Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

My tracker is less than two months old.   Won't sync to my Samsung S5 or my computer using the dongle.  Been 8 days.  Tried restarting,  deleted and restarted Fitbit app. No luck. 

Best Answer

I hope so too! I am so frustrated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last update to my iPhone, my One syncs when I restart it, but not again. Usually that's a sign that the One is dying, but your messages give me hope that it's a software problem that engineers are fixing. Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because yours is so new they will probably replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spent 35 minutes on the phone with tech support, they are sending me new
Fitbit (mine was only 2 months old). Still lost a week of data for my
office challenge!
Best Answer

I am having the same issue as fit bit just days it is out of warranty and will not help me.  Mine is a bit older what version of the software should it be running?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  My husband and I spent like an hour with support because it wouldn't sync.  We unpaired during the process to see if that would help and then it wouldn't re-pair,  Just keeps saying "connecting." I knew a lot of people were having sync issues, so I never expected it was the One.  But, of course, Fitbit said it was the One and to send it back to them and we'd get 25% off a new Fitbit.  We said we'd think about it. In the mean time, I started looking on eBay for a new one since the One is backordered on Fitbit and we started having issues turning it on without it being plugged in.  I ended up buying an Alta so I could give my husband my One.  Got the Alta today and unpaired the One from my phone and, surprise, surprise, it won't pair with either of our phones.  I briefly got it to pair with mine after I paired the Alta with mine, but fast forward and we have been trying off and on for several hours and are 50/50 with my husband's phone finding the tracker, but when it does it never gets beyong "Connecting." *sigh*

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed Support again and they just came back with a free fitbit offer.  I accepted but I still have my doubts about it working.  This is after they told me because my gift one was 2 years old and out of warranty, that the best the could offer me was 25% off a new one.  Oh well.  Tells me they know there is something wrong but haven't been able to fix it yet.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I just received my replacement one and it also will not connect with my Samsung 4 notebook phone. Ithe started right after I had a phone update and neither verizon nor fitbit could get it to connect.  I'll call them back again after work.  I was thinking it was my phone until I looked here.  Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you force shutdown and manually sync? Sounds like a solution until a fix is found.

Best Answer

Plug your dongle into your laptop, pc,tablet where you installed the app. Connect your One to the dongle and hold the button on your One for about 10 to 12 seconds. Let go. Wait a couple of seconds and then hold the button again for about 2 or 3 seconds. When it says Fitbit and your version, ie 6.0 then it has completed the hard start. It should then sync to whatever it is connected to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I noticed this after the Samsung Upgrade, and so I did everything I had
done in the past... unpaired, uninstalled, turned One off, turned off
phone. Then, I could not get the One to pair with my phone. I also have a
Zip, but I could not get that to work either. Went about a week, but then
the One finally paired with a dongle so at least I can sync with that when
I am near my computer.

Very frustrating. I LOVED my fitbit, but with these recent frustrations, it
makes me second guess upgrading soon.
Best Answer

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
It syncs to my computer, but times out when I attempt to sync with my
phone. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Friday 8/11, immediately after the Samsung update
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Friday 8/11, immediately after the Samsung update
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have? Verizon

Got it to update once Sunday nite after reset, but hasn't updated since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
    1. The day of the Samsung update, which I cannot even remember which day - Sunday or Monday
    1. Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?   My last successful sync was 8/7/17, but I also believe my one battery went dead about that time - however I did not receive a notification of low battery, so I suspect that it was about that time that I lost sync.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  Android version 6.0.1 patch level July1, 2017 - last system update was 8/8/17 at 7:07am....hmmmmm sounds suspicious.  Software version G900VVRU2DQF2
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK - so after reading through all the replies - and adding my reply info above... it appears that Verizon update to Samsung S5 has broken our Fitbit sync ability.  Is this something that we need to go hound on Verizon to fix or is it something that Fitbit will fix?  Either way, my device is less than a year old and I'm fairly pissed that it now doesn't sync with my phone.  That was my whole reason for getting it in the first place to be able to automatically track and monitor over time - otherwise a plain old pedometer would have done the job.

Best Answer

Received the Fitbit One on 14 Aug 17 as a gift.  Samsung Galaxy S5 is on Android 6.0.1. The One will not sync on the phone since 14 Aug 17.  Tried to sync on the home computer and is being told the "Fitbit Base Station is Disconnected".  The dongle is in the computer and it worked 2 days ago.  I am on Verizon.

Best Answer