Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868

Good news if your Charge 2 is less than a year old and still under warranty. I just initiated an online chat with a Fitbit support agent, and after sending her a picture of the cracked screen along with the case number, and giving her my purchase details, she said that I was eligible for a free replacement under warranty. She sent me an email link to get either a free replacement, or a 50% discount on any new device. So I am happy with how Fitbit is supporting their product as long as you are still under warranty.

Best Answer
I also got good news from Fitbit. They are replacing my screen!
I am impressed with this!
Best Answer

Same crack on my husbands and my Fitbit Charge 2. Mine is less than 8 months old. The straps have broken on both Fitbits. Mine twice. We are in our 60's, and not hard on our possessions. Very disappointed in these design flaws!

Best Answer

Good for you!  Mine is no longer under warranty and I called the help desk twice.  They won’t repair my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the Charge HD first, and its battery died, wouldn't charge. They replaced it with the Charge 2, awesome huh, well its out of warranty. My screen has cracked also, but not down the middle, down both sides where the charger edge is. I had it on charge and when I went to put it back on I saw the cracks. Strange thing is, I figure it would break while I was wearing it, not wile charging it. I wear it all the time, walking, hiking, cutting grass, etc. Never wore it in water or shower. Now I am afraid to get it wet. I just saw an ad for the Charge 3 pre-order, looked at it, but how can you trust fitbit with the 2 bad trackers already. Didn't think there would be so many complaining about this.

Best Answer

The above looks almost identical to the cracks in mine. 

Those of you who have a cracked Charge 2 that is out of warranty may want to check the terms of your credit card if you purchased with one. My Capital One Master card has automatic extended warranty protection, which doubles the manufacturer's warranty up to a max of 2 years for items I purchase with that card. This provision is common on many credit cards. You would file a claim with the credit card rather than with Fitbit.

Best Answer

I had no idea so many Fitbit charge 2 owners had encountered issues with cracked screens.  It has become evident that this is not isolated.  It is systemic and as such, a reputable company should initiate a recall or at least provide replacement screens.  Fitbit, if you are reading this, do the right thing and recall the broken screens!!! 

I was at  a store the other day and saw some customers looking at a Fitbit charge 2.  They were thinking of purchasing two of these devices. I showed them my cracked screen and told them to look up “broken or cracked screens on Fitbit Charge 2”.  They immediately pulled out their phones and found all the blogs.  They ended up purchasing Apple watches instead.  True story!  And a very sad day for Fitbit!

Best Answer
Thanks for the information, I totally forgot about my credit card.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great today!

I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you are experiencing with your Charge 2 since their screens are cracked. Thank you all for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success.

I can see that most of you already contacted our Support team for further assistance and depending on your warranty, they have chosen the best option to get you back on track. Let me explain to you that not all the users have the same options, as this mainly depends on your country of residence and the date of purchase of your Fitbit. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Mine looks exactly the same. Had it for a little I’ve a year. I just looked down and it was cracked. Did not drop it or hit it. Have no idea how it cracked. 

Support, just offed 25% off since out of warranty. Can’t they just fix screen at plant? How difficult can it be? Isn’t cheaper than replacing it if it was under warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is how mine is cracked as well. I have no idea how it happened. Put on charge and went to take it off and it has cracked for no apparent reason....😕

Best Answer

So was mine. No reason, just cracked.
If this is so pervasive among Fitbit 2 owners , why is there no fix in place?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Same thing my husband notice my crack when he took it off charge for me  i did not notice it before man this sucks. I love my fitbit so much. And I cant just go buy one the cost way to much.   I jut look my will be 18 months on the 13th of this month can I get it fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

So....what are you doing about the cracking face??? I had one replaced and th new one cracked too, of course now I am way out of the protection period but that doesn’t mean that it’s all right! I am seriously thinking of collecting all the complaints into a class suite...It’s not just the face cracking, I went thru 3 of your bracelets and now I am using $5 from China and it’s fine. I am a woman and a senior, not a sport champion. How must these fare with such a shoddy, yet quite expensive product!

Best Answer

I sent an email to Consumer reports and asked them to conduct an investigative review of the FitBit Charge 2 screens and initiate their review by reading the FitBit Blog on cracked screens at Fitbit.com.  Suggest others do the same and/or contact investigative reporters at their local TV stations.  The power of the press might help Fitbit recall these faulty devices.

Best Answer
You need to contact Fitbit support.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen cracked as well for no apparent reason. And there I was slagging off my BF for putting a pot of cello tape over the screen...

Best Answer

Thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Until it happens again to the new one and they won't do anything but give you a 25% discount on the same faulty product.  They aren't as reliable as when they first came out and its too bad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are we all going to do to get Fitbit to admit there is a defect.

Best Answer