Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Turning Off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My tracker seems to have developed a fault. It turns itself off and does not record any information and once you start it will count steps for a short while and then turn itself off again.

Any help much appreciated 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

The Motiv ring tracker sounds interesting. 

https://mymotiv.com/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your replies on this thread. Did customer support contacted you already?

Also, please check this thread in which you can take a look the official discussion for One alternatives. 

@Emmerz @RunningDallas Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience with customer support. Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the solution provided.

@Sewsue Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing all of those details regarding the experience you have had with Fitbit One so far.

I'm really glad to read that it started to work properly. Let me know if you experience any other difficulties once again.

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing this. I'm really happy to know that you are back on track now!

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well my fitbit alarm woke me this am, then I walked the dog & tried to sync & it wouldn't. An hour later it synced but no trace of the mile I walked with the dog. The rest of today it has recorded ok & synced but would appear back to unpredictability.  I wont be replacing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted and reset several times.  Nothing has happened.  It displays Fitbit 6.64 when its turned on, I've worn it for the past few days, without it recording my activities.

It's gone bye-bye!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RunningDallas Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details once again.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@Sewsue Thanks for your reply too and for sharing the experience you are having now. I'm glad it finally synced.

Regarding the walk with your dog activity; did you recorded it using the exercise mode on your tracker? (press and hold the button till it vibrates and show a stopwatch) How did you logged the activity?

Please feel free to manually log it so you won't loose credit for it.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using a FitBit One for a few years without any problem. I am using version 64, and now the unit turns itself off after about 5 minutes, saying the battery is empty. If you place the unit in the charger, the battery is immediately fully charged (and the dashboard confirms a fully charged unit). Then 5 minutes later it won't turn on again, unless you connect the charger. I have rest it multiple times without any progress.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are all experiencing the same issue.  When the most recent software upgrade was completed this caused the issue, the device (One) turns on and off, we reset but not it does not work.  It appears to be working however, it continues the cycle. Very disappointing that the company will not correct the issue.

Best Answer
I didn't log the dog walk specifically as its something I do daily so I know roughly how many steps/miles I should have after it. Today I had no steps.  Since then it has logged everything else today so far.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dairy99 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are also experiencing with your Fitbit One. Thanks for performing the restart steps in order to sort this out and for sharing all of those details.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Keep an eye on you email inbox for next steps.

@Sewsue Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details about the activity. Feel free to manually log it so you don's loose credit for it. 

I'm glad it is now tracking correctly, please let me know if you experience this again.

@RunningDallas Thanks for providing your feedback on this thread.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Guess what? I completed a test and it was proven.  I purchased a brand new Fitbit One, charged it, did not allow the new software to update and it worked without any issues.  Then, I allowed the software update to be uploaded and guess what? The device is not working.  It is turning itself off. I will return for a full refund.  Proven, the software update caused the issue.  Interesting, the update caused our One to shut down in an effort to purchase a device.

Best Answer

@RunningDallas Thanks for your reply and for sharing the experience you have had with the new One you purchased. It's unfortunate to read that it stopped working after updating it. 

By any chance, have you tried restarting it? Usually this helps sorting out that type of situation.

Also, where did you bought it? Have you gotten in touch with the retailer already?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course, I re-started the device several times, without positive outcomes. Please admit the company has disabled the device in an effort to increase sales on the devices that are visible.   This is a same tactic Apple utilized by disabling the battery on older model iPhones to increase sale towards the most recent model phone. They finally admitted their action in an effort to increase sale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting.  I started a new thread and it looks like the issue has run rampant.  Just saw this thread.  mine doesn't show the version just the battery is full when I push the display button,  that's it.  It's not turning on.  Sounds like they killed all the Ones....  I don't want a wrist unit either and it sounds like the clip on units are more accurate.

Zip seems to have been around forever and is still available for purchase.  That seems curious....

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really disappointing! I have been a loyal user of FitBit products since 2012 and now my One has also been having this problem of going to sleep with a full battery so steps aren’t tracked... I ride horses and have tried the wristband options, for almost 6 months I used both and I’d have any where from 5,000 to 15,000+ more steps with the wristband options than my One so I’ve repeatedly replaced my One when lost or broken. 

You don’t have to wear it to help them market their products... there are better ways to accomplish this goal. 

The irony, I bet I talk to someone about my One and either show it or the app to someone at least 1-2x a week - the best kind of Marketing! Ask me my favorite electronic and after my phone, I’d have said my FitBit. It’s also definitely one of my top 5 apps on my phone.

I was actually trying to buy another One given these recent problems when I couldn’t figure out why I could find one to buy, but I guess I’ll be look at other brands because my exercise (riding + brushing horses, cleaning stalls, sweeping, etc.,) does NOT track correctly with these wrist options. 

I sure hope the FitBit folks reconsider and relaunch the One!!

#AVerySadDay 

Best Answer

Nope - mine’s dead again. I’m going to look for another brand. You’ve lost a loyal customer, FitBit. It makes me sad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RunningDallas Thanks for your reply and for sharing your feedback regarding this. I don't see any official information saying that Fitbit has done something like that. Can you please share with me the official source of that information? 

@SwanDog I hope you're doing well. I replied to you on the other thread. I created a case with customer support in your behalf for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@K8johnson Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. In this case, I'd recommend voting for this feature suggestion which is asking for a new clip on tracker to be created. The more votes, the better. Thanks for your interest on having this.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply! That's unfortunate to read. Did you informed customer support about this through the case I created for you? They should be able to provide you with a solution for this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a couple of days of normal working mine now will not restart.  This mornings alarm didn't go off, I discovered the time was wrong. I restarted it no problems - now 7 hours later the time is wrong, it will not restart either. Completely fed up. It can only be the last update that has caused everyones problems.  Come on Fitbit sort it out before you lose lots of customers.

Best Answer

@Sewsue I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the situation you are having with your One. Thanks for trying the restart process.

What happens when you do the restart steps? Dies it show the Fitbit icon and version number?

Also, is it syncing? The time should correct itself once the tracker successfully syncs if the time zone settings are correct. 

Regarding alarms, they probably didn't went off because the time was wrong. If that keeps happening even if the time is correct; please try removing them and setting the up once again

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Santi,

I applaud your optimism but it should be apparent from all the emails you are answering that there IS no fix for this problem with our FitBit Ones. We have all exhausted the steps you've told us to take and no one has gotten any positive results. Some of us have had ours work for a couple of days, then quit again. FitBit has let down a significant portion of its consumers by not fixing the bug that was introduced with 6.64, and most of us will go elsewhere to get the type of trackers we need.  I will be leaving this forum now and disconnecting my One from my employer's fitness program. Best - CynW

Best Answer
0 Votes
I threw mine in the trash several days ago. I will be getting a Motiv as a holiday gift.
Best Answer
0 Votes