Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

And now the biggest flub is discontinuing the One and loosing a loyal custermer base

Best Answer

Very disappointed that the One was discontinued..I lost my first one in Pittsburgh and bought a new one the within three days. If I lose this One, I will go to another brand because I don’t want any of the “watch-type” Fitbits, nor do I want a ZIP. I have several friends who agree.

Best Answer

@niffler wrote:

@SantiR wrote:

I've seen some users posting some alternative solutions on this thread that seem fine! 

@SantiRwhat alternative solutions have you seen that look fine?

Get a Zip? No floors, non-rechargeable battery, no sleep/exercise.

Get a clip for the Alta? No floors, bulkier, more expensive.

Wear the Flex 2 in a pendant or put in pocket? No floors, no external screen, expensive accessories.

I'd have to fork out for at least the Charge in order to get the same functionality as the One, whilst paying 3x the price because of all the additional functionality that I just don't want or need, without the option to wear off the wrist which is one of the main reasons I got the One in the first place.

I'm not being difficult, I would genuinely love to hear about a genuine alternative to the One but as far as I can tell, fitbit have nothing to offer.

Very disappointed that the One was discontinued..I lost my first one in Pittsburgh and bought a new one the within three days. If I lose this One, I will go to another brand because I don’t want any of the “watch-type” Fitbits, nor do I want a ZIP. I have several friends who agree.

Best Answer

Well Day 1 of the Alta.

Remember when Fitbit changed the settings of the One to constantly sync which reduced the battery life to about 3 seconds?

Well the Alta is just as bad. Have had to turnoff everything just for it to hold its charge.

Today is a day of mainly driving and sitting around so not expecting many steps... 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
So sad, that good products are being ruined.
Best Answer

It would have been nice to know that you were discontinuing the One.  I have had several of the Fitbit One's from the very beginning of when you started the company.  I refuse to wear a wrist tracker because I have seen people lift their arms in a certain way while sitting and it counts it as steps.  That defeats the entire purpose of the Fitbit.  I have also been told by your own staff that the wrist products count steps if you are sitting and move your arm in a certain way. This is very disappointing.  While I know you have the other clip on Fitbit, it is too large and doesn't count stairs.  Had I known, as a loyal customer since you started your company, that you were discontinuing the One, I would have purchased several to have on hand, as they do go bad after a certain point.  My One is now starting to not charge and give me problems, and it is just disappointing.  You should stick with what made you great, and not try to copy Apple.  Your company got me moving and walking and has kept me motivated and I walk 6 miles a day - and I credit your Fitbit One with a lot of makes me do it. 

Best Answer

I have had the One since the beginning of the company also.  I have had several as they do die over time.  Very disappointed in Fitbit.  They just want to try to copy Apple and they had a great product and don't need to copy anyone.  Wrist Fitbit models track steps when you are sitting and raise your arm in a certain way.  Defeats the entire purpose.  I will not buy another Fitbit when my One dies, which it is starting to do.  Not sure what I will buy.  Had I known they were going to discontinue, I would have purchased several.  

Best Answer
Fitbit did post on the help website they were discontinuing the one and
that they will provide a replacement if your device is not working and has
warranty on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately for most of us the warranty is long gone, and how long will
they support the software of it?😔
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Fitbit did post on the help website they were discontinuing the one and
that they will provide a replacement if your device is not working and has
warranty on it.

1) Warranties have pretty much long run out for a lot of us

2) You might spend all the live long day on the Fitbit product site, I don't and I suspect by the number of people writing in here, many of them don't either.

3) Alternatives - clip based - Zip. Nope. everything that comes close to replicating what people had with the One is wrist based, and again, there are plenty of posts of people in jobs where a wrist based tracker is inappropriate, those who have had allergic reactions to the wrist bands, those who (gasp) prefer to wear a... you know... watch, on their wrist... 

And alas your facts are wrong. FitBit offer absolutely nothing to loyal customers to buy an alternative FitBit product - I am sure many of us might have at least considered an Alta which can be put into a third party clip... and a gesture to offer us a discount would have been much appreciated. Instead [/crickets]. I have asked in both this forum and on the FB page. 

Some of us have at least voted in the Suggestions threads as directed by various FitBit moderators. But not much seems to have come of that either.

Keep drinking that FitBit koolaid though... or you know... enlighten us as to what you think is a suitable alternative. Who knows you might be that one person who thinks that pendant looks good!

Best Answer

The One is dead. This model will not come back. Nor will Fitbit "listen" to us. They will read and cut posts. No social commentary nor will post here help. "It's dead, Jim". My One is dying. I will miss the lil device greatly. I cannot comment more as I have had five posts deleted. It is their forum and they can do what that want -- yet if they want to retain customers, it is evident what Fitbit wants to do. 

Best Answer

@Chris92057 wrote:

The ONE is dead. This model will not come back. Nor will Fitbit "listen" to us. They will read and cut posts. No social commentary nor will post here help. "It's dead, Jim". My ONE is dying. I will miss the lil device greatly. I cannot comment more as I have had five posts deleted. It is their forum and they can do what that want -- yet if they want to retain customers, it is evident what Fitbit wants to do. 

I feel your pain.... 

Best Answer

Hi, I read your remarks with interest but, like several others in this part of the Forum, I need/require/crave the stair-counting facility that the One provided - it seems that none of your other products will allow me to count stairs (the hill where my sone lives counts as 11 flights of stairs but only a couple of hundred steps ... )

Best Answer
I will just miss being able to put my one into my pocket😢
Best Answer

Went to buy a Fitbit One for my mother and found out they were discontinued.  She does not want a wristband and the Zip does not have the best features of the One.  I do not want a watch battery that needs changed.  Do you companies ever do some research before you decide to discontinue an excellent product?  I will be looking at other alternatives elsewhere.

Best Answer

Apparently not. The company is pursuing the wrist. One user was hoping for the same ole One or an One II or One 2.

Best Answer

So disappointing, I don't want to wear a wrist tracker they make me itch and give me a rash and the zip not the same.  Since i need to replace my tracker since it stopped working, I guess I wont be getting a new one.

Best Answer
C'mon Fitbit, you're making a mistake. Own up and backtrack. I'm another customer who wants the clip-on tracker and I won't be buying the Zip because it's not as good as the One. Please please fix this!

I lost 70 pounds using the Fitbit and the app. I loved it and I hate to lose this resource but your other products offer nothing to me.

Best Answer

Maybe Fitbit could sell the rights for the One to a startup boutique clip on company?

Best Answer
I totally agree. 50 lb for me, 6 years now, using one and fitness pal.
Best Answer