Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349
>From what I hear, it is all Bluetooth Low Energy devices with some of the
Samsung devices. Changing trackers will not solve your problem. You'd
have to change your phone.

*Julie Clark*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to everyone for your contributions to this thread. We do have all the information we need right now and our engineers continue to work on a fix. As always, we do appreciate your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news?  I'm very frustrated that the Fitbit won't synch with my galaxy and it keeps draining the battery at a shocking rate.  From what I can tell, there was an update that has screwed everything up.  Please, please, please make a patch or whatever you do and get us all up and running again - literally.  I have to say, my motivation drops a great deal when I don't have my daily challenges to keep me moving.  Thank you FitBit for making working out and moving fun... 

Best Answer

While Fit Bit Customer service has been very helpful, I still cannot sync with my phone... A Samsung 5.   I was able to sync with a computer, but my cell phone (which is used primarily) can't find the device.  I've tried everything...resetting the fitbit one, resetting my phone... even uninstalling and re-installing the fit bit app.   Does anyone have any ideas?  Last sync on my phone was Aug 10...  day I did the Samsung update

Best Answer

Same here. Updated the S5 on 8/8 & haven't been able to sync since. Very discouraging. Nearly a whole month has gone by. 

Best Answer

When is this going to get fixed?? 

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? forgot to sync Fitbit on vacation, last sync was 8/8. tried on 8/21 and 8/31. no muck
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?  6.0.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

No resolution and I can still only sync from my laptop.  I also added the App to my Kindle Fire, which runs on Fire OS, and I cannot sync with that either.  This tells me the issue is with the App, not my Galaxy S5.

What concerns me is that FitBit plans to discontinue the One this fall.  

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/Is-Fitbit-One-being-discontinued/td-p/2065369

I certainly hope this is not how they treat their customers in order to force us to upgrade.  I have not seen this particular syncing issue on the other message boards for the other products.  If someone else has, I'd be interested to see it.  

If someone from FitBit can offer something other than a "canned" response to these issues, we are listening!

Best Answer
Until Fitbit can find a way to resolve this ( BTW this is not a fitbit update, but android operating update that wiped out any light Bluetooth signal such as fitbit from being able to sync ). You can only sync to your computer while the Bluetooth is turned off on your phone. After you have sync you can turn Bluetooth back on. The phone is still locked into the fitbits Bluetooth but still cant see it, so it interrupts syncing to computer.
Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on this issue? It still isn't syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We may be asking the wrong company for assistance. The predominant phone
on which this issue seems to be occurring is the Galaxy S5. I'm thinking
this may be a Samsung issue.

This doesn't help my frustration level. I couldn't get the workaround to
work for me. I'm going to install the apps on my husband's phone and try my
tablet, too. Hopefully one of those will work
Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we all should be calling or sending messages to Samsung to fix their update. 

Best Answer

I stand corrected.  After turning off the Bluetooth on my Galaxy S5, I was able to add my One as a new device on my Fire tablet, and it synced just fine.  This is definitely a Samsung issue, and I will start barking up their tree.  Hopefully FitBit will continue to work on the back end toward a resolution, because they certainly have the most pull. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been nearly month...I can't sync with my computer either.  I have tried it several times and it just won't work at all.  Very frustrating, I'm ready to throw it out already.

Best Answer
Only Connection Is My phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have any answers for this problem yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?  I last synced my One device to my android cell phone on August 8 around 11 PM.  My phone updated on August 9 at 2:19 AM.  I have not been able to get my One to sync with my phone since the update was installed even after rebooting the One unit, turning my phone off and on, and turning bluetooth off and on.
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?   Version 6.0.1  (SM-G900V)
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?  Verizon

I was having difficulty getting the One to even sync with my computer using the dongle.  However, someone suggested to reboot the One (placing it in its charging cable) by holding down the button for 30 seconds remove and press button for version number and to repeat 3 times.  This finally worked to sync with my computer, but still no luck with my cell phone.  Please HELP!!!

Best Answer

I spent and hour and a half on the phone with Samsung yesterday. We restarted, uninstalled the app, reinstalled, and then they worked on my phone remotely. It couldn't be fixed. She suggested I go to a Best Buy and have their Samsung people work on it. I went to a Best Buy today, but this particular store didn't have a Samsung expert. Still not working....

Best Answer

Hello, any fix yet ?

Best Answer
0 Votes