Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on Display with seconds

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has fitbit finally given us an option to have the display always on, with seconds visable on the charge 2?

I know tons of nurses and EMTs that really like the fitbit software, but can't use it simply because they can't get seconds for taking vitals.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@NickWalker The Charge 2 displays seconds on its clock face, but it does not have an option for the clock face to be always on.

The Charge 2 uses quick view which wakes up the screen when you turn the tracker towards you. Click here for more information.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

@NickWalker The Charge 2 displays seconds on its clock face, but it does not have an option for the clock face to be always on.

The Charge 2 uses quick view which wakes up the screen when you turn the tracker towards you. Click here for more information.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Charge HR right now, and I enjoy it on a day to day, but the display only turns on for 3 seconds, which just isnt nearly enough. I could get away with it being on for 15 seconds, but 30 is the goal. Any chance they have added this on the Charge 2? Or is it still 3 seconds till the screen turn off.

Best Answer

My understanding is the only Fitbit that can display seconds while staying always on is the Surge. And for that, you need to use the Timer function, which is a countdown timer. I understand the special needs of nurses and EMTs, but Fitbits clearly weren’t design for this niche market.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
One additional consideration that may be useful - the Charge 2 does have a stopwatch feature (shows down to tenths of a second) you can use on the tracker. Probably not nearly as convenient as an always-on clock face, but could be used in some situations perhaps. I just tested the feature on mine and noted that 1) you have to click the button to turn it on, and 2) screen turns off after 9.8 seconds - to see stopwatch you have to click button again (it continues counting while screen is off). Again, probably not what you're looking for, but thought I'd add it just in case others see this and it is helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just purchased a charge 2 after breaking my charge hr (out of warranty) and I'm disappointed that I can't view seconds on the clock face. Is this an option that may come out in the future? I need that for work if it isnt going to be an option I may need to return the Fitbit and just purchase an athletic watch
Best Answer

I agree! If Fitbit Charge 2 could just get the seconds to stay on for 15-20 seconds at least, I could take vitals. It would be ridiculous for me to have to wear a second watch to do this trivial function.

Best Answer

I can't understand why what seems like such a simple software change has been requested for years and ignored.  Just add an option to the app.  "Warning: this will decrease battery life".  I don't care!  I have no problem charging the darn thing every night I don't wear it to bed.  Please Fitbit, give us the option to keep the display on.  I really prefer your tech, but this holiday season I'm going to go with something else if this doesn't get done.  Sad face.

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Charge 2. With the new update you can set the interval timer to light up the screen every minute (or minutes). I find this option to be particularly helpful not just when I am exercising. I found that it is helpful to use when trying to lower my heart rate during a certain period. I set it for 15 seconds active and 15 seconds rest. I start doing breathing exercises and get a 15 second update for as many cycles as I choose. It is as good (or better) as having the option of keeping the screen on permanently! It essentially solves the issue of not being able to adjust the screen time out feature. Also, by using the interval timer, the user is getting second by second monitoring of one's heart rate. Has anyone used this option the way I have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. The 3 seconds that the screen is on is simply not enough. This is such a simple software solution

Best Answer

But as I mentioned in my post you can set the interval timer so that it lights up to show you your heart rate and stats every second if you choose. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not see the seconds being displayed on the Charge 2 clock faces. How do I get it to display? I got this as a Christmas gift but I will need to return it if it doesn't display the seconds, 

Best Answer

Hi Derrick,
I think the main thing people are suggesting is the option to have the clock face stay on. I am a nurse and use my fitbit quite a bit for the clock and timer feature. It would be VERY helpful to have it stay on. The responsiveness of the device to movement is not always great. I have owned the Surge in the past and the ability to have a clock face present was very helpful. Please please make this an option! It really would be appreciated. There are ALOT of medical personnel who use fitbits.

Best Answer

Where is the clock face that displays seconds?   Is there an option to change how long it stays on for.   A 15 or 30 second display on would help.  In the medical field and would be useful not having to use the stop watch.  I also have a Fitbit charge 2

Best Answer

Howe do you set the interval timer for this?  I can't find the setting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you set the interval timer for this?  I can't find the setting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the new update you can set the interval time to turn on every 10 seconds (or longer) for pretty much as long as you want in workout mode. You just need to make sure you add the interval workout mode  option on your device  (and then set the amount of time between workout and rest respectively).  I use the interval mode mainly as a breathing session. I set it for 12 seconds (workout/rest respectively). On my charge 2 I then tap the interval workout to start it. I then tap the screen once and the heart rate appears (so every time the watch face turns on (with  my setting it is every 12 seconds) I see my heart rate (which is measured every second in this mode). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the ios Fitbit app. I have attached screenshots.IMG_0366.PNG

IMG_0367.PNG

IMG_0369.PNG

IMG_0371.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the answer is NO. Fitbit give us the option. 

Best Answer

I agree!!!

Best Answer