Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

This solution worked immediately for me in solving my charging and dying problem. This is the response I received from Support:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000194 EndHTML:000359270 StartFragment:000356893 EndFragment:000359160 StartSelection:000356893 EndSelection:000359160 SourceURL:https://mail.yahoo.com/?.src=ym(429 unread) - llbertone@yahoo.com - Yahoo Mail

Best Answer

I have no idea what you are saying....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was experiencing the same battery drainage as most of the people in this conversation, until my One just stopped charging and went dead. After posting my problem, I heard from Fitbit Support, and they sent me the instructions to restart my One that I reposted here after it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Linda
Best Answer

My Fitbit one used to hold a charge for about a week.  Now I’m lucky if I get a complete day out of it. Has anything been figured out yet?

Best Answer

I notice this to only last tops 3 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Since I restarted mine using the instructions from Fitbit Support and turning off the auto-syncing, mine is still fully charged after four days.

Sent from my iPhone
Linda
Best Answer

My Fitbit One was charged 4 days ago. Yesterday (3rd day) it showed that the battery was halfway charged (yellow). It died on me today without warning.   I had no warning by email that it needed recharging.  How come I am not gettng the email any more?

Best Answer
Hello, I had the same problem what I done was clean the the metal strip inside of case I assume this was the problem, dirty, since then my one fit bit has been keeping a charge over 4 days now .Hope this helps. Bearj
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to mine too. Had it 4 years without a problem now have to charge it every 36 hours or so. Thought it was dying and was worried as the one is not available anymore. Don’t like the zip and can’t wear wrist trackers at work so was thinking I’d have to fine a different tracker. 

Best Answer
I was not aware that the fit bit one was discontinue, mine is now keeping a charge for about 5 days now. maybe do away with the update would help?
Best Answer
Thank you! I will try that to see if it helps!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot t tell you that I also pressed the bottom button on fit bit one several times this took the up date off my fit bit one has been running for a week with very little battery discharge. hope this helps you more. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if that helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ummm what ‘bottom’ button? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Le me explain in more detail on the front of your fit bit one where the screen is there is small button that extends across the screen push this button down 7 times it might delete the recent update this is what I done and it worked, I keep a battery charge now until I recharge it about 7 days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One battery is draining very quickly too. Will wait to hear update.

Best Answer

This continues to be an issue for me, as well as the app randomly not finding the One (if I try to sync, it sits and blinks with the plus sign) even though it is inches away.  None of this used to be an issue between the Fitbit and either of my iOS devices.  They've really monkeyed something up. 

Best Answer
Your wrote:
> as well as the app randomly not finding the One "

I confirm to also experience that. I diagnosed that this is because one of
my IOS device seems to take a frozen lock of the One bluetooth connection
while running in "background". The work around I found is to launch manual
synchronization for each single computer/mobile phone until I find the
guilty one.

For example, I cannot see the One from my iPad? Well I have to go to the
iPhone in order to manual force a synchronization completion from there and
then quit the fitbit IOS app on the phone. Then the One device is visible
again from my iPad IOS app.

I actually suspect that this "stucked bluetooth connection" issue
(introduced in the August 2017 FitBit IOS app release) ...is the same issue
causing the battery drain of the One (somehow those stuck bluetooth
connections are requiring more processing/wireless transmission power from
the One, even if the connection is failing), dropping in my case the device
autonomy by 90% if I keep background sync active and still by 50% otherwise
(a bluetooth stucked connection still happens).

Regards,

Philippe
Best Answer

Interesting work-around, but for me I had to kill the app on both iOS devices AND reboot the One itself to get any of the devices to find it again.  I reboot by plugging the ONE in via the charging cable into the computer, and holding the button down for 15 seconds or so.  Perhaps there is an easier way.

Agree on the whole bluetooth connectivity being the likely culprit in this.  Rather like having an iPhone search continuously for a wifi connection it can't find.

Best Answer
We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer