Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
This is getting frustratin my one has not been sync correctly for 2 days. Yes reset tracker..yes reloaded app..yes restarted phone. When are they going to fix this glitch
Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

Thanks for the update @TherockSA. Have a nice day.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One quit syncing January 7th.  Why is that?  It won't sync, and the dongle can't locate the One on any device (2 computers and my phone).

Best Answer

Hi @Bob17. Welcome to the Community. It could be a number of things, but the first thing I would do is restart it, using the instructions in this link: Restart.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit One has stopped syncing as well. My laptop with the dongle can' find the tracker and my android app on my phone won't "sync now" it just gives me a message that syncing is scheduled but the little pop-up message is truncated and I can not see when "scheduled".

I am traveling and unfortunately I left my trusty old ultra at home. Now I am left with only frustration.

too bad, fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My syncing stopped on the 8th Jan (NZ time). Restarting has not fixed the problem! What to do?

Best Answer

I've just experienced this issue with the android mobile app, but when I removed and reinserted the dongle it updated the dashboard on both the desktop and mobile app.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer

This is a solution if you have a Mac running the El Capitan operating running the El Capital OS. Whenever you reboot, you have to remove and reinsert the dongle. This iws a known glitch with the El Capitaan OS. Apparently either Mac or Apple is working to fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FB One has not been able to sync since 12/24/15... I have reset it many times, redownloaded my app, tried everything you guys have suggested... and still nothing I either get that my phone cannot find the tracker or my phone cannot sync with fitbit.com... and my school deleted my desktop app and when I went to redownload it, the error came up that it could not find my tracker again... I really don't have the money to buy a new one... and it is getting really annoying because I am starting a new job at the end of the week and I want to see my activity level. 

Oh, I have and android and a PC windows 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @EquineGirl105.

Please try this:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your Android phone.
  2. Go to your Win 7 computer and sign-off your Fitbit account. 
  3. Unplug the Fitbit dongle.
  4. Clear your browser cache - which browser are you using?
  5. Delete Fitbit Connect from your computer.
  6. Do a complete shut down on your computer.
  7. Boot up again and once the disc activity has ceased, plug the Fitbit dongle back in and wait for Win 7 to recognize it.
  8. Download and install the latest version of Fitbit Connect from here:Fitbit Connect for Windows PC
  9. Sign-on to your account and tell me what is the date and time stamp for your last successful sync, as shown at the top left of your main dashboard page.

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit has stopped tracking. done everything suggested.

all it says is Looking ....

so annoying. i can not keep up todate and take part in Challeges with friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the exact same problem -- have done all the resets, reinstalls, etc. Has anyone heard anything -- are they aware of the problem, working on it??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting. Clearly a FitBit problem but AFAIK no response/solution from Company.

(BTW, appears to be One specific, have a Flex that seems to work/sync OK)

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem to report at my end. The One is tracking normally.

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this and it did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JackieLL wrote:

I did this and it did not work.

It would be helpful @JackieLL to indicate what 'this' is referring to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was replying to a previous post where the writer mentioned restarting his ONE according to the directions provided.  I've basically tried everything I can read that everyone has done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JackieLL. Do you know for sure that the restart was successful? If successful, you should have seen the fibit logo and firmware version show up on your One's display - Fitbit 6.60. If you didn't get to see that on your screen, please restart your One again, two or three times if need be, until you do see Fitbit 6.60. Please hold the button longer than the 10 seconds advocated in the Help document; I would suggest holding the button down 15-20 seconds if need be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Mine hasn't been able to sync since January 6.  I thought it was because of the battery, so I plugged it up with the dongle cord and got it to 100%.  Still won't sync.  Called customer support, they said that because my One isn't under warranty anymore they can't help me, but they'd gladly sell me another one at a 25% discount.  I told her this one works fine, it's just not syncing with anything.  We went through the restart process and my computer doesn't recognize the dongle cord.  Strange isn't it?  It charges the One, but it doesn't recognize it when I want to sync?  Hmmm, new marketing technique for the new year?

Best Answer

Hi @shell6269. For your Fitbit One tracker to sync with your computer, you need the USB dongle to be plugged into a USB port on your computer.

This is the dongle: Fitbit Dongle.jpg. The other gadget with the wire hanging is for charging your Fitbit One only.

Best Answer

My Fitbit One is working, but the app on my Iphone is not synching with the device. I have closed out of the app on phone and turned the phone off several times. It was working fine on Sunday 1/10/16. With all the other posts one would guess this is not user error, but a system problem.

Best Answer