Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? What make and model mobile device do you have? Samsung Galaxy S5

What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Marshmallow 6.0.1

What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
How to fix? All questions are correct?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes!
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  right after the last Samsung update
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?     Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?   Android 6.0.1. (Marshmallow)
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  Verizon

**In Addition - My Fitbit won't sync to my personal computer unless I turn the phone completely off.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! My problem!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Galaxy s5
Verizone
Early August
Best Answer
0 Votes
  • When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  • ANSWER: Right after a Samsung security update downloaded last week.  Tried repeatedly to syn without success.  Also de-installed and tried to reinstall my Fitbit One without success.  Did all the other suggested fixes, without success, including resetting my Fitbit One several times, turning off Wi-Fi, turning Bluetooth on and off. Fitbit One won't syn or reconnect.
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  • ANSWER: Samsung Note 4 (Samsung-SM-N910V)
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  •          ANSWER: Android version 6.0.1.
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?
  • ANSWER: Verizon

FROM: John Brewer.  MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, Fitbit support!

Moderator edit: format and personal information displayed

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  8/23/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? GalaxyS5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon 
  5. Same for my wife's fitbit one, same phone,provider, etc.

Best Answer

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  August 3
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy Samsung 5
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android version: 6.0.1
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

It will not sync with Stridekick either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One finally synced today to both my Win laptop and my Samsung Galaxy S5. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One has failed to sync with my Verizon Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 since the last update.  The phone app looks for the fitbit but does not find it, and Bluetooth doesn't see it, either.  Any suggestions are very much appreciated. 

Best Answer

Donna, 

What did you do to get it to sync? 

Thx! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not much recently. The other day I made sure updates for Fitbit on my S5 were up to date, made sure the phone sw was up to date, I restarted the FitBit like 5 times, none of it worked. I tried syncing both to the phone and to my Win laptop and to my MAC, none of it worked. Today all I did was try to sync, first on the laptop - worked, and then on the phone - also worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I synced to my work computer. So frustrating I'm ready to throw my Fitbit
away.
Best Answer
Still not working!I want to scream!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit stopped syncing at 8 pm -- I live in Ontario Canada 

I have windows 10 and am on a computer ... all was fine till then 

Now my sync icon is gone...

help 

so not a samsung mobile device but a computer ... no syncing  and icon missing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 8/9/17
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? S5
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? MMB29M.G900VVRU2DQF2
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now 5 weeks since my One synced - 18 July.  Not impressed at all!

I don't have the app my phone and have deleted and updated the one on my laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?   8/8/2017
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? - Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? - 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? - Verizon
Best Answer