Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on Display with seconds

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has fitbit finally given us an option to have the display always on, with seconds visable on the charge 2?

I know tons of nurses and EMTs that really like the fitbit software, but can't use it simply because they can't get seconds for taking vitals.

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Please remember that posting here your mainly posting for Fitbit users to read. 

If you want to let the Fitbit it developers hear you then follow Derrick's advice above. 

Best Answer

It would be really useful to be able to see the display all the time particularly heart rate.

Best Answer

This is NOT a solution!!! Fitbit should have the option to keep the clock face ON. (PERIOD)  It should also be able to display only the hour, minute and sweep second hands of a clock face.  It's stupid simple to put this on a digital time keeper.  Not listening to your customer base is what is keeping your company SMALL!!!!

Best Answer

@Classicalphotog i the solution that the OP choose simply tells how the clock display works. Of course there won't be a solution to your liking in this thread. We are simply Fitbit users and ate unable to reprogram your tracker. 

I do have a question tho, would ypu be able to point out any watch model with an LED display that continuously stays on?

How often would you be willing to put up with charging.  Would once a day or more frequently be OK?

How much of an impact would this have on such features like sleep?

How often throughout the day is the watch really being looked at? Maybe a total time of 10 minutes? Is it really necessary to have those lights blazing the rest of the time?

No I don't need or want a response, just pointing out some things to consider.

I noticed the AW certainly doesn't stay on and  of course this would mean charging the AW 4 - 5 times a day rather than once a day.

Best Answer

What can I do get this issue noticed by your developers and engineer's? I really need this feature! I like my fitbit and dont want to have return it just because of this issue!

Best Answer

As pointed out above @Jess7676, posting on the hardware forum where your fellow Fitbit users hang out to help each other is not the place to get the developers attention. 

We have the Feature Suggestion Forum for this purpose. This request has already been made and waiting for your vote. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Clock-display-stay-time/idi-p/2032878

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Time-Display-always-ON/idi-p/1867724

Best Answer

I'm wondering if there is some safety issue with having the watch always on and they just don't want to come out and say it.  Is there some sort of electromagnetic radiation emission limit that could potentially cause harm if the watch is left on for a certain time period?  Just my thoughts, as otherwise this should be a very simple fix imo.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not that I'm aware of @kristikrum but like the Apple Watch and every other watch, except for one model, that has LED screen, the display times out to save the battery.. It is for the same reason a phone, laptop, chrome book, and tablet also times out and turns the display off. 

Best Answer

A watch is supposed to save you work and energy. Flipping your wrist toward you when you want it on is a waste of time and energy. If I want to view my watch while typing or driving or any other activity I don't want to have to remove my hand from the keyboard to activate a watch which should always be on.

Fitbit is completely useless because goes off and causes work. I will be returning the one I bought.

Best Answer

@swmoore1 it sounds like you would be happier witch the Surge.. It has an LCD which uses so little power that it can stay on.. The Charge 2 has an LED display and like every other watch, tablet, mp3 player, laptop on the market with an LED display the screen has a timeout feature to save the battery. Even the AW has a display that turns off. 

You might be more interested in the Whithing tracker.. It has mechanical hands like an old analog watch plus a 4th hand that displays how close you are to your goal. 

Best Answer

Garmin's Forerunner series has a dimly lit watch face that is always on. A coworker of mine has one, wears it with the HR monitor on and her battery lasts for 3+ days. An "always on" clock face is absolutely do-able. I am actually considering selling my Charge 2 HR and buying a Forerunner for that reason. While I am running, it is a HUGE pain to have to tap through my display to see my pace, distance, HR, and time while running - it throws everything off (breathing, rhythm, etc) because I have to stop concentrating on my form and breathing to check my stats. I have just about reached my limit with my Charge waiting for the "always on" display to be an option, and I know that I am definitely not alone.

Best Answer

where is this option?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There has to be a way to increase the interval to keep the display on for more seconds or keep it permanently on. Fitbit software can give the warning that it will have significant impact on battery life but they can't put this 3 seconds display on restriction. I would strongly suggest fitbit programmers to come up with this update asap.

Best Answer

There has to be a way to increase the time interval to keep the display on for more seconds or keep it permanently on. Fitbit software can give the warning that it will have significant impact on battery life but they can't put this 3 seconds display on restriction. I would strongly suggest fitbit programmers to accommodate these changes and give new update asap.

Best Answer

Dip **ahem**, that's NOT what we want. We want a simple clock face ALWAYS ON with a sweep second hand. Now do you understand?

Best Answer

This problem is NOT solved. I am a nurse and need to have a watch with second hand to count pulses and respiration’s. I was excited to see there was an option for seconds to be displayed, but much to my dismay the clock face disappears after only a couple seconds... surely with everything this device can do, a change could be made so that it can do this one simple thing!!! All I need is like 30 seconds!!!!

Best Answer

Agreed.  I never thought that this product would have been designed like this.  It should have been designed to allow the consumer to leave the display on ALL the time! Sadly, I am contemplating just upgrading my Polar because I know that there display is always on!  This was horrible purchase for me.  Hopefully others are not in the same situation.

Best Answer

Just got a new Charge2. Was told you can change the clock face. Need to have sweep second hand for 1 min for pulse and respiratory rates... got to return the fitbit. 

Failure #1 = not waterproof.

Failure #2 = no second hand.

Failure #3 = can’t set how long led stays on.

Garmin Vivoactive has had all of these features for 2+ years. Fitbit please make a watch for medical personnel. 

Best Answer

I'm not sure what you mean by waterproof, there is no legal definition since at some depth all enclosures sill fail .The terminology is water resistant to a depth of X. 

Having researched the product before purchase this limitation you should have been aware of. 

As for a watch that has a display that stays on, the Blaze has the chronograph face that was specifically designed to address the concerns of the medical comunity. 

Now considering that most hospitals do not allow wrist jewelry.. 

Best Answer

How exactly do you do this?!

Best Answer
0 Votes