Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

Syncing issues started last week.  I have had issue on my samsung note 4 with marshmallow 6.0.1 on verizon network.  Trouble on my ipad also.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 8/17/17 @ 4:37a was the last sync 
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung S8+
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 7.0
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? US Cellular

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Aug 6 was my last sync that worked
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy 5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Marshmallow 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

I also can't update using the dongle on my computer  I haven't been able to update on any device (phone or computer) since August 6. Both devices find other bluetooth signals, but not my One.  I have restarted the One 3 times, and no luck. I have deleted and reinstalled the fitbit app on my phone, and still doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My experience since this past W has been hit and miss. Sunday I uninstalled and reinstalled on my phone, laptop and iPad. Synced. Today no dice. Just uninstalled and reinstalled on my iPad. Synced. Nothing on the Samsung note 4 mired of fiddling tonight. My donggle is not being recognized either. I'm externally frustrated!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

last sync 20 minutes before Verizon Samsung update.  Tried, turning all off, uninstalling, blue tooth on off.... nothing working.  Answers to your questions below

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  SATURDAY 8/19
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?   6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot sync my Fitbit One since my phone updated.

When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Sunday, August 20 after having updated that morning.
What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy S5
What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't sync with my android phone and I can't sync to my computer via the app either.  The dongle is plugged in, but it fails to sync:  sorry we cannot sync your fitbit tracker.  Retry.  Lots of steps - all stuck in the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? aug 12
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? samsung galaxy note 4
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? marshmallow
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
I synced mine with a different computer. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
To everyone that has been chiming in lately and still cannot Sync.

Look for the work-around posted on post#109, it has been working for me for days now.

You can sync to your computer via Fitbit Connect, but the Bluetooth on you phone needs to be off.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Put the wrong answer to question 3....

My Android system is 6.0.1 (Chrome on Android ia 59.0....)

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last time my Fitbit One sync'd with my Samsung Galaxy s5 was August 8, 2017 at 12.02 pm. An update was installed on the phone at 12:40 that day and I haven't been able to sync my One since (I 'borrowed' another phone to sync on 8/14).  The Galaxy is running 6.0.1, software updated to G900VVRU2DQF2 on 8/8/17 12:40 pm.  My provider is Verizon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only thing that worked for me was to plug the fitbit into the charger and conect it to the laptop. Then I did the reset of holding the button down on the fitbit for 12 seconfds. Once it rebooted I was able to sync it. It has synced everyday since. That was Saturday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Help? Not syncING after update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Carrier...Verizon
My phone is a Samsung 5S

Thomas R Summers
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? (8-17-17)
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, sm-G900v)
  3. What Android OS are you currently running - (6.0.1 marshmallow )
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon)

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Not sure - it hasn't synced since 8/15/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  8/8/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? GalaxyS5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1

Any fixes for the nonsyncing problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you sync to your computer via Fitbit Connect?  My Bluetooth on my phone is off.  I have inserted the Fitbit dongle into my laptop and I attempt to sync.  I get a message "Sorry we could not sync your Fitbit tracker.  Please retry.

Best Answer

I am having same issue. Fitbit one stopped syncing with my Samsung S5 about sometime in last 10 days and battery drains fast. 

Best Answer