Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The issue with the Samsung app not syncing has been resolved, so I will be closing this thread for further posts. Please start a new thread if you are experiencing syncing issues. Also please review this help page if you haven't already. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
349 REPLIES 349

My One will not communicate with my phone.  I have restarted both the phone and One. I have uninstalled and installed latest version of fitbit app.  Restarted bluetooth, searched, will once in a while see it, but won't communicate with it when trying to pair. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

worked...TEMPORARILY...this morning it still wouldn't sync....I record my sleep and couldn't get it to.  That apparently wasn't the answer.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem lately. My Fitbit One will sync with my phone for only a few hours before it disconnects itself. The only way to get it to sync again is to restart the tracker. That's an inconvenient process involving plugging it into my computer. Since I don't have my charging cable with me all the time, I can only do this at the end of the day when I'm at home.

Why is the tracker disconnecting like this every few hours? A response from Fitbit support about this is pending, but I wanted to get your input, too.

Best Answer

I do not know. I have communicated with customer support as well.  Told them again, I have tried everything, even what they suggested in their reply yesterday.  

Best Answer

I have the same problem, synced yesterday morning and now won't sync to either my phone or iPad. Any advice would be helpful

Best Answer

I have an Android/Samsung Galaxy Prime Express so it's not because of one phone or the other obviously which is what they like to blame it on.  You have an ipad do you have an iphone as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a OnePlus 2 running Android 6.0.1. I never had a problem syncing my tracker to my phone until a couple weeks ago.

Best Answer
Yes, most annoying! Did a reset on the Fitbit and thankfully things are working ok now. Thank you for responding

Sent from my Paula's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone ever get the problem solved?   I am an apple user for my phone but not my computing and still can not reestablish a connection between my One and other devices...  very frustrating, I even plugged the old school dongle to see if that might help, no dice.  Any Ideas, I am tired of having to purchase a new device every few months...!

Best Answer

No solution.  The only answer I got from customer support was that my current phone (after the update by AT&T/Samsung) is not on their list of compatible phones.  Ironic that it's iphones as well because that kind of knocks out that explanation in my eyes...they want me to buy a new fitbit but it was a gift and still works except for the bluetooth, and it's out of warranty (conveniently for them).  I won't buy a new phone or a new One just for their benefit.  They can fix it the right way. 

Best Answer
Hi, yes I was advised to do a reset on my Fitbit one device and all is working fine now.

Sent from my Paula's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done several resets on my device and it's still not syncing to my phone.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, as well... Just started yesterday. Galaxy S5... Very frustrating

Best Answer

I had to restart my tracker several times to get it to start syncing again. That, and my tracker's battery kept completely discharging within a day, causing the no-sync issue. It's been syncing fine for the past week now, but I'm keeping a close watch on it... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  My battery on my one is lasting just fine, since I have to do a hard restart with the dongle on a daily basis it stays well charged anyway. Thanks for your input though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having same issues except my One hasn't synced in 3 days and I've done numerous restarts on the phone ,tracker and even my WiFi. 

Best Answer
Do you have an Android? Ever since the latest update, fit bit won't sync....
Best Answer

My husband Fitbit One is not syncing either. The bluetooth won't connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes