Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Nothing helps . Battery doesn't last like it used to 

Best Answer

I told tech chat this several days ago, but even with my all day sync toggled off, my app kept syncing. 

Best Answer

I am having this same issue.  Battery charge only lasting about 36 hours.  I have turned off the All Day Sinc but don't want to continue with sinc off.  

Best Answer

Thank you for this message!  I think that is what is happening to my One.  Have had NO battery charging issues for pretty much as long as I have owned it (@3 years) and it went from fully charged on Wednesday to needing to charge it this morning (Saturday).  I have it charging right now and have turned off "all day sync, " so we shall see what happend.

Best Answer

Recently my Fitbit 1 won’t hold a charge for more than 3 days and today it failed

to track my steps. I contacted the help desk and they said there’s a glitch, this was 3 weeks ago. Shouldn’t that be fixed by now. 

Best Answer

Thanks Kate for having re-opened the topic.

You had closed the original thread and were suggesting 2.41.1 IOS update was fixing the situation but I am glad FitBit recognises it is not the case. From my perspective, the issue is still exactly the same one.

As engineer with 25+ years experience in IT, allow me to suggest the root cause: the background sync is nor properly closing the bluetooth connection: this drains the battery but all prevent synchronisation from other devices.

The only workaround is to stocp background sync and to force manual sync. If the manual sync does not work, you have to reach your different devices and force the sync on the one "monopolising" the bluetooth connection. Once that sync is completed, other devices can resume their sync as well.

Very cumbersome, ...and now the issue is lasting for 2+ months.

Best Answer

@Kathylas I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to this official thread which is about the same topic you posted.

Please check the first post on this thread. Fitbit is aware of this problem and is looking into this already!

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

My "One" has been having the same issues. Mine started around the same time everyone else's began. I had also changed phones the I-phone 6. from an Android Samsung. So I closed the app and the I-phone and started it back up on the Samsung, Now my fit bit has been going 5 days and the battery is showing medium. It looks to me to be a I-phone - fitbit interface issue. I had done everything suggested on the I-phone, stopping the all day sync(which was already off,) and the restarting the fitbit, etc.. The only thing that worked was going back to the Samsung phone. This is a short term fix because the I-phone is my new phone (company issue) and as soon as I get everything I want transferred over I will part ways with it. 

Best Answer

As reported by others, the battery life on my One has become ridiculously short. I thought it was a bad battery and bought a new One. Same result. I hope you fix this issue, because the lack of decent battery life seriously degrades the product.

Best Answer

This seems to be the issue I am experiencing. My Fitbit one now drains it battery extremely fast despite cancelling all alarms etc. It has gone from full charge to dead in just one day causing a disappointing loss in data. Hope this is resolved soon or it might be time to look elsewhere...

Best Answer

I am still having issues, as well.  Have tried just deleting the app, but my Fitbit one still only holds a charge for about an hour.  Weird thing is, when I plug it into my computer to recharge, it takes about five minutes for it to show a full charge....which then drains extremely quickly.  This all has occurred in the past two weeks.  Before that, my FB one worked beautifully and I was always very happy.  Have tried resetting it and turning off all day sync (when the app was still on my phone).  Nothing seems to remedy this problem.  Am thinking of switching to new brand of device if this is not solved soon.  Really missing this activity tracker...

Best Answer

@BarbaraC88 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I moved your post to this thread that is about the problem you are describing. 

Please stay tuned on this thread for updates regarding this problem. Fitbit is currently working to get a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only does my Fibit One no longer track my steps, it stopped syncing on 10/14/17 (6 month old tracker) and my iphone no longer recognizes it...it keeps saying, "Looking".  I've tried all the recommendations on the site to reset it.  Also, my tracker doesn't even hold a charge for a full day!  Pretty frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the iOS app to 2.41.1 on the evening of October 14th, fully charged the battery, and turned ON All-Day Sync. Less than 3 days later and the battery is "Empty." I concur that 2.41.1 has NOT fixed the battery drain issue in spite of what Kate reported on the original thread that's two months old tomorrow. Hint, hint.

Can Fitbit please not prematurely declare something is fixed and close this thread without first getting confirmation by the majority of people on this thread? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does fitbit need someone to offer to come fix the app? We’ve been patient for weeks now. Is anyone actually working on this? As an actual priority? Bueler?

Best Answer

I love my Fitbit. Bought it in March 2014. Wear it 24/7 (except for showering).  Want to replace it but it looks like all you focus on is wrist type items. Having checked with Fitbit, Amazon, Walmart is seems this product is no longer available. I think this is a mistake on your part.  I just wanted you to know that here is one person that loves what this product does, the ease of wearing it and that all my computer spreadsheets for my doctors are based on this product. Very distressed to hear that it is no longer available.

Carolyn Guthman (81 years old - but still on the go)

Best Answer

mine is also not syncing

Best Answer

No syncing here.

This is getting pathetic. My Fitbit was virtually problem-free until that update that messed up the battery. Ever since the,n its performance is spotty. This is absolutely pathetic. 

Best Answer

Where did you buy a new One?  I can't find them anywhere.

Best Answer