!

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

AHA. The plot thickens.  Fitbit might have bit off more than they could chew?

Best Answer
Well said..........

Jim Freeberg
Best Answer
I see it seems like a plausible alternative, but I hate the lack of screen.
I mostly check by my phone, but when out running, I like to just push the
button and check. I'm wondering how the kids ace one works?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Throwing my voice here as well.... I was late to the tracker game and when I got my One I instantly fell in love with it (especially the Stairs!) and have been challenging myself ever since. I am not able to wear a wrist tracker/smart watch so the One was my only option. I guess when it dies, I will try to find one on Ebay, or go back to being without one. Hopefully FitBit is hard at work working on a replacement One... (One 2.0 maybe?)
Best Answer
Evidently they are not. They rarely read these posts, and when they do,
they push another product.😤😡🤬
Best Answer

Good to see they're having problems. Maybe they'll Wake Up an take care of their quickly declining customer base an get back to what made them great at one time...but no more

The Closer You Get to The Meaning
The Sooner You Know that You're Dreaming
Best Answer
No kidding! 🤬
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello JohnCon,
Great idea. Wouldn’t it be great if it lasted long enough that you could by a One-two!
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi everyone, our team is very aware of peoples interest in One, and we do read your comments. 

I do ask that you follow community guidelines and refrain from cross-posting. Posts appear consecutively, so If you would like to reply to multiple comments, the best course is to create one post and @ each individual user.

In regards to the recent article about the Jawbone case, Fitbit’s responded as follows:  

"In a 2016 case brought by Jawbone and involving the same individuals, a federal judge found that no Jawbone trade secrets were misappropriated or used in any Fitbit product, feature, or technology. Fitbit settled all civil litigation with Jawbone in December 2017."

As I mentioned in my original post we opened this thread as a place to discuss One and alternative ideas. Additionally, Fitbit moderators have provided all the information we have and will not be able to comment any further on the status of One. We want to keep this thread open and kindly ask the conversation remains constructive and relevant to the topic.

Thank you very much for your input and feedback. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes