Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

funny thing. Since I became active on this thread I've received 653 emails regarding this topic. Most of them disparaging regarding Fibits decision to discontinue the One.

Incredible how they (Fitbit) stubbornly stick to their decision. My One is dead and gone, and so is my loyalty. I no longer use any device.

Best Answer
I know, and as much market research has shown, only a small portion of
unhappy customers actually write and complain, but they tell all their
friends. I used to be the biggest promoter of fitbit as a nurse in my job,
since I lost 50 lb in 2011 after getting my one. Now, I guess forget it.
Best Answer

Suzana12 wrote: << The fitbit alta and alta hr can be put in a clip that is sold  sepereatly. >>

Fitbit doesn't sell them, unless that's recently changed. Besides, they don't count stairs. That's important to some of us.

Bryan M.
Best Answer

Mary438 wrote: << I know, and as much market research has shown, only a small portion of unhappy customers actually write and complain, but they tell all their friends. I used to be the biggest promoter of fitbit as a nurse in my job, since I lost 50 lb in 2011 after getting my one. Now, I guess forget it. >>

I know what you mean. I was a serious evangelist for Fitbit; I helped a dozen friends shop for them, and many other friends and colleagues bought them after talking to me. There's no longer any reason for me to do that.

Bryan M.
Best Answer
I saw the clips on Amazon. But yes it appears none of the others do stairs.
What a stupid business decision. When a business isn't doing well, why
would you give any of it up??
Best Answer

Mary438 wrote:  << I saw the clips on Amazon. But yes it appears none of the others do stairs. What a stupid business decision. When a business isn't doing well, why would you give any of it up?? >>

As the Greek Orthodox would say, "It is Mystery."

Bryan M.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Alta + clip arriving by the magic of Amazon. Went for the non-HR version because ... how is it going to read my HR if it clipped to my belt!!!

I decided to try and go back to WHY I had an Ultra and then the One. I was using MyFitnessPal for calorie-counting and exercise logging, and the integration of steps throughout the day was key. However, the other things that have changed in my life are that I was diagnosed as a T2 diabetic last year. So now I no longer 'calorie count' but I carb count, so the steps and exercise linkage is no longer as important as it was, as my goal is to reduce my carb intake to steady the blood glucose... so that changes my thoughts a lot now on what/why I need one of these things

Using that rationale, and linking in with the relaunch of the C25K initiative in the UK, I decided to look at what options were now available some 6 years after those early attempts, with a couple of changes in my life. I have no cartilage left in my knees and my orthopaedic consultant has said that I can't NOT exercise, so to ice each time to each the inevitable inflammation and enjoy what exercise I like until I am old enough (!) to have two knee ops!!! So when I play tennis, I end up icing my knees straight after! (There's an image!!!!)

So back to the big FitBit test... I want my morning exercise 'steps' picked up but I have always preferred to use a more established heart rate monitor via a chest strap so things have also moved on in that regard, and I will be trailing a Bluetooth model that feeds back to an app without the need for a watch. That's one less wristy thingy!

Next week I am testing out the relaunched C25K app and it seems the perfect time to road test the bluetooth HR monitor and the Alta, and also the competitor product in this space that also can be put in a third party clip, and of course my current smart watch that offers me integration to a number of apps I require as a sports journalist as well as a smaller watch face for my child-like wrists and the fact that most women don't want something the size of a satellite dish on their wrists!

I will be writing a number of features - the C25K comparisons, and also will be back on the road for the day job that will allow me to test all three activity trackers at the same time with walks to and from tournaments.

Now warming up to the task of testing those activity trackers that CAN be clipped via 3rd party products... I suspect I won't be allowed to post a link to the articles, but if someone wants to find me on FitBit and send me a friend request then I would be happy to share my findings and recommendations.

My starting requirements for the activity trackers:

1) Must track steps and TDEE in calories burned throughout the day

2) Must clip onto my belt or sports bra when I am working out

3) Must integrate to an iPhone app - integration to MFP not essential at this time

4) Handy to measure sleep - that is one thing I DID find useful with the FitBit.

Hopefully the results will be enlightening!

Best Answer

Thank you. I do have to say, having been a cardiac nurse, doing stress
tests the past 13 years, I never had a patient with a wrist based tracker
have an accurate heart rate on it once we got to stage 3 of the Bruce
protocol. Consumer reports seems to think they are accurate, and they were
at lower levels. I am sure my EKG machine counts confirmed manually were
correct. I was never able to compare a chest strap one due to them being in
the way of electrodes, and could not chance an error on a patient. I just
hope my one tracker holds out awhile longer. For me, integration with
fitness pal is very important.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@RFS_UK

I did a blog post a bit ago comparing the One and the Alta in a clip and posted the outside link here. It was allowed (at least I never received a notification it was removed, as I did with another of my more recent posts. All the removed posts may mess with the post #'s as we go check on old posts) ... so when you do a write up of your experiences and comparisons please come post a link to where we can read all about it. It is much easier to present (pictures, formatting) on an outside blog rather than here on the boards. 

Best Answer

@ScrapjenB

Just read your blog and thank you for the detailed information you provided. Even though the Alta doesn’t track stairs think I’ll bite the bullet and purchase one along with a 3rd party clip on. 

Best Answer
Hello RFS_ UK
Thanks for that detailed write-up. I am in Canada and not familiar with the
C25 Initiative- What is it?
I would be interested in how your trials progress- Your post said to send a
friend request via Fitbit. Did you mean Facebook? Not sure, but I will try
to find you on Fitbit and send a friend request.
My three top picks are :Garmin Vivofit 3 Alta, and a new Polar ( Can't
remember the number) that tracks sleep. So far, there is no clip for the
Vivofit 4, I love the Fitbit sleep program but worry that the Alta will end
up as a device not supported by Fitbit, and I already wear a Polar A 300
and don't need an extra wrist thing.
So, I am very grateful that my One is still functioning and I would love to
see your results.
JEH1
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just happened upon an old blog article with the title "Fitbit's Biggest Flub" ... it does bring up some good points about wrist devices ... but I think everyone on THIS thread would say Fitbit's latest flub (discontinuing the one, not offering a complete clip-on option) is it's biggest flub! 

https://medium.com/@ninajlu/fitbit-s-biggest-product-flub-f3ab4d4dd4e9

Best Answer
Great article. I had to share on my FB page, since I used to be such a
fitbit cheerleader.
Best Answer

Interesting article...Just goes to show they're not new to making bad decisions.  I believe I've mentioned a time or three how throwing away a market segment is not good business.  Fitbit should be making a good clip-on tracker, like the One, in addition to their wrist-worn products.  And they should also be in the accessories business, too...either directly, or through partnerships.  Fitbit only selling wrist trackers is like Pizza Hut deciding to make and sell cheese pizza. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
Hi LosingItFast,
The pizza analogy is perfect!!
BTW- I wonder how well the 50$/year sleep tracker App did for them.
It was a hopeful sign when they listened to the forums and added some functionality back to the Freeware.
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi Mary 483,
Which article was great?
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@JEH1 wrote:
<< Hi Mary 483,
Which article was great? >>

This one: https://medium.com/@ninajlu/fitbit-s-biggest-product-flub-f3ab4d4dd4e9

Bryan M.
Best Answer
Ive read so many, but the biggest flub one put it very well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Mary 438,
Can you post a link?
Thanks
JEH1
Best Answer
I deleted it😔. But I found it on someone's post.
Best Answer