Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

I also am having issues getting my fitbit one to sync to my Samsung galaxy s7 from Verizon.  Any other Verizon people having issues?

Best Answer
Yes, I'm with verizon also, Galaxy S5. It's so annoying.
Best Answer
Last sync for me was 8/8 , Verizone, galaxy s5
Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  AUG 11
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's  internet browser to find out)? 6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
8/8 last sync, Verizone, galaxy s5
Best Answer

Great news on our fitbit that quit syncing to galaxy 5.  I went on the computer to the little fitbit icon in the bar at the bottom of the computer and clicked, signed on and clicked add a new device.  I Put in the code number it said and it began its upload.  Then it said connection failed.  I logged back in using the icon in the bar and clicked new device.  (I will add that I had the fitbit in the charging dongle and the small bluetooth plug plugged in right below it. ) I was required to add the number and when through the process again and voila... it connected and even took all the info from Aug. 8th when it stopped working till today Aug. 27th!  I was ecstatic!!!  I hope all users have this good of a result!

Best Answer

anything new on this it still is not working.

Best Answer
Paulette, since the issue is with Samsung.... turn off the bluetooth on your phone, close the fitbit ap... reboot phone (keep bluetooth off) use the Sync option in Fitbit Commect.

Ive been doing that a week or so and as long as i keep the bluetooth off on my phone, it syncs every time.

Hopefully samsung will correct the issue with their next update.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
This worked for me! Even the fitbit support team didn't mention trying to ad again. My phone and computer wouldn't pick up the Bluetooth so I thought it was dead.   I added it again as a new device, and everything works!  Thanks so much! 

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working!
Best Answer

I also started having issues with my One not synching after I received a Samsung update on 

August 18th on my Samsung phone but not right away.  It synched for a day or two then stopped then two days later it started synching again without me doing anything.

But then after I received a "Fitbit" update on my phone it stopped synching again and it hasn't synched since.  I received the Fitbit update some time after Wednesday, August 23rd at 9:00 PM, as that was my last synch time.  I now have to synch my One with my laptop running Win 10 but I noticed it won't synch with my laptop until I turn the One off and back on. I never had to do that in the past.  It throws up an error stating it is connected to another device which it isn't.  I had deleted my One from my Blue tooth devices on my phone in trying to get it to synch again with my phone and now of course it won't pair with my phone.  My phone is a Samsung S5 Android version 6.0.1 with Verizon for my carrier and my Fitbit is running version 6.60.

I sure hope a resolution can be found soon, as I rarely get on my laptop at home and I really miss not having the portability of checking and comparing my stats for the week on my phone through out the day. 

Best Answer

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  The end of last week
  • What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  Samsung Galaxy S8
  • What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  Not sure
  • What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have any idea when the issue will be fixed (vs a work around)?
I hope it will be sooner rather than later.

Thank you,

Linda
Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

• When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?

Ive been havind issues fir almost a week or so. So about 21th of August

• What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?

I have a Samsung A3 2017

My OS is 6.0.1 marshmallow

• What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

My provider is KPN (a dutch company)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last sync 8/8

Verizone 

Galaxy s5

Best Answer
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Even thou my phone did not show my one fitbit on the Bluetooth page, once I turned off my phones Bluetooth I was able to sync to computer
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not had to turn off my bluetooth on my phone to get it to sync to my
computer. I did remove the one as a device from my phone though. I also
installed the fitbit app on my hubby's phone (a Samsung S6) and it syncs
and works fine. His phone is running Nougat instead of Marshmallow
though. This workaround is good, but I would still like to be able to sync
to my own phone and not have to rely on my proximity to either my husband
or my desktop computer. So hey fit bit.... what's the status on the fix?
It really really seems like a Verizon issue - should we be nagging at them
since they are the ones that broke it?

*Julie Clark*
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I went back the next day to sync. I found I had to turn off the
offending phones blue tooth till it did the sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to uninstall an update or push out a previous version of your app for the Android/Samsung? I can only sync with my home laptop, which I use briefly first thing in the morning.  I am unable to participate in ongoing groups or challenges or check my progress during the day. I have considered upgrading to a Charge 2, but am reconsidering possibly another brand (?)  Does anyone know if this is a recurring issue with any of the other trackers, or is it just the One? 

Best Answer
0 Votes