Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Turning Off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My tracker seems to have developed a fault. It turns itself off and does not record any information and once you start it will count steps for a short while and then turn itself off again.

Any help much appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

@SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner Thanks for your replies and for sharing your feedback on this thread.

Sorry to see you go. Please take a look at the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

Keep me posted!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing exactly the same thing.  I dropped it and thought that was the cause but - to be honest - I've dropped it before and nothing happened.

The One turns itself off intermittently, over the course of the day the time difference between 'real' time and the time noted on the One can be 2 hours difference (the One being 2 hours behind) and it doesn't count steps during periods when it is off.  I have some regular walks which I know the step count for and some days lately I get a measure of maybe 3000 less steps for a standard walk.

I like the One but if it's going to keep doing this - I might as well give up.

And I have tried the restart a number of times and it doesn't fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up on the Fit Bit One and am currently trying another brand which I really like!!! Sorry FitBit but this forum of concerns never got solved and I went elsewhere 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did you go with? I attempted the FitBit Alta and it broke after two
weeks... waiting on the warranty replacement to come but i'm getting pretty
jaded at this point...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not one that likes things on my wrist, but I went with the Apple Watch because I got so frustrated with my FitBit One shutting off. I’ve also heard of the FitBit wrist trackers having trouble too so switched brands all together. Didn’t want to spend the money and not have it work again. I DO miss the FitBit One but needed something different since they couldn’t fix the problem of it shutting off even when it was fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I left Fitbit too due to the shutdown of my One and all the problems I read about the wrist units.  I was going to get the Versa,  but it too had a bunch of issues....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've given up bought a cheap variety instead that does what I need

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the same..

Best Answer
0 Votes

My one has been doing the same thing.  Same software update.  Is there any way to roll the software back?  If not I'm going to some other company's tracker...once I find something that clips on like the one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EliseJ Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you have experienced with your One. Thanks fro trying the restart steps and for sharing those details.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf. Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@Tessa22 @dmoneyNYC @SwanDog @Sewsue I hope you're doing well! Thank you very much for sharing your input and feedback on this thread.

@shellmybelle It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting you are also experiencing the same. 

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. You can do this a couple of times if needed. This should help you out to get back on track.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fit Bit One has also stopped working.  I did the reboot and it works for a couple of minutes.  Then dead.  It also says 6.64.  Thanks, Kim

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the 6.64 is the latest software version.  That's what's killing the One.  You can do resets till the cows come home and it probably wont work.  If you get an email from fitbit it probably will tell you to do the reset procedures that u did multiple times.  When u tell them it still doesnt work they'll  probably give u 25% off another fitbit model,  which I've seen other stores already givr.  The One is being phased out...  Mine went into the garbage awhile ago....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Merricksmom Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post that you are also experiencing a similar situation on this thread. Thanks for trying the restart steps to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@SwanDog Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience, input, and feedback on this thread. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit one was working fine - i stopped wearing it for a couple years - i charged it - my app requested i update the firmware so i did - now it won't work at all - i have tried resetting the one and all i have now is a blank screen like so many others here on the forum - it is very frustrating - i have uninstalled the app and reinstalled - gone through many steps and it seems like the firmaware upgrade left the one users in the dust - has anyone been able to get their one working after updating the firmware? anyone at all?? i have used fitbit for 9 years. this is discouraging and doesn't fill me with any confidence to upgrade ...

Best Answer

I have used my FitBit One for many years also and started having many problems with the update. Nothing seems to fix the problem and we haven’t gotten any help from FitBit to resolve the issue. I went with a different brand... seems like they wanted to discontinue the One and it must be working because no one can get their Ones to work properly 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: It is very frustrating!

Best Answer

@Toadlily Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing this situation with your One. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf for you to get further assistance on this. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@Tessa22 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with customer support. Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes