Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Sync Charge 3 with a Computer?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 that I love and have it synced with my computer which I prefer to having it synced to my cell phone. Will I be able to do that with a Charge 3?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Dongle is the only way I got my Charge 3 to sync with Windows 10.  Could be that I'm using 3rd party charging cables.  Once I plugged in an old Fitbit Flex usb dongle it was recognized immediately and synced in less than a minute.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe the Charge 4 will have what you're looking for.  Seems like they crammed a lot more into this familiar package.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used an old Flex dongle and it worked.  I've tried it with others I had around as well and they all worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like syncing via built in bluetooth is less stable than using a Fitbit usb dongle.  Many available used and they don't cost much, even when bought with an older tracker.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always used my laptop with previous Fitbits -- so I was pretty unhappy how much figuring out it took to get this worked out. I had to download the software (startup) on my really old tablet (Samsung Tab 4) then I was able to sync and view with the website I'd bookmarked on my MacBook Pro. Don't ask me how I first did it; I don't recall and it was complicated (2017). But now today I can't get the website info -- I presume it's their "helpful" (not) upgrade to give us some Charge 4 features. It's the thing I hate most -- I just want to have my unit work. I liked my previous two units. It doesn't seem right that every so often I have to spend HOURS to get my unit working (again). And now they don't do email support. It was some searching to even learn the firmware number, etc. < unhappy >  My Charge 3 works; but one of the most important items is the sleep readout and I prefer the info as it is given on the website for laptop.

Best Answer