Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214
It took 3 attempts for me to get my phone to start again, don't give up just follow instructions.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have worked it out. The forum was helpful.

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Twain
Best Answer

My Fitbit One will sync to the Win10 app but not to the web dashboard.  The Win10 app doesn't correctly register my steps for the friends page, it's matching the step total on the web dashboard rather than on the app dashboard.  It's the weirdest thing, and also very annoying.

Best Answer

I already did that and it did not cure the syncing problem.

Andrea

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is NOT solved! However tempting it may be to mark this as solved based on a low number of people the problem is clearly still at large.
I'm also only sync'ing to my win7 pc and it stopped working 2 days ago. I tried all the suggestions apart from the bluetooth thing since I don't use that on my pc. Point is: Since so many are having this issue it must be the firmware that is weak/unstable? Some even reported it started working again without any troubleshooting. It's annoying to sync manually and I am considering leaving it in the drawer and not using it because of this. I hope they fix it ...

Update: 3 days later and my One autosyncs again and I did not try to fix it besides what is described above which I tried yesterday. I hope it will keep working now ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with your conclusion re firmware. The fix I found on the Community pages works but usually only for a few days and I have to go through the rigmarole again. My Zip worked almost perfectly for 3 years - I only changed it because it began to eat batteries.

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine working again by reinstalling and using Fitbit Connect. If
you're not, you might try that.
Best Answer

@boehlahz - I have the app on my phone and also use my computer.  I managed to get my Fitbit syncing on the phone but not on my computer - I seem to have accidentally found a solution you might want to try which has worked for me twice now - close the Fitbit site and then move your dongle to a different usb port - then see if you can do a manual sync.

I think when there's a firmware update, it also causes the dongle to forget where it is somehow so this seems to fix it (for me at least!) Good luck 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

If my pc and tablet are in the same room, neither will sync with my fitbit, but if I take my tablet upstairs, I can sync with it and then go downstairs and my PC will sync.  When both are together, nothing syncs again.

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer

thanks this worked

Best Answer

wow that's magic my ONE is working again , before was just black screen  , now back to normal.

I just followed the instruction as described , thank you FITBIT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 4 posting.. worked perfectly! 

Best Answer

I read all oif the blogs, tried all of them and for some reason it still doesn't work. Interesting when I had the zip I never had any problems. I have had this problem for a month now and its crazy. I just want it to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sithmaith1 wrote:

If my pc and tablet are in the same room, neither will sync with my fitbit, but if I take my tablet upstairs, I can sync with it and then go downstairs and my PC will sync.  When both are together, nothing syncs again.

I've had this issue too.  When I've got my One away from the house I can sync with my iPhone (though I sometimes have to restart the phone and then do a manual sync from the app).  And if the phone is not nearby I can usually sync with my Mac, but if the phone and Mac are near each other nothing syncs.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I really don't think we can do much but wait for a proper (read better) firmware and since so many platforms are involved this can take some time due to the cross-platform complexities. I had the problem some days a while back. Now it works again. Fingers crossed. If it fails I will try the advice (again) mentioned earlier in this thread but it really boils down to unstable firmware. I really believe this is the case. Cheer up folks and have a nice day Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here but tonight I plugged in to charge and decided to see if it would sync , with my phone next to it In my Fitbit acct held the Fitbit clicker down for 3 seconds and it synced. I just followed the instructions in my acct and it now works. Magic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  Rebooting iphone 6 worked for me.

Best Answer

This just worked for me as well! Thanks!

Best Answer

Absolutely brilliant answer it worked !!!! Have tried everything since my fitbit wouldn't sync during hols on Crete last wek , been showing Greek time too since we came home Sat 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ONE won't sync with my iPhone since I've done the latest update.  I can only sync with my computer. this is a huge inconvenience.  any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes