Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

Hi,

I can't pair my one with my phone. I saw this post and figure it's the same issue.

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? It's a new phone, so from day one (today)
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? it's not a Samsung. It's a Huawei GR5.
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Emui 5.0 version Bll-L22C636B370
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? It's an Optus phone (australia)
Best Answer
0 Votes
At this point I think we all have to restart our One to get it to sync with computer, and it's still not syncing with our phones.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think at this point the only way to get our One's to sync is to restart them and then it only syncs with our computers. Still not syncing with our phones at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And for me, it may takes 3 to 4 tries at a restart to actually get it to work. PITA, i say. When i hold the button, the stop watch starts

I may try logging in on my husbands computer, win7 and see if that works, because obviously with win10 it is very difficult.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

**Edited as this was a double post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stopped working after update.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Android 6.0.1

Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?         8/8/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have                 Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?                    6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have             Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? YES
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  SAMSUNG GALAXY s5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  WINDOS 10
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? VERIZON

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is interesting you would like on this info. Here the thing. My brother-in-law , niece, mother and I have different information to your questions. Only difference is mine was the last to update to the new systems. They have different phone and different carriers. 

When calling for support to get it to work it came down to the product was to old.  It is feeling like a new way to force us to upgrade. At the same time some of the news one are having problem with Bluetooth syncing.

What sucks for me is my helps me keep my medical payment down. While I can't download I am missing out getting my points because it will not sync up. 

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. It's something in this 6.60 firmware. They probably did it on purpose by programming any One that is at least 1 year old not to work any more so we can buy new ones using their gracious 20% discount that still makes a new product over $100. I wish I had known that in just over a year this thing would crap out.

Best Answer

This does not explain why it won't sync with the dongle either.

Best Answer

When I hold mine down it turns off immediately and then turns back on to a screen where it begins running a timer. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. I'm on Verizon for my cell phone but my Internet it AT&T. I'm using Windows 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 8/17/2017 around 10:30 pm
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung galaxy S3
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 4.4.2 Kit Kat
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Sprint 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's like Fitbit makes them obsolete after a period of time!

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 8th after firmware update
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android version 6.0.1, Software updated to G900VVRU2DQF2
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

I am also having trouble syncing to my computer. I have to restart my fitbit before syncing to my computer, but it doesn't always work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After my Samsung  phone updated, ive not been able to sync my steps. I'very tried everything  and it's getting very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1. *When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? about the
second week of August.*
2. *What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5,
S6, Note 6, etc)? **Samsung Galaxy S5*
3. *What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your
phone's internet browserto find out)? Windows 10*
4. *What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?
Verizon*
Best Answer
0 Votes
1. *When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? about the
second week of August.*
2. *What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5,
S6, Note 6, etc)? **Samsung Galaxy S5*
3. *What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your
phone's internet browserto find out)? Windows 10*
4. *What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?
Verizon*
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have exactly the same issue.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes