Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Mine has now stopped charging at all.  Having persevered with customer service they are sending me a replacement. I appreciate that they might not continue to support the software, but it will buy me time to find an alternative.  I looked at the jawbone up, it's fiddly to get out of the clip and the functionality is not as good as the Fitbit One

Best Answer

@jancieR, you wrote "Mine has now stopped charging at all." But then this cannot be related to the known IOS problem reported in this thread.

Still, I also observed a recent drastic degradation of the battery charge, further to the one introduced with the IOS upgrade of last August: I correlate this precisely to the "firmware v6.64 upgrade" I did accept to apply, as it happened exactly after that milestone. I cannot however exclude a "pure coincidence" but the probability seemed very low to me. Could you elaborate how/when this happened in your case to help determine through the forum  if there is a general issue related to the firmware, or if the battery degradation is just seasonal/normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery is also draining within 24 hours. Could you please provide some guidance on how to resolve the issue. Thanks

Best Answer

I’m still waiting for a response...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1. turn off, on the fitbit app, always connected
2. you could turn off all day sync

I restarted the One by putting it in the charger, hold the button for 12
seconds, take it out of the charger, assuming it has a full charge, delete
the One from the app, reconnect it to the app, sync it and hope it now will
not drain the battery as fast. if it does, repeat this step again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My One is no longer charging at all and died after the update. The battery was lasting 5-7 days before that. I do not have IOS and I do not sync all day. The last day I synced was when I updated the tracker. The last week the battery has been dying within 24 hours. I tried restarting it several times. Today I woke without my alarm, my One was dead and will not charger at all. I know it is older, but was hoping to get a little more time out of it. It seems to get a better read on steps and stairs than the wrist devices.

Best Answer

@Lkat Exactly the same experience on my side. As an engineer, I doubt the firmware upgrade could affect the physical battery capacity itself, however could it be that the software estimations are suddenly “pessimistic” due to the heavier consumption  of the upgrade process itself, or to a stricter software threshold on the measured battery impedance ?!

For sure, my new One device (running g6.6 still) is much healthier. 6 days since I charged and configured it for the first time and battery is still reported as “full”.

Best Answer
I do not have a response for your problem sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I was sent a new one as previous was under warranty. Also running 6.6. Only had it 1 day. So far all ok. Hope this lasts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same problem after contacting customer support in October i was told that my 4 year old Fitbit was on its last leg and should purchase a new one. I did. It was on backorder for 3weeks but finally arrived.  Battery life started at about 5 days and is about 2 now.  I called customer support on 12-7-17 and was told it is a know issue but someone would get back with me. I called again on 12-11-17  and was told they would expedite the matter. I asked to speak to a manager. Both times i call i was told to use a different device not my iPhone or iPad.  The managers solution was to send me two emails with information on how to return my Fitbit. She said she was doing me a favor since i was past my 45 days of purchase.  That she would make a exception and give me a full refund. I am still in a bit of shock on how i was treated and the idea that the manager just said ok we will refund you just go away. If this is indeed a software issue it should have been addressed by now. From reading the post on this issue it has been 3-4 months since Fitbit knew of this problem. To be BS’ed into buying a new fit bit one and then to be dispatched as i was by a “manager” is just not right.

Best Answer

My Fitbit one is not holding battery well. Yesterday it just died in the middle of the day. It lasts a couple of days after charging then dies quickly. 

Best Answer
have you done all the usual things to reduce battery drain?
Best Answer

What are you suggesting to reduce battery drain?

Best Answer
0 Votes
you would have to read some of the posts that refer to reducing battery
drain...
one is to turn off "always on syncing" or words to that effect
turn off notifications
do a One restart before doing a full charge
Best Answer

Thanks!  I think I checked all those a while ago but will go through them again!

@bb14logic wrote:
you would have to read some of the posts that refer to reducing battery
drain...
one is to turn off "always on syncing" or words to that effect
turn off notifications
do a One restart before doing a full charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone - unfortunately, I don't have an update for this currently, but our team is continuing to investigate the issue. I do realize this has been going on for a long time and will continue to update the thread as I hear more. Thank you. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
wow, fitbit does read these forums!😋😎
Best Answer

I posted the message below on November 3rd when we upgraded the IPhone app to version 2.42 (from 2.41).  Since then with all day sync still ON the battery life of the One is about 2 weeks, and we again get emails when the battery needs charging.  Prior to that we were seeing about two days on the battery, and it would die unexpectedly without triggering an email.  I cannot say for certain the 2.42 upgrade solved the issue but it certainly looks that way.  Have the rest of you with the battery issue upgraded your IPhone app to 2.42, if you are using the IPhone?  What was the result?

This is good news for us, but we are still very disappointed about the One being discontinued.  To Fitbit if you are listening - bring back the One!

Best Answer
I have had it for over 1 year with no issues. It shows fully charged but drains quickly. It started last month and keeps getting worse. It goes from low to dead quickly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Why would I need to do things to slow battery drain when I have used it since August 2016 with no issues. Battery usually lasted a week or longer before needing to be recharged. It has never died before until a few days ago. I have always used it daily. 

Best Answer