Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Turning Off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My tracker seems to have developed a fault. It turns itself off and does not record any information and once you start it will count steps for a short while and then turn itself off again.

Any help much appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

I think you've correctly identified the issue. Quite literally hundreds of people have had the same problem with the same outcome. It's been illuminating to see the response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I heard back from the support email you mentioned. Since my Fitbit One was replaced once already they will not do anything to help me. It’s frustrating because the problem of the One shutting down does not seem to be an isolated problem. From this forum, it sounds like many people are having the same issue and it shouldn’t matter if my Fitbit One was replaced once or not. It was working fine until a few weeks ago. I feel it’s a problem on FitBit’s end not mine. I hope you can find a solution to this problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Tessa22,

I contacted support today, it appears this has happened to those of us who utilize the One, there was a software update which caused the error, interesting isn't it.  What makes it interesting is they are offering 25% off to purchase another device.  However, if we purchase an Iconic Watch, it could be up to 35-40% off. In other words it's all about their marketing.  

When I shared with the support team that I wanted a device that is not visible he stated "Everything we have left is visible, we want to people to see our products" 

Marketing! Marketing! Marketing!

Best Answer

@jadetiger Thanks for your reply and for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out. It's unfortunate to read that you are no longer using a Fitbit.

On your previous post, you mentioned that you accepted an offer from customer support to get a Fitbit Zip. Are you still going to get it?

@kctinMA Thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread.

@Tessa22 Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details regarding the experience you have had with customer support. It's unfortunate to read that they are not replacing your One once again. Did they offered any other solutions?

@RunningDallas I hope you're doing well! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this matter. It's unfortunate to read that the solution provided was not the best for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

SantiFitBit: support just told me they could not replace my Fitbit One and did not offer any solution for the defective replacement either 😐 just said ”sorry we can not offer you a replacement at this time.” 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have just started having this issue. Restarting it didn't help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tessa22 Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details about your experience with customer support. It's unfortunate to read that they didn't offered any other solutions. Thanks for sharing.

@Jet40 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting this and for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is turning off, not turning on, sometimes showing inaccurate data-- wrong time, fewer steps than it showed minutes before (and not anywhere near midnight!). Reset did not do anything.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please understand, the company has upgraded the software which created the malfunction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When did they update? I am still having the problem and it sounds like many people are also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi fellow One users,

My Fitbit is experiencing the same issue and the reset didn't clear up the problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One. Thanks for trying the restart steps to sort this out. Latest update was released o 11/16/17.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@Emmerz Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also reporting this and for trying the restart steps.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@RunningDallas Thanks for your feedback on this thread.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue unresolved.

All Fitbit wants is another purchase of another item that they will eventually let die again.  

Only to offer 25% off the one after that.

No thanks.

Best Answer
Let us know what you find and choose!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I have restarted several times but am about to give up, so annoying when I'm near the end of a year long steps challenge. How long is the life expectancy of a Fitbit One?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a few which lasted two years apiece. The one which I wrote about which was malfunctioning is now dead. It shows version number when in the charger. It does not come on at all out of the charger.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK mine is coming up 2 yrs I think. No issues until this last update. Given everyone else seems to have issues from the update it would seem the update is causing all the problems. The obvious answer is a further update to resolve it. If not then Fitbit is going to lose customers not persuade them to upgrade. I need something discrete to wear, working in a hospital not a replacement watch.

Best Answer

Hi Sewsue

Agree! I work in a very secured area, we are not allowed to have any devices such as phones and or watches with.  

The upgrade caused an issue, the company is not willing to keep happy customers. 

Very disappointing!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well so far it appears to be working properly again. We'll see if it lasts 

Best Answer

Suddenly, so is mine. I hope it lasts. Perhaps this group was so vocal they decided to do the right thing and fix whatever bug there was with update 6.64.

Best Answer