Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349
I have exactly the same issue.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

1) Monday 9:00 pm eastern time

2) Google Pixel XL

3) Android 7.1.2

4) verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, regarding the timer.

what i do now is, plug my ONE into the charger that is connected to Laptop via USB.  Hold button for 12-13 seconds, release, repress button for about 3 seconds.... but the screen will show the firmware number IE 6.60 or something like that.... then you can do the Device install, or whatever it's called (wintin Fitbit Connect) , and it will then cync your data on your computer.  (sucks to have to do this every time/day)

Have not been able to get it on the mobile phone.

Best Answer

Yes, I have been having syncing issues with my Fitbit One for the last couple of weeks. I can't remember when my phone updated the software but it was within the last couple of weeks also. I basically noted I had a problem when I saw I had only done 37,000 steps in the week. I also use a Charge HR and it is syncing fine. I have tried restarting phone, restarting tracker, turning bluetooth on and off, reinstalling app to no avail. I also have the app on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.1 and it won't sync with that either. The only thing that works is restarting the tracker and syncing with the app on my Windows 10 laptop. That, along with crossing my fingers! It only syncs when I restart the tracker first. It's a pain. Please fix this problem!

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Within the last couple of weeks
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 9 August 2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

tsmyth - I appreciate your advice.  Like so many others on this thread, my tracker also stopped syncing on 8/9 - right after an Android system update.
I was on vacation and each day could see my steps up in the 20K range and stairs in the 50-100 flights, but it just wouldn't sync - to my phone nor to my tablet, so it doesn't make sense that it has anything to do with the Android update.  Got home and it wouldn't sync to my computer either.
Fitbit customer service took me through all the same steps they have listed on their FAQ page, but still no luck, and I got the "you can buy a new one at a discount" offer.
I'm glad I read your post.  After about a half dozen tries, I was finally able to get it to sync to my desktop following your directions.  But still no response on my phone.  I can't imagine spending this amount of time every day to get it to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has any one come up with a solution or work around yet?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Fitbit one. Samsung galaxy S5 with Verizon Marshmallow.
I found if you first turn off the Bluetooth on your Android phone and log out and close the Fitbit app on your phone. Then restart your phone and don't open the Fitbit app.
THEN try syncing your Fitbit with another device iPad or computer it will sync. I did it on my iPad. I loaded the iPhone Fitbit app, turned on Bluetooth then logged in and it worked. Then with the Bluetooth still turned off on my Android phone I opened the Fitbit app and logged on. My phone shows the new sync'd data from the iPad but isn't trying to sync. As long as I don't turn on Bluetooth it's fine. I'm not doing challenges so I'm good. I just sync with my iPad when it's convenient and it shows on my phone.
I know it isn't fixed but this is not nearly as stressful as trying to make my phone sync all the time!
Someone else mentioned turning off the bluetooth on your phone on the forum so I tried it and that was the key for getting other devices to sync. I'm not sure that part was in the fitbit online help. If you do it on the computer you may need to restart your Fitbit first.
I hope this helps someone else.

Karen Mahoney
krnlyn@gmail.com
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

BlueCrayon wrote --  I found if you first turn off the Bluetooth on your Android phone and log out and close the Fitbit app on your phone. Then restart your phone and don't open the Fitbit app.
THEN try syncing your Fitbit with another device iPad or computer it will sync. I did it on my iPad. I loaded the iPhone Fitbit app, turned on Bluetooth then logged in and it worked. Then with the Bluetooth still turned off on my Android phone I opened the Fitbit app and logged on. My phone shows the new sync'd data from the iPad but isn't trying to sync. As long as I don't turn on Bluetooth it's fine. 

By Golly --  That worked!!  fantastic.  Thanks so much.

Shut off Bluetooth on phone, i closed all my aps (fitbit was not open) restarted phone, on laptop, opened Fitbit Connect and hit Cync'. 

Terese

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluecrayon's instructions worked for me, too!  On my Android phone, I turned off Bluetooth, logged out of the Fitbit app, and turned off my phone.  On my Windows desktop, opened the Fitbit app and the sync happened automatically.  Not optimum, but better than the other options so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uggg, just realized i've been misspelling SYNC.  (hangs head in shame) I am just so ecstatic that that there is a work-around.  but lets hope Fitbit gets this glitch fixed.

Terese

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before I go to bed at night I enter the distance walked from my fitbit into the app on my phone as a walked exercise. It will then give me a total of average steps walked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1 8/10 or  8/11

2 Samsung Galaxy S5

3 android 6.0.1

4 Verizon

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8/11 yes to all other questions when I can get my phone to recognize the
Flex the Bluetooth does not recognize it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new unit, it doesn't work either.... I also have my old one, and when it stopped working I got out my new one and it won't sync either....

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  Two or three days ago.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung SM G900V
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1

I am also having problems syncing to my tablet.  I have to reset the One to get it to sync.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Sync issue started with the most recent Samsung update about a week ago.

2. Galaxy S5

3. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

4. Verizon

I would appreciate being able to sync again.  It's really inconvenient when it doesn't work. It hasn't synced at all since the update even though I've done all the recommended troubleshooting steps repeatedly.  Thanks.

Best Answer

My fit bit is not syncing. The last time it synced with my phone was about 8:15 am on 8/17. I believe my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Prime, but I'm bad with names. I am running lollipop, and my phone provider is T-Mobile. I tried to update the fit bit app on my phone this morning to try to help resolve the syncing issue but it did not help. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have to do that. The problem is that my fitbit is tied to my work go365 app. When it does not sync to the unit it also does not sync to the go365 app and there is no way to enter my information. It's so frustrating. I promise, I have not had problems until this last fitbit update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  August 8
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy Note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android version: 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon....Currently trying to pair a replacement One, but it doesn't complete the pair process

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.

Last sync:

Samsung S5

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes