Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Minutes Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have the Charge HR and for a week now it hasn't been properly syncing my active minutes. I workout between 30-45 minutes a day around 1/2 in the afternoon. I hold down the button on my Fitbit to log my workout and hold it down again to end it. When I sync it to my phone, the workout gets logged but the active minutes do not. A few days in a row it has logged by active minutes but not until 6-7 hours later. Yesterday however it did not log my active minutes at all. I have already tried resetting the device. Please help!
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much for your update @Ktorrez! At this point, please contact Customer Support, they will be more than happy to further investigate what is going wrong with your tracker.

Please let me know how it goes!

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Hello @Ktorrez, very welcome to the Community! Smiley Very Happy I used to have the same issue every time I was on my spinning class. Try to restart your tracker one more time and after that set up your tracker as a new Fitbit device. That works for me Smiley Very Happy. Also, just remember that active minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity. 

Let me know how it goes! 

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
This still did not work for me. I reset my Fitbit then tried to set it up as a new device and now I'm given an error message that reads "Request Failed: Forbidden".
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Ktorrez. I saw that massage on my phone a few weeks ago. So, please try clearing your Fitbit app browser's cache, by logging out of the Fitbit app, after that, go Settings, try to find General usage, tap Manage Storage, tap an item in Documents and Data. Slide unwanted items to the left and tap Delete. Tap Edit and Delete All to remove all the app's data. Finally, log back into your Fitbit app and try to set up your tracker one more time.

Keep me posted, I'll be around!  

Best Answer
I don't believe there is a way for me to clear the cache on a specific app on my iPhone. I am only able to delete the app itself. The error message cleared and I was able to log back in and like before, everything is syncing except my active minutes. Some days my active minutes will sync but not until 6 or 7 hours after I've completed my workout and other days it doesn't log anything at all. I understand how active minutes are earned and I know I am earning them because I've checked my workouts on the dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your update @Ktorrez! At this point, please contact Customer Support, they will be more than happy to further investigate what is going wrong with your tracker.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing.

Moderator edit: all caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you around @barter! Smiley Happy Have you tried a Factory Reset on your tracker?. If you don't, I recommend to do it at first thing in the morning and after that set up your tracker
as a new Fitbit device and test it for one day.

Let me know if the issue persist, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
@barter I found that to get my active minutes to sync, I have to take my phone off the wifi. I disconnect from wifi, then turn on my Bluetooth, then open the app and it'll work.
Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this great tip @Ktorrez! I'm going to share your tips every time someone needs it. At the moment, could you please let us know your updates?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

A simple reset solves the problem but it came back a second time. The reset worked the second time too but I hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joins us @barterSmiley Very Happy Have you tried to clear the browser cache on your computer?. Directions on how to clear your cache on a variety of browsers can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache 

Please keep us posted on your updates!Smiley Wink  

Best Answer
@Ktorrez you legend!!!! The wifi trick today sorted out my issue with my app not showing any active minutes! I literally tried everything else! Thank you so much 🙂
Best Answer

I don't sync to a phone. I sync to my desktop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Coralee thank you for your information! At this point, I recommend to contact Customer Support, they can further investigate this issue and get you back on track. Smiley Wink

@barter Thanks for your update. The instructions I placed in my last post are for computer. Have you tried to clean your computer browser cache?. After that, try to sync your Charge HR with your computer and test your tracker for one day.

Let me know how it goes @Coralee and keep me posted @barter! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

I wish I had read these community posts before I purchased this Fitbit HR!  I purchased the HR to track activity for a company sponsored Wellness program.  My fitbit Charge worked fine, but it keep falling off, so I paid another $150 for the HR with the regular watch strap. My Fitbit HR did not work out, wouldn't tell time or track activity, from the moment I bought it. 

Phone support was able to get my ChargeHR to track my activity, but every week it quits working.  I won't purchase a third fit bit, but I must warn consumers 'DO NOT BUY A FITBIT CHARGE HR.  The company should offer a recall until the company can fix these problems.  It is giving Fitbit a bad reputation with large corporationsw

Best Answer

Hi @workingmomof3 thank you for join us on the Community and also thank you for sharing this information with us. I really understand you, I do like my Charge HR. Smiley Sad Have you tried to contact Customer Support again? They can further investigate your issue and I'm sure they will find a quick solution for you. In addition, let me share the Fitbit Warranty Policy.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

I have had the exact same problems with my charge HR syncing as the other individuals on this thread.  None of your troubleshooting advice works.  Your customer service support team is a joke and extremely unhelpful- once they FINALLY answer you with something other than a generic reply.  It seems as though this is a well known issue with your charge HR devices.  Fitbit as a brand should take ownership for this common malfunction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your feedback @kwilli49. You are correct, this might be a bug. So, make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. Fitbit regularly provides new versions of the Fitbit app on the App Store and PlayStore, these updates offer new features and bug fixes. To update your tracker, follow me:

1. On your iOS device, tap App Store.
2. Tap the Updates tab.
3. If a Fitbit update is available, you'll see Fitbit in the list of pending updates and tap Update.

Best Answer
I have already updated the app and tried every other suggestion made in this community without luck.
Best Answer