Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Update on Fitbit One charge.  I had to recharge my One this morning after my walk.  The last time was December 24.  It stayed charged for over 15 full days.  I think that is the longest ever. So happy the problem has been solved.  Hopefully everyone has been as lucky and hopefully it continues.

@suefit5 wrote:

I charged my Fitbit One overnight after 11 full days since last charge.  I had received the email telling me it was time to recharge but when I put it to charge it was still showing some battery life yet.  Lets hope this continues.  I can't believe it ... a Christmas present to me I guess.  lol. Merry Christmas every one ... hope your Fitbit One's are working better also.

Best Answer
Mine has been lasting this long as well. thankful
Best Answer

@sandybeatty @suefit5 as you report successful battery use, can you tell if your devices were upgraded to the last firmware (v6.64, released at fall)?

I had a battery failure (not lasting more than a day) after having done that upgrade upgrade. It could be a rare coincidence with the device "end of life". So I bought a new One device (paid more that it used to be) still on stock but it is with v6.60 and I am now reluctant to upgrade it after my bad experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear. 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes
@phv. I only purchased this One in June I believe and after the update in August the charge rapidly went downhill. Before Christmas I was down to 4 day charge only. I did a few things … I turned the All Day Sync off, set my One so that I see only the steps on it, did the latest updates, then rebooted it. That charge lasted 11 days. The next charge lasted 15 days. I don’t know if it was the things I did or the new updates or combination of all that did it. The version I have now is Fitbit 2.44.2(739)

I am thinking that the updates have fixed the problem. A friend had a different problem and hers seems to be working right again also.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am incredibly frustrated about the lack of response from Fitbit about this issue.

I reported ten days ago that my fitbit wasn't holding its charge. Despite reassurances from Fitbit that they were working to resolve the issue and would email me when it was resolved, I have heard nothing.

My Fitbit is now unusable as it drains (from fully charged) in an hour!

I have rung twice, and emailed three times, about this. Each time I am assured that a fix is being worked on but in the meantime (ten days and counting) I have an unusable Fitbit.

Do you have any idea if there has been any progress in relation to this?

Is there anyone else I can speak with, if you don't know?

Many thanks,
Liz (Nakasendo43)

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you read the forum and done any of the suggested solutions written by other ONE owners? What solutions have you tried?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply 🙂
I've spoken with Fitbit directly twice on the phone and followed their
instructions. Turned off all day syncing, turned Fitbit on and off.
I only have ios devises so can't (as suggested by them) use other products.
They have since told me that their 'team' are working on a fix, but that
was ten days ago ... it seems there has been no progress.
They did not mention that this has been a problem for such a long time, as
indicated on this forum, which I only found yesterday.
Thanks again, I'll try to call them again some time next week.

--
Ms Liz Pentland
McKinnon Secondary College

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the update. It’s disappointing that the Fitbit team has not fixed this issue yet. I have also tried all of these things and am still having the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
what IOS app version of fitbit are you using? I assume the latest, 24.40.2,
but just in case....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again for the replies.

This is the latest email I have received from Fitbit (just 30 minutes ago):

"Hello Liz,
Thank you for updating us on your case.
Our engineer team is still working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
In the mean time, we recommend that you sync your device with a different operative system such as Android or perhaps your computer. This could be a good workaround until our team finds a proper solution.
We appreciate your patience. Let us know if you've additional questions."

Their recommendation to sync with a 'different operative system' is a bit insulting given that I've repeatedly explained to them (five times now - via phone calls and emails) that I have access only to a Mac computer and an iPhone. 

My app version says it's 64, but there is no capacity to update beyond this when I go into my account. That is; there is no 'pink update button' appearing. I noted on the Fitbit help page that I 'will only see an option to update my device if an update is available.' So I am assuming there is no option to further update. Certainly in my converstations and emails with Fitbit they have not suggested this as a possible solution.

Thanks again for replying, I may be wrong, but this community appears to be taking more of a genuine interest in the issue than people working for Fitbit. Sigh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liz.  I also have a Mac and iPhone.  Someone on here was kind enough to explain to me how to find out the version.  Go into your iPhone app and go into the 'Dashboard'.  There is a little 'Account icon' at the top right corner.  Touch it and your 'Account' will open up.  Scroll down to 'Help'. When you go in the 'Help' it shows you the version # at the top.  Mine is 2.44.2 (739).   I was having the same problems as you and now the last charge lasted 15 days.

I updated my ONE, turned the All Day Sync off, and even set my ONE so that I only see the steps.  Then I charged it (connected to my Mac).  When it was charged I left it plugged in and held down the button until FITBIT came up on the screen ... that resets it.  I have had two long charges since then so it seems to have fixed it.  I don't know if it was the combination of all I did or the update.  

Hope this helps.  Good Luck.  

Susan

Best Answer

Hi Liz ... another thing.  If you go in the App Store on your iPhone the updates will be there to download.

Good Luck again,

Susan

Best Answer

Thanks so much, Susan - I really appreciate you taking the time to explain all of that.

I've followed the steps - and I am already using 2.44.2 (739) according to my Fitbit.

It's great that that worked for you though.

Thanks again,

Liz 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again Liz.  One other thing I did was to stop using the Fitbit Dashboard. I use only the app on my iPhone.  It seemed to take a long time to sync on the Dashboard and I thought maybe that was helping to drain the One.

One more question, when did you last reboot your One?  I did mine about a month ago.  I had done it before and it didn't help.  I was thinking maybe it was an update from around the middle of December that solved the problem.  Maybe another reboot would do the trick.

A friend was having problems with her ONE also and she has a Windows computer and no phone.  After the updates from December we rebooted hers and it is also working well now.  Another friend was not so lucky as it will not even charge or reboot ... completely blank.  But, hers was quite a few years old.  She gave up and bought another product.

Hopefully it will be solved for you soon.  I know how frustrating it is.

Have a good day,

Susan 

Best Answer

Hi Susan,

My One bit the dust after a late 2017 update. I’m attempting all your suggestions as I write this, but it won’t even charge now. 

I bought a Fitbit Alta, not wanting anything on my wrist but still wanting to keep my fitness goals. I am getting used to it, but miss my One every single day, especially the stair counter. I also bought a third party magnets clip that is good for when I don’t want to use the wristband.

Im so gladness your One continues to work! Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your continued suggestions - they are much appreciated.

I've had a number of email exchanges with Fitbit and after trying all of their attempted 'fixes' I have just received this email from them:

"Thank you for updating us on your Fitbit One case.
We really appreciate all the troubleshooting that you've done so far regarding your tracker. This last step, which was syncing your One with a different device has led us to believe that the tracker's battery is defective rather than a syncing issue.
The most we want, is to have you walking around with a perfect tracker. Therefore, in order to better assist you and investigate all the options that we have for you, please provide us with:

• Your country of residence.
  • When and where was your tracker purchased.
  • If you received your tracker as a gift, please let us know when."

I'm hoping this means that they are going to replace my Fitbit. It is not holding a charge at all anymore, despite following all of their, and your, suggestions. Fingers crossed it is, as they now suspect, a defective battery -- and that they are going to replace it.

Sorry to hear that you are also having problems Cullzer. You may want to call and/or email Fitbit directly (as I've been doing for the last twelve days) to see if they are able to assist?
Thanks again for the all the assistance you have offered, Susan.
Liz 🙂

Best Answer
You are more than welcome. I know how frustrating it is. 😄 That is good news Liz. If it is more than a year old it may not be replaced but they may offer you a discount. They replaced my first Zip because the screen broke and when that Zip (which was just over a year old) was going through batteries like crazy they gave me a discount on my One. They are very good to their customers.

Good luck,
Susan
Best Answer
Oh that is too bad. The same thing happened to one of my friends but her One was a few years old. I, like you, do not want to wear something on my wrist.
When I retired, my watch came off so don’t want to wear one now. 😄

Good luck,
Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not the all day sync that is the issue.  Anytime you sync it goes down to zero on the battery, even after a full charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes