Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Turning Off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My tracker seems to have developed a fault. It turns itself off and does not record any information and once you start it will count steps for a short while and then turn itself off again.

Any help much appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

@Stowwn Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Fitbit One turning off all of a sudden. Thanks for sharing those details.

In this case, I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This has helped other user who have experience this kind of situations.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. My One is just a month old and it stops working every few days. I have reset it many many times. Sometimes that will help for a few days, then it reverts to not working again. Dashboard shows it's fully charged, but it does not record any steps. It does turn on intermittently but I'm very disappointed with this product. This is not the old Fitbit One that I had for years. Something is wrong with the software, and it doesn't appear that Fitbit has any interest in fixing it. I've been reading this forum for weeks and see many people have the same issue as me. I will likely go to another fitness tracking company. So frustrated!

Best Answer

That’s what mine has been doing since the last update. (6.64) Nothing I’ve done has helped (restart multiple times, reset via pinhole, etc.) 

Best Answer
Thank you for your response, I have tried this also and mine is using the 6.64 update, so there might be something in what you say about that update, I think I have come to the end of the road with my fitbit and I think it is destined for the bin.

Many Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

At first I thought it was just my Fitbit One.  That I perhaps did something to it.  Tried to use my backup Fitbit One and iexperiencing the same problem.  My job rewards me $20 per pay ($520 a year).  It a shame that I will probably have to spend a portion of that money on a new tracker....with a different company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit one has stopped completely and won't restart.  Connecting it to the charger shows a full battery and the magic numbers 6.64.  Remove it from the charger and....nothing!  Previously it couldn't be updated  so maybe we have to part company after a happy 2 years and 8 months.  Don't want to wear anything on my wrist, so bye-bye Fitbit.

Best Answer

@MMRVienna Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with your new One not turning on. Thanks for performing the restart steps in order to sort this out. Thanks for sharing those details.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox for next steps.

@SunsetRunner @Stowwn @MooneyM @jadetiger It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are experiencing this situation as well. Thanks for also performing the restart and for sharing the details about this.

I went ahead and created a case for each of you with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Fitbit One, is there a solution for this? I have to restart it many times a day now. I really do not like wristbands either so might have to switch if I cant get this fixed! Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there

I have given up on my fitbit, there wasn't any fixes for it that worked, I've tried restarting it but no use.

Kind regards,

Neil Stow
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not been able to resolve this problem and my One is out of the
warranty period but I was offered a discounted Zip which I have accepted.
It seems to be the only non-wristband version available, although without
all the functionality of the One.

Sorry not to have a solution for you.

Christine
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dmoneyNYC Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing this with your One not turning on. Thanks for restarting it.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@Stowwn Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience. I created a case with customer support in your behalf some days ago. Did you got any reply from them already?

@jadetiger It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this. I'm glad they were able to provide you with a solution to get you back on track with a Fitbit Zip. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. I've tried resetting and even removing and reinstalling the device from my phone app. Same cycle, will be on for a bit and then will turn off and stop tracking. I have been a fitbit user since 2012, perhaps one of the first users of the original fitbit tracker, and have switched to Flex, Charge, Charge HR, but One is the most versatile for me. 

I'd appreciate any help in resuscitating my One.  It sounds like the issues are in the software.  I have taken very good care of my device.  Plus, having owned other Fitbit devices I know that Fitbit makes good products.  Hopefully it's an easy fix because I love my One.   

Thank you!

Best Answer

I also believe this is a software issue. Unfortunately, I think Fitbit has decided not to try to troubleshoot the problem as they're trying to move all users to a wrist-type tracker. They said they would still support the One but it doesn't seem that they are. After all of these same reports, they know what the problem is and appear to have chosen not to fix it, which is quite disappointing. They could just tell us that.

I have also been a Fitbit user for five or more years and have tried the wristband devices during that time. I found that if I was pushing a shopping cart or stroller, or holding anything in my arm, the tracker wouldn't pick up steps at all. That's why I really liked the on-the-body device. I'll have to find another vendor for my preferred type.

Best Answer

@myrrhzd I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying the restart steps and for removing and adding your tracker back to your account in order to sort this out. Also, thanks for sharing all of those details regarding this and for being such a long term Fitbit user. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for sharing your feedback and thoughts about customer support on this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experiencing the same issue for many days now and getting very frustrated. I work all day only to come home and find my fitbit shut off and not recording anything!! I wish they still sold the One because I do not like wearing anything on my wrist. I have restarted it many times with no luck, if anyone has a solution please let me know. Thanks!! Getting frustrated and may have to look for a new pocket tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner. thank you for your reply.  I tried to keep my faith that fitbit isn't really doing this to force users to their new products, but having received a 25% discount offer on a new tracker as their 'fix' for my perfectly sound One, I agree with you that this smells like a marketing tactic. A stinky one at it!  it's like infecting my tracker with a killer virus to force me to retire it.  well, guess what... thanks, fitbit, for the offer, but I pass.  it's time to give the competitors a try.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same issue with my One.  I received the new update of 6.64, now the One does not work.  How do we resolve?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tessa22 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to fix the situation you are experiencing with your One not turning on. Thanks for your feedback regarding it.

@myrrhzd Thanks for your reply and for sharing the experience you have had with customer support. Thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread.

@RunningDallas It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also reporting that you are experiencing the same with your One. 

In this case, please try restarting it. This has helped other users in the past. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly, numerous attempts to re-start have failed and I am no longer using
Fitbit.

Christine
Best Answer
0 Votes