Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Sync Charge 3 with a Computer?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 that I love and have it synced with my computer which I prefer to having it synced to my cell phone. Will I be able to do that with a Charge 3?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If your Charge 2 works well with your computer, the Charge 3 should also.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

If your Charge 2 works well with your computer, the Charge 3 should also.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Charge 3 shows up on Fitbit Connect, so it should have no issues!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Thanks Nelly and MakMak!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Levi2646 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread regarding your Charge 3 syncing to a computer. I'm really glad that you found some valuable help here. 

I just wanted to jump in here to ask you how is your experience so far while syncing to a computer? Is it syncing properly as your previous tracker?

@MakMak @NellyG Thanks for sharing your awesome help and experience on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

NellyG I was hoping you were right, but I don't think it works!

When trying sync my new Charge 3 with Fitbit Connect (windows 10) the Charge 3 is not listed. I don't always have my phone around, and many times I turn off Bluetooth. Seems another oversight on this new model. 

I have updated the FitBit Connect software and it still gives me no option to connect to my Charge 3.

If anyone has any insight to this problem I would welcome it!!

EDIT: I got it to work with the Bluetooth Dongle!! You have to Uninstall all versions (even the newest version) of the FitBit Connect software. Then go to the Windows store and download the FitBit app. Start the app and connect the dongle. (USB 2 only btw) It finally found it and sync'd. woot

Best Answer

SandiFitbit, I was asking before buying the Charge 3 because that was important to me to be able to cynic to my computer, not a cell. But I just found out the Charge 3 doesn't have a face that shows the date and time which is a total deal breaker for me. So I'll stick with my Charge 2 for now.

Best Answer

Does anyone know whether the Charge 3 requires the Fitbit Bluetooth dongle (eg, https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/wireless-sync-dongle ), or whether it will sync with Windows 10 using any Bluetooth dongle?

Best Answer

The Charge 3 did not work with my Acer laptop/tablet and the Charge 2 works fine.

Worked on troubleshooting this for over 4 hours. I did get the C3 to work with a dongle (Fitbit)

but if I want to change the clock face I must turn on Bluetooth and the pair/ connection fails.

Tried to work this on issue 2 different Charge 3s.

Went backed to my Charge 2. This is what I did via this Community thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Fails-to-connect-with-Bluetooth-on-my-laptop/m-p/2994364#M2...

Best Answer

The Charge 3 only syncs and can only be setup using a phone or PC with window's 10.  Plenty of us PC users don't want to switch to window's 10.  Fitbit connect also does not work with it.  Previous charge models as well as the alta models and blaze can connect to windows 7 or 8 and use fitbit connect.  Please update this.  Thanks.

Best Answer

After setting up my Charge 3 with an Ipad, I am able to sync using Windows 7.  However, I think it will only sync manually.  I did download the latest fitbit connect software, but it does work.  I have more settings available on the Ipad, but I just wanted to be able to sync on my desktop.  Fitbit really should support Windows 7 since there are a lot of them out there and still supported by MS.

Best Answer

I can't get the charge 3 to do an update. It is new today and was found by the app and recognised on fitbit.com but won't connect via Bluetooth in order to sync and do an update. I've followed the help pages and removed and reinstalled the Fitbit app, removed the old charge 2 from the Bluetooth group and from the dashboard. And still nothing. It tells me it can't be used until the update is complete. Not happy!

Best Answer

I just turned on the Bluetooth that is built into my laptop. No dongle at all. My Charge 3 syncs beautifully with my laptop (but has stopped syncing with my phone - still working on that issue).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you must be thinking of a different device. My Charge 3 has several options for clock face including date, time, steps etc. I just switched mine to an analog clock face with the date above it and my step count below.

Best Answer

I tried before, and syncing a Charge 3 doesn't work on a computer, it only works on an mobile device

Best Answer
0 Votes

From a long time ago..I have tried 3 different Charge 3 on 5 different and current Windows 10 laptops with the current Bluetooth drivers and the Bluetooth fails to connect. I can use a dongle but anything that needs a Bluetooth connection like clockface or current heartbeat does not work. I am back to my Charge 2. The Charge 3 is designed for mobile devices not most current PC/Laptops.

Here is another thread on this:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-3/Fails-to-connect-with-Bluetooth-on-my-laptop/m-p/3001687#M4...

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi I think this was a deal breaker for many people, so they have added other faces with date and time now.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge3 will NOT link with a Toshiba with bluetooth enabled, even when connected via the charging cable  but will with my phone.  I do NOTwant to sync via phone,  only via WIndows 10.  My wife's Alta easily syncs to her computer whether connected via charging cable or not.  Has Fitbit stupidly not built this "direct to Windows 10 computer capacity" into the charge3?

Best Answer

Is there a solution for syncing a Charge 3 to a laptop instead of a cell phone?

I had purchased an InspireHR and it synced once during set-up and would not sync again - no matter how many times I removed and tried again, downloaded software, etc.  I sent it back after finding many people had similar problems.

A week ago I decided to try again with the Charge 3 -- and it set-up and worked beautifully -- the first time!  When I got home tonight and tried to sync, it failed and now it will not attach again to Bluetooth and sync. 

I have a new Win10 Dell and other items including mouse have synced perfectly.  But I cannot get the Fitbit devices to sync again after the initial set-up.

If it were a problem with my computer or Bluetooth, why would it sync so perfectly the first time during set-up and never again? 

What do I need to do?  Or is it the Fitbit devices which do not sync properly with a computer?  I also do NOT want to sync to a phone.

HELP!!!

Best Answer

It does have a face that shows the date and time so you might want to upgrade after all 😊

Best Answer