Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
This is getting frustratin my one has not been sync correctly for 2 days. Yes reset tracker..yes reloaded app..yes restarted phone. When are they going to fix this glitch
Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

Mine too. I have done the closing of app and power off of phone too. 

Best Answer

I found the solution on troubleshooting page Fitbit Synching Troubleshooting Page

This is in a nutshell what link info says: Plugging the fitbit charger with fitbit one in charger into my pc/laptop and holding the power button for several seconds until it powers off,  and then removing the fitbit from the charger solved the syching issue. Sorry long sentence, but it worked!

Best Answer

So did mine and all my data is incorrect now...they updated the fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Mac running  el capitan has always had to have the dongal from my fitbit pulled out and re inserted to sync but now with the latest upgrade from fit bit it will not work at all ?

Best Answer
DandelIons, I honestly don't know what that is, I don't think I've ever had one with my One. Is that something that was supposed to come with it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Stupid auto correct, sorry tandemwalker
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @shell6269. I will give you a little trick. Whenever you want to address a post to a specific user in a thread, just use the at-sign (@) and a list of user names who contributed to the thread will show up. Just click on the one you need and the name will automatically form part of your message. Not only that, but the user will receive notification that a message was posted (subject to notifications settings of course.)

OK, that little thing is called the Fitbit dongle and it should have been part of your package. Here is a bigger picture of it:

71hckD5nbYL._SL1500_.jpg

It's about the size of quarter. If you still have the packaging in which your One came, please look again. If your One did not come with the Fitbit dongle, please click here to Contact Support who might be able to help you with this.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
so disappointed in this product at the moment because of the on-going syncing problem not longer able to recommend it to my friends third day with no resolution not very happy 😞  
Best Answer

UPDATE:

My fitbit one finally updated the other day. Yesterday, once again, my phones bluetooth could not find the tracker.  This morning it could. THIS IS JUST CRAZY!

This morning my computer with dongle could finally see my tracker and synced. 

YES, I did reset my tracker 2 days ago but that did not help either my computer or phone to connect with the tracker at that time.

Why it alternately works then not works is a mystery. 

NOT HAPPY

Best Answer

I just found out that mine has stopped syncing back around Thanksgiving and would not work.  I had dropped it a few times so I thought the shocks had broken the chip antennas being used so ordered another from Amazon.  Then yesterday when checking on shipping status, I came across a posting about resetting the One which I did last night.  It synced to my computer and my phone like it had been doing without issue.  I'll see if it still behaves normally over the next couple of days before deciding on whether or not so return the new one to Amazon.

I really missed seeing the sleep logs over the past month since my sleep patterns are very erratic.  I also need to start recording my data again to help get my mindset skewed back toward "healthy" instead of "whatever".Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One not syncing regularly either. Just when it wants to. Very frustrating. It was a huge spluge for me to buy it.

Best Answer

Most frustrating is the fact that mine was reliable provided I kept removing the and re inserting the dongle but now after the upgraded software it does not work at all!

Best Answer

Hi @tubehead. If you have a smartphone already paired to your Fitbit One, the BT signal from the phone might prevent the computer/dongle connectivity. If this applies to your situation, please try disabling Bluetooth on the phone when attempting to sync with the computer and see what you get. A bloated browser cache might also be at the root cause of this problem. Next time you can't sync, sign off your Fitbit account, clear your Internet cache, and then sign back on.

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @cmcdar. Your tracker can sync to many different devices (phones, tablets, ipods, computers...), but only one at a time. If, when attempting to sync with your computer, your phone still has a live Bluetooth connection to your Fitbit One, that might indeed prevent syncing with your computer/dongle. Turning off the Bluetooth signal on the phone and forcing a sync on the computer should restore your PC/dongle Bluetooth connectivity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

...well that is strange... I have had my One since Oct 2013 and had few sync problems... I always have my phone BT on (work headset) and the PC dongle - both generally next to each other, then since last Friday (8 Jan) it hadn't been able to connect via the Android App or PC. 

Was just considering the 'Restart One'... then saw the note about a possible conflict between Phone and Dongle BT... so I switched the phone BT off... and it now completed the sync!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having trouble syncing my Fitbit one. Bought a new one uploaded that and that one won't sync, is it me
Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish Fitbit would fix this!  I keep having to reset my ONE at least once a week.  I have All Day Sync activated on my iPhone but every 3 days, I'll get a message stating my One hasn't sync'd for xx hours.  It can't even find my One to do a forced sync.  All it shows is "looking".  I used to be able to shut down and restart the app to get a connection, but now that longer works.  This has been going on for me since I got my One about 9 months ago.

Best Answer

So, update to the app on the phone on the 15th... NOW WONT SYNC!?!

Fix The Update! How hard is that?

Yes, I have tried all of the fixes... Restart tracker, Deleat the app, download again, Deleat the tracker, reinstall... 

Fix The Update!!!!!

Best Answer

If the whole sync thing with the One is FUBAR, can you at least put a check box on the sign in page to "remember me" so I don't have to keep signing in? If my bank and Amazon (not to mention a dozen other sites) can do it, why not Fitbit? Though I'd rather not have to bother at all...

Best Answer
Not syncing my fit it for 2 days.
Best Answer