Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

My battery is dead almost instantly after charging

Best Answer

Hi Everyone, we are still aware that users are experiencing battery drain on app 2.41.1 iOS and our team is investigating. We do appreciate your patience and reports. I'll continue to update this thread on the status next week.  

Please note, the firmware update mentioned here is still being rolled out and will not correct the iOS app battery drain. Please see the post for more information on the firmware update. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

What new update? What version are you using?

Best Answer

Also so very curious what it would take for a Fitbit to either bring back the One or some other something that is not wearable. 

Best Answer

Like the others on this page I am having the same problem of charge not lasting.  I was going to buy a new ONE , but not if I am going to experience the same problem.  How will you inform us of the fix you come up with?  I really count on my fitbit on an every day basis, but now its letting me down. 

Best Answer

Love my Fitbit One and I used to love  The fact that I could go a good week and a half between charges. Those days are long gone! For some reason I now have to charge it about every other day. I have restarted several times, clean the connections, and finally called customer support. I was told they are aware of this, apparently a software issue,  and are working on a fix. That was probably a month ago. So annoying!! You would think the technology would be getting better, not worse 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One started needing to be charged every other day about two weeks ago. Yesterday, it stopped charging altogether and is totally dead. I’ve tried different electrical outlets, but that doesn’t help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have also been having short battery life for a few weeks, after no issues for 2+ years.  Just upgraded to IOS version 2.42 from 2.41 but it is too soon to know if that helped.  Has anyone else tried 2.42?  Can someone at Fitbit comment on what to expect with 2.42?

Also would like to register a complaint about the ONE being discontinued with no further availability.  The ONE is the only Fitbit product that works for us.

Charlie (and Anna)

Denver Co

Best Answer

Here is an update to my previous entry 10/27/17.  After reading through this thread I changed my setting in my iPhone app, to stop the all-day sync.(The same setting I have been using since the day I got my fitbit).  This seems to have breathed new life back into my ONE.  The charge lasted 6 days instead of less than 48 hours.  And I was surprised that even though all-day sync is off, it does automatically re-sync each time I open the app(So it makes me wonder how often it was trying to sync when all-day was on???---maybe that was the problem)  Anyway in case this helps anyone else.  

Oh, and one more thing.  I was at my Weight Watchers meeting this week and they had a new FitBit One on sale for $49.95, so I bought it. I don't know if other WW meetings might still have them, but I decided to buy it since I see that they are no longer available in stores.  You might want to check.  Happy stepping everyone!

Best Answer

Same here.  Why is this taking so long to address or are they just gaslighting us to grind us down and look at one of their other products?  This product works so well for me and it will be such a disappointment if they decide to make it obsolete for all us that love it.  

Best Answer

Turning off the All-day sync has not worked for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree completely.  One is the only fitbit that I would ever use.  Am not going to go with a wearable.  

Best Answer
Although I'm angry about the discontinuation of FitBit One, I am trying the new Flex 2.  Because I hate the bracelets. Found a magnetic holder by Henodaus that works just fine.  It's tiny but does the things I need most -- #of steps and sleep monitoring.  All the other stuff (food, etc.) I type in manually on my comuter.

One note of caution: don't stand by a washer or dryer with this in your pocket - all that metal pulls the Flex 2 right out of your pocket. 😃
CG
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just lost a workweek hustle, my One battery shows less than half charge, charge it to full, and on trying to sync with windows 10 app, with the now fully charged battery, laptop screen shows the battery at half charged and will not sync. Unable to sync for 30 hours.  I did the 30 second restart on my ONE twice yesterday, that didn't change anything. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app for Windows 10 twice on both my laptop and android phone. That accomplished nothing. Rather pissed off as I type. I have a new Fitbit One still in original package, but I don't want to lose my history since 2014.

Any suggestions?   Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Why has this not been fixed ? My battery still drains in days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the clock change Saturday night my steps and sleep are not showing up on my iPhone, and my battery on the fitbit is draining fast. I tried updated, just searches and searches for the device, tried resetting up the app. and that won't work either, help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my new Fitbit One on June 17.  Battery lasted 10 days or more at first.  About two months ago it starting needing a charge in 4 or 5 days. Two days ago I was all set to go out for a walk and the One was dead and it had been fully charged 4 days before. Today only 2 days charged and it is already showing that it needs charging.  I used to receive an email when it was time to charge but now I am not getting the email and it is set up to do so.  I checked in Help and saw where All Day Sync should be turned off and mine has not been on so that is not the problem.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jikwild Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to this official thread that is about the same problem you are experiencing. 

Thanks for contacting customer support. As they said, Fitbit is aware of this and working on a fix. I recommend staying tuned for updates on this thread. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want to jinx it, but I'm having better luck.  My One actually synced and seems to be holding the charge better.  Maybe the FitBit techies are woking on the fix?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
@suefit5 There is indeed a known issue with the FitBit IOS app since August
2017: it drains the battery of the One devices if the continuous background
synchronisation is activated. My feeling is that the background sync is
leading to a "stuck but active bluetooth connection" because it also
prevent any other device to sync.

However, when synchronizing when launching the app, there is no such issue.
Hence you can "work around" the problem by clicking on your device
parameters in the fitbit app (accessible from your own profile: icon top
right), and deactivating the continuous synchronisation option.

In the past the background synchronisation was working fine (my own device
battery was actually lasting for more than two weeks).
The feature is in practice not really effective anymore (until the fitbit
IOS app will fix the problem) sit will force you to charge every odd day or
so.

With continuous synchronisation disable, the fitbit will still synchronise
every time you manually launch the fitbit app.

Best regards,

Philippe

PS be aware that several users report an issue when "upgrading the
firmware" of their One device: in card the IOS app propose you such
upgrade, I would recommend to carefully think before trying it, as it may
break the One device bluetooth accessibility for good as reported in a
number of cases. I personally will wait for positive reports before going
for it.
Best Answer
0 Votes