Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

Same thing. You would think that they might fix it by now.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

Same here. My One hasn't synced to my Android since 8/4, just tried my Mac via dongle, also no luck. I've made sure the app was up to date, restarted One multiple times. Nothing. 

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem for the last two days. Please post if you get an answer. After I restart my tracker it will sync after several tried but then not again. I am using a Galaxy phone. 

Best Answer

I wish they would accept the fact that it is something with their bluetooth in the One's and replace them all or fix them.

Best Answer

@Darren67 Your Fitbit One device doesn't care about WiFi connectivity. It has only a Bluetooth antenna. The prevailing problem here is that there is a sync issue via Bluetooth between the Fitbit device and your mobile device. My sync issues seem to be mostly battery-related, but others here have had issues after they updated their Android software. I wonder if there was a Bluetooth driver change in the latest Android update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, no syncing for about a week now.  Multiple restarts, uninstalled the one and attempted to reinstall it and getting no place.  I even tried to reinstall my old "One"  I got a new "One" for Christmas because after 2 yrs on my old "One" the battery was only lasting a couple days.  I even tried installing app on kindle fire, my desk top and still no luck.  

Just got a Garmin in June and have been using both.  I like Fitbit because I have a close group of friends, some who I met via Fitbit challenges.  Very disappointed.  😞    Wish they would do something

Best Answer
I have been a Fitbit user for many years and have had to replace 6
different unites. I purchased a pebble watch that I loved until...You got
it Fitbit bought the company and does not support the products created
prior to that acquisition... Now I have a One that is not functioning and
"Fitbit platform" it is a requirement for a deduction for my health
insurance. A very nice watch that is not supported by the company and
now...My Aria (the rather pricey scale) had decided to stop syncing. I am
about finished with the lack of concern for the "lower" priced trackers
Fitbit shows. For all of the money I have spent on the brand I could have
gone with another maker and put the money into my health insurance...

greatly disappointed!.
Best Answer

sounds reasonable, only problem is I have an IPhone so it must be bigger than the Android update.:/

Best Answer

IPhone...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem! I noticed it after an update to the app. Tried restarting the tracker, and uninstalled the app and then re-installed. I realized when I opened the app that it did not give the option to sign in using facebook, which is how I signed up. So now I can't even get in to the app! Tried using the email address associated with my Facebook and ended up creating a whole new account. Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sarahfa, did it work when you created a new account? I have otherwise had
the same experience and nothing has worked to sync on my phone for the laSt
4 days. I have a Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1. I wonder if it could be a
problem with a Fitbit app update.
Best Answer
0 Votes
As of Saturday, there was a known bug with the latest android update. I'm
not sure if it has been fixed yet, but the issue isn't just with Ones, but
most fitbit devices. Hopefully it's fixed soon!!
Best Answer

Thank you for the information.  That is the most informative post I have gotten yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was having the same issue on 8/11.  After exhaustive chat session was given the option of a new One.  Received it today.  All set up.  Setup my alarms for the week and the **ahem** thing won't sync for the alarms to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Going on 8 days with no sync to phone and I've uninstalled and reinstalled
numerous times. Restarted my phone, computer etc no luck.
Best Answer

Yeah, lots of people are having trouble. You'd think with this many people having trouble they'd fix it!

Best Answer
Same thing, Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I called customer support over the weekend.  We tried everything to get mine to sync with my phone and computer. They did say that after the latest software updates on the phones, the fitbits have not been syncing and their engineers were working on getting it fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit was very quick to say that I need to buy a new tracker.

I cannot imagine that all of our trackers all of a sudden stopped syncing.

I have been force shutting down my tracker everyday in the charger and then syncing to my computer and that has been working. Just very inconvenient.

Best Answer

That was like the 3rd thing they suggested to me, buy a new one...mine was a Christmas gift 2 years ago so it's out of warranty and I told 'em no I am not purchasing another one...Fix it.  If they want to blame Android's latest update that doesn't hold much water either because even iPhones are having issues.  If it's an update to the One's (trackers) then they need to fix it. Work with the phone companies to get it to work.

I sure hope their tech support/customer service is reading all of these!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer