Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310
If jawbone infringement isn't a problem, then it would seem wise to listen
to all the cries to keep the one.
Best Answer

Thanks, Kate.

Given the lack of anything that's really equivalent to the One and the prices people are getting for them, and given the problems with the Zip, can you tell us why Fitbit management won't offer it or something similar?

Bryan M.
Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:
Hi everyone, our team is very aware of peoples interest in One, and we do read your comments. 

I do ask that you follow community guidelines@ and refrain from cross-posting. Posts appear consecutively, so If you would like to reply to multiple comments, the best course is to create one post and @ each individual user.

In regards to the recent article about the Jawbone case, Fitbit’s responded as follows:  

"In a 2016 case brought by Jawbone and involving the same individuals, a federal judge found that no Jawbone trade secrets were misappropriated or used in any Fitbit product, feature, or technology. Fitbit settled all civil litigation with Jawbone in December 2017."

As I mentioned in my original post we opened this thread as a place to discuss One and alternative ideas. Additionally, Fitbit moderators have provided all the information we have and will not be able to comment any further on the status of One. We want to keep this thread open and kindly ask the conversation remains constructive and relevant to the topic.

Thank you very much for your input and feedback. 

Kate,

Are you saying that we can continue to use this thread to commiserate with each other over our lost/dead Ones and, perhaps, pass on tips or alternative solutions--but Fitbit will basically ignore us?

Best Answer

@SueAlan wrote:

Are you saying that we can continue to use this thread to commiserate with each other over our lost/dead Ones and, perhaps, pass on tips or alternative solutions--but Fitbit will basically ignore us?

I think that's exactly what it means.  

Best Answer

@LosingItFast, @SueAlan Fitbit is not ignoring you. All of the feedback from the decision to discontinue the One has been provided to the team. There is nothing more I can then what has already been provided, which is why we aren't commenting further. The intention of this thread is for users to read the status of One and perhaps find other options and ideas from people in the Community.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately there is no other option for a non wrist tracker with FitBit. I think the FitBit community is as much important to us as our tracker. I think we are just looking to Fitbit to say WHY it discontinued a item we all love and are loyal to. And why it can't be redesigned or revamped so we could continue as part of the FitBit Community.
Best Answer
Thank you! I'll look for it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@computer_nurse I appreciate your response. It was a decision and I don't have the 'why' behind it to provide. Fitbit also doesn't discuss future products, so I can't add anything there either. We hear that many feel that there is no alternative to One in the current Fitbit tracker lineup, and we will continue to provide that feedback to the team. 

Best Answer
Thank you.
Best Answer

There are no comparable clip-on trackers for the Fitbit One! I know, i have searched the internet for months since my patronage means nothing to FitBit.  But most clip-on trackers are nothing more than pedometers.  None count stairs, few count activity or sleep, some count calories.  But the One had it all.  I cannot, and will not wear a watch, especially the sizes watches your company sell.  They are extremely inaccurate.  But the most important thing is - I will not be forced into buying something I don't want. If you can't provide a clip-on similar to the One, then you have last yet another customer when my current One dies.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I haven't chimed in so far, but am doing so now to let whomever know that there are indeed lurking Fitbit One wearers/users who are grieving the demise of the One and are truly willing to buy a replacement model that 1) does what the Fitbit One does, 2) is not a wrist model, and 2) is clippable to wherever one likes to clip it (I clip mine to my bra).

Is this the opportunity for some smart tech types to bring on their own startup company making a rival product (without transgressing intellectual property rules of course)?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@PennyinCO wrote:

Is this the opportunity for some smart tech types to bring on their own startup company making a rival product (without transgressing intellectual property rules of course)???

I would jump on that Kickstarter so fast..... 

Best Answer

You should have kept the fitbit one and gotten rid of the Zip. I like the rechargeable aspect!

Best Answer

Thank you for this information. I love my fitbit one, it is 6 years old and I have worn it non-stop from the day I got it.  I know that it will not last forever and I hate having something on my wrist. Knowing there is a clip on option for the Alta makes me feel a bit better.

Best Answer
which Alta has a clip on option?

Thanks
Best Answer

Great idea! Fitbit clearly not interested in our business!

K lipsky

moderator edit: removed email signature

Best Answer
I have just read that you can get a third party clip on Amazon.
Best Answer

@ferkel ... Fitbit doesn't make (or recommend) a clip for the Alta, but 3rd party people have made them, and they work great. It would work with either Alta (the regular, or the HR ... although the HR wouldn't work while in the clip). I've found that the Charge2 can fit in the clip made for the GarminVivofit. The Charge 2 offers the floors tracking, that so many people want (as well as all the other features, such as sleep, timer, illuminated display). 

From some personal experimentation, it does seem that a wrist tracker (alta or Charge2) worn in a clip does tend to overcount steps somewhat (some people probably wouldn't mind that 😉 

Best Answer
Totally agree. I'm trying to get the notifications from this to stop, and I
haven't figured it out. It's just too frustrating to hear all our
complaints and no revision of this decision.
Best Answer

@Mary438 Just tap on the gear wheel and unsubscribe.

@Mary438 wrote:
Totally agree. I'm trying to get the notifications from this to stop, and I
haven't figured it out. It's just too frustrating to hear all our
complaints and no revision of this decision.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer