Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

I already reported it through your Customer Service link on the App. You all have the data......

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have since loaded the Fitbit app on my hubby's Samsung S6 Edge and on our same Verizon account and I can sync my account on his phone just fine.  His phone is Android version 7.0, software G928VVRU3CQG1, also applied on Aug 7  (coincidentally the same date that mine was updated).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried again tonight and was finally able to get my One to sync with my laptop by using a force quit and restarting it. I did have to use my dongle on my laptop. Still no luck syncing with my Note 4 though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 8th 
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running? Android 6.0.1 Marshmellow
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000255 EndHTML:000023956 StartFragment:000022967 EndFragment:000023754 StartSelection:000022971 EndSelection:000023749 SourceURL:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-not-syncing-after-Samsung-Update/td-p/2145944/page/3One not syncing after Samsung Update - Page 3 - Fitbit Community

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  I noticed after 8-8-17 system update to G900VVRU2DQF2.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 through Verizon.
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  I have Android 6.01.  I think it's called marshmellow.
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  I have Verizon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  •                  After updating fitbit app on phone
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  •                   Samsung S5
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  •                   Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)
  •                     Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? After phone updated on August 17.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung S7 Edge
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 7 Nougat
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Cspire
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Last sync was Aug 4 at 5:58pm
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Thank you Erick. Appreciate you looking into this for us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Aug 9th (same date as android update)
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android version 6.0.1 update G900VVRU2DQF2
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? After the last Android update
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1

And I'm almost ready to get another brand of tracker. I had an online chat with a Fitbit support rep when this first happened and she apparently knew nothing about this being  a common problem and tried to sell me a new tracker. Bad business!

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Friday 8/18 
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have? Samsung Galaxy S7
  3. What Android OS are you currently running? Do not  know
  4. What phone provider do you have?t mobil
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. Same here.  I restarted our remaining One and got it to pair to my husband's account with the computer and my phone and it automatically paired and synced to my husband's phone, but he could get it to sync again yesterday and he is about done with the hassle.  We shouldn't have to reboot the One every time he wants to sync and he likes to sync a lot during the day because of his challenges.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. Same here.  I restarted our remaining One and got it to pair to my husband's account with the computer and my phone and it automatically paired and synced to my husband's phone, but he could get it to sync again yesterday and he is about done with the hassle.  We shouldn't have to reboot the One every time he wants to sync and he likes to sync a lot during the day because of his challenges.
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? earlier this week, but I have not worn my Fitbit for about two weeks prior. Bluetooth does not even see it. I know Bluetooth is working as it works with other items I have. 
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? version 6.0.1

On a side note, I am also having difficulties syncing with my computer. I have to restart my One whenever I want to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Started Aug 8 (Fitbit One battery fully discharged)

2.  Used on Samsung Galaxy S5 and Laptop with Windows 7

3.  Serviced by Verizon

4.  Operating system Android (using Google Chrome)

Battery is now fully charged; app uninstalled and reinstalled; program uninstalled on laptop and successfully reinstalled.  "No device found" on laptop; "Battery not charged" on phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the only way that it will sync, and I have to do it every time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is the only way that it will sync, and I have to do it every time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't sync from my phone 

Galaxy S5

Verizon

I can only sync from computer. 

8th is when it started. 

The battery is going quicker.  I also had the time 2 1/2 earlier then my east coast time.

please fix

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? --     August 8th
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have?   Samsung Galaxy S5,
  3. What Android OS are you currently running?   6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have?  Verizon,

I've done the usual, uninstall, reinstall of the Android Ap.

the only way i can get my data to cync' with Fitbit is to "Install New Device" 

The Bluetooth on my phone wont find it, the Ap keeps "Looking"

I have a Win10 laptop and can not get the Ap to install, nor will it use the built in Bluetooth. (spent and hour on that last night to no avail)

I was starting to think there was something within my ONE that was clicked to "shut off " the bluetooth function, but I found this thread to see it's a pretty widespread issue.

My husband had an issue with his, but he was able to "find" his Zip by using the Bluetooth pairing on his phone (same phone as mine)

This is beyond frustrating, as restarting the unit generally takes 3-4 times for it to "find" it, which turns into about 20 min each time I have to cync the data.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

** Edited to add....

I can not even cync the data on my computer.  Zip, nada, nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Last Week same day. Friday
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?Samsung Note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?Marshmallow
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes