Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One battery draining quickly after 2.41.1 iOS update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: Hi Everyone - it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing One to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of One battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
201 REPLIES 201

Fitbit is never going to fix this, they're just waiting for all of us to age out.  They keep telling the new people the happy story of "working on a solution," while most of us sit here for months unable to keep a charge longer than 3-4 days.

I'll keep limping along with the One until I get too annoyed, and then I'm through.  Fitbit gets no more from me.  Terribly disappointed in them.

Best Answer

My One had been having charging issues since the most recent update and has now gone blank...not holding a charge at all. Smiley Sad Mine is older, though...just celebrated its 4th birthday last month.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Mine is old also.  I have told them they should allow one users to roll back until they can fix issue.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Battery is full charge but not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly the issue I have.

They have just sent me a second replacement One.

The first replacement behaved in exactly the same way as my faulty One.

Fingers crossed that this second replacement works - but I have little hope of this being the case, as they have not indicated any reason why the first two failed.

While it's generous of them to send me not one, but now two, replacements; if the issue is unresolved they are simply sending me non-working products.

In the meantime (mine has been unworkable since early Jan) I have purchased a Misfit Shine 2.
I'm not as enamoured with it as I was with my One - but it is working smoothly, which at the moment is gold!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great! Congrats!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since December 13, after the update and changes  made, my ONE is still staying charged 15 days.  Hopefully continues.

Best Answer

@suefit5 I guess you are speaking about the One device firmware upgrade (not just the IOS app update)? Very interesting to get such  positive report: thanks! If there are some more, I may tempt the upgrade but I resist at this stage

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe maybe it was a combination of everything I did. Lol. But one of my friends did reboot her One and hers has been keeping its charge since then also.

Take care,
Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Its now Feb 2018 and the One is still draining in <48 hours.  Seems a fix would have occurred by now!

Any update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only need to charge my One every 15 days since Christmas. I don’t know if it was the updates or the changes I made and posted about previously. Happy camper here now.

Take care,
Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mines still dying practically everyday! I reported this in September

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m still having the same problem as well! Very frustrating!

Jeannie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine does finally last longer on a charge, yet I cannot turn on syncing, which was one of the reasons I use a Fitbit.  Still profoundly annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find that my One took forever, if it did at all, to sync on my computer. So now I just use the app on my iPhone. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes but it does sync. I even signed out of the Fitbit site on my computer because I thought it was maybe eating up my charge trying to sync.

Now I find that after a few days the battery charge icon on my app will turn yellow and shows it half charged. I don’t charge it until it turns red indicating it is time to charge (and that has been 15 days for the last 2 months). Even then, when I plug it in, the One itself is still showing a bit of charge.

One of my friends had a One that was a few years old and it died completely. Mine was only 3 or 4 months old when it started acting up. Maybe that is a factor in some of them not keeping their charge - they are too old. How old is your ONE?

Take care,
Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes

24 hours ago I fully charged mine, then did a reset.  I just looked at it and its in the red already!  I am using version 64 according to the app.  I don't see a way to update the version.  Is this the latest?  All day sync should not do this.  I just turned off items like the water, etc that I don't use.  Will see if that helps.

Best Answer
Hi SharonRD. The app on my computer says version 6.64. On my iPhone it says 2.46 (744). I also set it so only Steps show on the ONE. I think maybe that helped. It still shows on the app how much calories I burned etc but not on the ONE itself.

Take care,
Susan
Best Answer
0 Votes
6.64 is the standard version number they give you.. the desktop version,
according to mine is 2.291444 (52868)

either click on the One icon and then click on that one icon and then go to
help. OR click on the far right icon with lines and a circle, then go to
help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like i have the most recent update. I deleted all but steps and exercise from the app and nothing has helped. Now must charge every day...
I assume Fitbit does not monitor this discussion since I have not seen any explanation from them; only what other have reported.
I recommend the One to my pts; will stop doing that now!

Sharon
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Yep I'm also done with Fitbit.  They don't seem to want to take care of their customers.  I won't buy any of the ones that they pushing now... I'm done!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes