Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201
I reported this back in September. Battery is not even lasting a day now. I was assured back then it was being sorted!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

FitBit has discontinued the One so I doubt we are going to get a fix on this. 

Best Answer

have been having the problems described. worked perfectly well before. great little device and am so disappointed that it is going wonky. 

Best Answer

They had me for a long time. I’m not buying one of their wrist devices. Using my Apple Watch. Bye, bye  Fitbit!

@jancieR wrote:

have been having the problems described. worked perfectly well before. great little device and am so disappointed that it is going wonky. 

Best Answer

Such a shame that FITBIT does not seem willing to put the effort in to support this product anymore!

Best Answer

Oh man! I'm having the same issue. I thought my One was on its last leg when it went from being charged to completely dead in a few days. I went to Fitbit.com to see if I could buy a new one. Then I see that they don't make it anymore (😭) and it's just a problem with an update. I hope it gets figured out soon. 

Best Answer
I would just take the update off had same problem but is now working great
Best Answer

i'd like to know how to take the update off, if you can post the instructions.

i called fitbit and grilled them. they say they are releasing a fix. mine is still in warranty and ive said i am holding them responsible for breaking it. I don't want the other versions either, but I do want my money back if this will be an ongoing issue.  

all other one users, I encourage you to call fitbit. they gave me a case number in an email and say that they are monitoring the number of complaints they get. not sure if it will change the outcome, but they need to be contacted by everyone to understand the mess they are making of this.  

Best Answer
I kind of forget what I done as it was a while back but I think I just pressed the button on bottom of screen seven times this I believe will delete the newer program at least it worked for me I keep a good charge for over a week hope this helps
Best Answer
How do I do that?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive done it all - nothing works.  Sigh.....come on please! fix this,

Best Answer

I know you are still aware that there is a problem, but now I am charging this 2x a day.   Is there any fix or is this a big to Fitbit One users?  Please be honest with us.   Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Format/Word Choice

Best Answer

this does nothing other than advance the screen from calories, steps, time of day,  and so forth.

Best Answer

My battery is also draining within 24 hours. This is a new thing. Please fix asap

Best Answer

@Jmuellman the official message if that this is caused by a bug in the IOS app. Although there was clearly a IOS app bug  introduced in August 2017, my recent degradation "below a day" is however not related to that known issue: I have temporarily stopped running the IOS app (also going in IOS parameters to prevent its background execution) and it did not resolve my "drastic battery decrease" since the firmware upgrade. I had opened a new support ticket to explain this but it was considered as an individual issue... And no replacement device is currently proposed in that case, as the resolution is meat to be "an IOS app fix".

if we are several to notice severe degradation (<24 hours) since a firmware-upgrade milestone, the forum may be a good way to signal it. If not, this would be a rare coincidence.

As a workaround, I now charge the device everytime I take the car.... ;(

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah that’s what it’s beginning to feel like. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please advise the current status?  My One just started experiencing these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
my One still drains the battery, although not as bad as some on the forum.
I may have to get it charged ever 3rd day instead of a week that i normally
got.
It does sync though, unlike when it would stop syncing every other day...I
guess "restarting" the One did the trick on that issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has now stopped charging.  Having persevered with customer service they are sending me a replacement. I appreciate that they might not continue to support the software, but it will buy me time to find an alternative i like.  I looked at the jawbone up, it's fiddly to get out of the clip and the functionality is not as good as the Fitbit One

Best Answer
i was referred to the misfit shine or shine 2. ordered it so we will see
how it compares to the fitbit one. 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes