Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201
I bought a new Fitbit One from Fitbit about a month ago when I started having battery problems. However, I just checked their website and saw that they are no longer selling the Fitbit One. I'm really sorry they've apparently discontinued the product. For me the One is the perfect fitness tracker. I neither want nor need the wristbands they are now pushing.

Bob
Best Answer
My battery is fully charged but no sync

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t believe they don’t know how to fix it after people have been reporting it for months. I don’t think they want to fix it.

Best Answer

Same issues as everyone else.  Battery drains immediately, and my fitbit will not sync, no matter if all-day sync is on or off.  Please fix!!!

Best Answer

The Fitbit One was ideal for me too. Disappointed the new clip-on Zip doesn’t have the same range of features including stair climbs. 

Best Answer

Mine was doing the same thing, so I bought a new one thinking the battery was going bad on my old one. Same thing happened with the new one for a while. Right now I am going on 2 1/2 weeks since a charge. Not sure why, but I hope it continues.

@KateFitbit wrote:

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am having the battery drain problem lately, too. And sometimes now One will stop syncing and just display “looking.” The only thing that fixes this for me is doing a restart of the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I turn off all day sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

in your fitbit app, click the rectangular box in the upper right-hand corner, then click One under your name, Look down near the bottom where you see all day sync; if you see green that means it’s on, just move the slider to the left to turn off. 

Best Answer

It’s a real problem. When are they going to fix it? Mine barely lasts a day? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem of DRAINING battery.

Best Answer

I’ve done all the sync/restart steps. My One will occasionally sync when plugged into the charger. Will not sync the minute it’s removed, won’t display steps, won’t count steps. I get told something different every time I chat with someone. 

I’ve still not been given the option to update to 6.64. I’ve still not heard back from fitbit (even though I was told I was fast-tracked and would be first to get info on updates/fixes).

Anyone want to place bets on when/if fitbit will actually fix this for everyone? 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with the One losing charge in less than a day since the new IOS update and the FitBit update. I have it set to manual sync and charge it each night when I am in the shower. I shut the phone off after the IOS update (I have a 7 Plus). 

Just weighing in here that I will miss the One when it is gone.  It seems to me that the Flex 2 just doesn't track like it should and continually comes in short to the One by at least 100 steps. 

Best Answer

I agree I do not like tracker bands. If I wanted to wear something on my wrist I have some great watches. I guess when this dies it is either to another company or stop tracking all together.  The ONE is the or was the perfect low key tracker. On another note eBay has a used one for close to $300. 

Best Answer

It's been almost two weeks with many users still having problems keeping a charge and syncing. Any news? I also bought a new One about two months ago, and did so because of problems with the old one. Now I think the problem was the software and I didn't need to spend the money. What is the company going to do?

Best Answer

I've messaged twice regarding the same issue. This has been happening since August. How exactly is it being rectified? 

Twice this week my Fitbit has died after a supposedly full charge.

when it restarts even the time is wrong. Telling me it's 2am when it's 4 in the afternoon!

Best Answer

I was part of the ultra-long "One not holding charge" which they shut down as solved.  A sw update during that time seemed to solve the issue for me (back to holding a 14 day charge) but I ruined it by turning on all day sync.  Since then, even having turned that feature back off again, I'm down to 1-2 days on a charge.  And some syncing issues.

So, no, this has not been resolved.

Best Answer

Very disappointed that Fitbit does not seem to be addressing this issue or even communicating with us. It just feels like they have dropped the Fitbit One and along with it all its current users who have invested in their product.  Fitbit we are sending you a taunt to do better - please listen or we may run for the hills...

Best Answer
Let’s hope the new update works.....

Xoxo:o):united_states:
Best Answer

The update worked for me  YAHOO!

Best Answer
0 Votes