Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

I emailed Samsung through their website and got a canned response that ranges from uninstalling and reinstalling the offending app; how to connect a Bluetooth device; restarting the phone in safe mode to see if the problem still exists (which makes no sense, because I believe safe mode would not load the FitBit app); and finally, to back up my data and restore my phone to its default settings, adding back apps one at a time.  I would imagine my phone would then go through a constant string of updates and put it right back where I started. 

I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone and was able to sync my One with my Fire tablet. Unfortunately, it will not now sync with my PC, even with the dongle.  It seems to be dedicated only to the device where it was set up, which did not use to be the case.  

I'm really not sure who to blame for this, but I am not purchasing new devices from either company until/unless it gets resolved. 

Best Answer
Same here I'm looking at the garmin devices right now think that is where
I'll get my next one from. This situation has gone on too long.
Best Answer

I posted a message on Samsung website too. I did order a new fitbit. That was on the suggestion of fitbit's tech support after trouble shooting back when this all began. I haven't opened it yet since people are saying new ones aren't syncing either. I'm going to send it back if things don't get corrected soon. No point in paying for a new device if it's not going to sync either. 

Best Answer

I just looked at some other post and a fitbit moderator posted on Aug 9th 2017 that they are discontinuing the ONE model of fitbit. The post recommend we purchase another type to replace our fitbit One devices. Sounds like we are not going to get our ONE'S  to ever sync with our phones again. 

Best Answer
Tonya, i got a new ONE, upgraded firmware (as my old one never would update ) neither of my ONEs will sync with my sansung phone.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

From what I read, it's not going to sync. If you just got it you should send it back and get it replaced with one of their other models. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a flex and it is having the same issues as the one. I purchased
garmin trackets for all my grandchildren and they have not had any issues
with theirs. They even sync with my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will look at those, thanks.

Best Answer
No I have had my flex since April,it quit syncing after my Samsung latest
update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync my Fitbit One since installing an update on my Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus. I saw the response saying engineers are working on the problem. When can we reasonably expect the problem to be solved. I currently do not have access to a computer so I  really want to  sync on my smartphone.  The posts that I read discussing the discontinuation of the One have me very concerned.  I love the One and do not want a wristband. Do I have to switch to another brand?

Best Answer
I have no idea I'm getting a garmin I'm to frustrated waiting for a fix or
work around.
Best Answer

Sometimes mine will sync on its own, but but most days I have to plug it into my computer dongle to restart it, they it syncs with all my devices. weird how some are not able to sync at all, while others can. hope they fix it soon, I have not even had mine for a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is we have Vitality at work, and it connects with FITBIT!  A big scam!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My one is syncing with my Samsung 7, but husband's won't sync to his Samsung 5.
Best Answer
I would have bought into the notion that it's a Samsung issue except my One did not sync on my laptop (HP) or work computer (Lenovo) using the dongle either. I didn't start having problems until the 6.60 update from Fitbit.
Best Answer
Probably never. They are blaming Samsung for the issue. However, mine wouldn't sync on a laptop or desktop using the dongle. If I had been able to get it to sync at all I wouldn't have been upset. I was also getting the fully charged icon and it not counting steps at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Guess I'll look into other options too. Does Garmin have a clip on tracker?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good point. I can't sync with the computer, work or home either. So that
would lead me to believe it is not Samsung but Fit bit problem.
Best Answer
Fitbit, you are really annoying me! First, you took away the unranked
option in the Friends list. Now my One is not able to sync with my Samsung
phone. Now you stop producing the the One? I have a Charge HR and also a
One. I started with the One. I have an autoimmune disorder and develop skin
problems from wearing the wrist tracker nonstop. I am also a violinist, and
the wrist tracker sometimes bothers me when I play. So I use both trackers,
the Charge HR when I need a watch, and also when I am working out. The rest
of the time I use the One. I had a Zip as my first Fitbit, but the Zip does
not count floors. I use the One most of the time. I am very dissatisfied
with my Fitbits right now and will be exploring other options.
Best Answer
I called Fitbit and they said that ever since the last Samsing update, their fitbit app doesn't work. They are working on the problem and trying to get it fixed, but couldn't tell me how long it will take. They were able to help me get it to sync with my computer, but it only worked once and now it isn't working again.
Best Answer