Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

For the newer posters..... back on page 6, mssg# 107  a work-around was found and posted....

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-not-syncing-after-Samsung-Update/m-p/2150452#M67207

I have a Fitbit one. Samsung galaxy S5 with Verizon Marshmallow.

I found if you first turn off the Bluetooth on your Android phone and log out and close the Fitbit app on your phone. Then restart your phone and don't open the Fitbit app.

THEN try syncing your Fitbit with another device iPad or computer it will sync. I did it on my iPad. I loaded the iPhone Fitbit app, turned on Bluetooth then logged in and it worked. Then with the Bluetooth still turned off on my Android phone I opened the Fitbit app and logged on.

My phone shows the new sync'd data from the iPad but isn't trying to sync. As long as I don't turn on Bluetooth it's fine.

I know it isn't fixed but this is not nearly as stressful as trying to make my phone sync all the time!
Someone else mentioned turning off the bluetooth on your phone on the forum so I tried it and that was the key for getting other devices to sync. I'm not sure that part was in the fitbit online help. If you do it on the computer you may need to restart your Fitbit first.
I hope this helps someone else.

---   End post.

I worked for me, I sync to my computer each time, then pull it up on my phone -- without using Bluetooth.  It has been working fine this way since i read her post.

give it  try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto, Samsung Galaxy, have had my One since May 2016 and the problem of not syncing also started 8/4.  FITBIT, PLEASE FIX THIS AS YOU HAVE MANY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!!

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?    8/6/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have?    Samsung Galaxy S5  SM-G900V
  3. What Android OS are you currently running?  6.0.1 
  4. What phone provider do you have?     Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung Note 4 has not synced since August 17. I have restarted Fitbit One, uninstalled and reinstalled app. My phone updated on that date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tab S2 and S5 both received Fit bit app update this morning and both are now syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? last week around 8.15.17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? android Marshmallow 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon 
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a copy of post on the Verizon website about the Fitbit One Sync issue

This is not from me, THIS IS A COPY OF ANOTHER PERSON'S POST ON VERIZON'S

COMMUNITY FORUM:

"Hi. I'm the developer for the Flic app that connects to Flic buttons which use Bluetooth Low Energy.

It's clear that this update breaks connectivity to ALL Bluetooth Low Energy devices. Connectivity to Bluetooth Classic devices seems to work fine. The problem lies within the Bluetooth part of the OS and not within the 3rd party apps (and it's also not a problem with some particular fitness tracker or peripheral). This means it is impossible for any user to get it working by "reinstall app/restart Bluetooth/reboot/clear cache/unpair/re-pair" and so on. The only way to get it working is if Verizon/Samsung fixes the bug in the OS and rolls out a new update.

If anyone wants to see where exactly it crashes, see this: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/64731145"   

Best Answer

Earlier i had reported that my Tab S2 and S5 were working again.

They are broke again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit hasn't updated since 8/17.

I have Marshmallow 6.0.1

My carrier is Verizon. 

Cher 722

Best Answer
0 Votes
What are we supposed to do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? 8/4/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit! Needs to respond!
Best Answer
8/8 last sync,Verizone, s5 galaxy
Best Answer

I have to plug my tracker in 1 or 2 times everyday to get it to sync with any of my devices. just today I was gone, and before I got home my phone had synced. but when I got home and turned on my laptop, it had synced, but not any new steps from when in got home, had to plug back in to dongle to resync.

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? Not sure, just noticed, last week. it was syncing up until last week.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have? Samsung Galaxy S5  SM-G900V, laptop-windows 10 with dongle, Samsung tablet A, SM-T350, 
  3. What Android OS are you currently running?  Kernel, Tablet, kernel
  4. What phone provider do you have? Verizon for phone, charter for home wifi.
Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August 9 was last sync
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Galaxy 5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? ???
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Thanks again for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I am using the Samsung Galaxy S5

Android Version 6.0.1

Verizon is my phone provider

I believe this started around August 8th.  I even chatted with someone on here about it and they told me I had to buy a new fitbit.  My fit bit works great just unable to sync.  When it first started it would sync now and then, now I cant get it to sync for the last 7 days. 

Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

Total BS! Fitbit needs to solve the problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?    8/6/17
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have?    Samsung Galaxy S5  SM-G900V
  3. What Android OS are you currently running?  6.0.1 
  4. What phone provider do you have?     Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes
yes I have this for my phone, this all started in the last week, I have been having to restart it hooked up to computer, the fitbit app updated this morning, and now it is not syncing at all on any of my devices. last synced last night.
Best Answer
0 Votes