Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201
you just answered your own question...if you dont want to do that...then
enjoy the battery drain😎
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have extended warranty. I’ll enjoy when They get me a new one or repair this one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few days ago my fitbit One was completely dead.  I put it on the charger one more time to see if it would charge, and it did. Not only that, it stayed charged for a few days this time instead of dying 12 hours later. It makes no sense, but I will take what I can get. It is still having syncing issues.

Best Answer

My One was fine then it suddenly stopped syncing with my iPhone!

just starting working again - fine for a few months and then stopped syncing 4 days ago and battery charge is only lasting 1 day!!!   

Best Answer
It’s quite frustrating having to charge it so frequently

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I don't think this has anything to do with iOS since my One also stopped holding a charge and I don't have the Fitbit app installed on my work iPhone.  I do have it installed on my Android.  My One only holds a charge for about a half day (or so the indicate shows).  Example, I charge before I went to an outing, recorded the outing and came home (about 4 hours) and the charge indicator said it was empty.  Put on the USB charger and within about 15 minutes, it showed completely charge when I normally takes hours.  

Can they just push out the previous version of the Firmware since it's obvious it's the Firmware.

Best Answer

Update:  For a month after my previous message my One was only staying charged for 4 days and I was not getting the email reminder to charge. A couple times it completely died on me without warning.  Last week, even though I had previously turned the All-day Sync off, I noticed it was on again.  I turned the All-day Sync off again. I was notified that an update was available so I did one then rebooted the One. I also set it so that only the Steps are appearing on it.  It is 7 days today since I did all this and recharged it.  Can't believe it!!  Is my problem solved?  🤪 I am anxious to see how long it will last before recharging.  I will keep you posted.  Hope you all have some luck with yours also.

Best Answer
a firmware update for the one? what is the number?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure.  Can you tell me where I can find the #.  I have something that says Version 64 but I don't think that is it?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
that is the firmware version, 64, that created this mess 😉
Best Answer

Ok ... Well mine seems to be okay now.  After 1 week it is still saying battery is 'medium'.

Best Answer
I also have been relatively successful with the battery ever since i
deleted the app from the android phone and went back to the windows 10 app
version 2.28135 (50496) (found by going to dashboard click button at top
right, 2nd icon from the right, scroll down to HELP). it syncs with the One
and shows all the steps, steps and stuff.
Best Answer
0 Votes

From the Dashboard it says version 6.64.

Best Answer
0 Votes
that is when you click on the one icon, top right. move right to the 3rd
icon from the one icon, click it...then select help, near the bottom.

[image: Inline image 1]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it.  I was on my computer.  Just went to my phone app and it says Fitbit 2.44 (736)

Thank you so much.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my 9th day since I charged the battery of my one and it is still showing battery as medium.  The update was Fitbit 2.44 (736) but this morning I see that it says Fitbit 2.44.1 (737).  I don't know if it is the update or a combination of setting the One to just show my steps and turning off the All-Day Sync.  Any one else having good results with their One's battery charge?

Best Answer

I charged my Fitbit One overnight after 11 full days since last charge.  I had received the email telling me it was time to recharge but when I put it to charge it was still showing some battery life yet.  Lets hope this continues.  I can't believe it ... a Christmas present to me I guess.  lol. Merry Christmas every one ... hope your Fitbit One's are working better also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also holding a charge much longer and syncing when I open my phone app.  I don't know what I did (or what FitBit did!), but.... Hallelujah.  

Best Answer

That is great. Woohoo!

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the more positive posts about the One I tried recharging it.....still nothing. 

I gave in and bought an Alta and ordered a magnetic clip. It’s okay but no One. If this gives me trouble, I’ll be done with Fitbit. 

Mad another person posted, we all now know what 10000+ steps are like, we will be fine!

Best Answer