Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't exit challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How come I can’t get options to quit a challenge or to invite more people. If can’t fix I want to delete the update.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Can we have a little more info? 

There is a Max of 10 allowed in a challenge, if the challenge is full then this may be why there is no option to invite more. 

As for quitting. Go to the challenge, tap the 3 dots in the top right, options, quit this challenge. 

As for a fix, is it broken? 

Best Answer

It won’t pop up the ... at the top, or options. It use too. And I was
wanting to quit some and join others, I want to let others win and I can’t
if I can’t quit the challenge.
--
VALERIE ROMERO

Best Answer

@energιzer Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Thank you for replying to @Rich_Laue's questions as this help us better understand the issue. Try logging our from the app, restart your phone and then log back in. After this retry leaving the challenge. Also which phone are youu using and which OS version is it running? Could you share a screenshot?

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Cannot leave challenges in progress, or leave/cancel challenges about to start. No buttons to press. Samsung S10e, most recent developer OS.

P.s. cant even share screenshots here with my phone.

Best Answer

Edit: can leave standard challenge in progress. Above issues are for premium challenges (although havent tested leaving a standard challenge about to start).

Cant erase features and charge $13/month...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Badzilla for screen shot posting. Tap the picture icon and browse to the wanted a screen shot

What is it that your being charged for? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue.  iPhone 6, iOS 12.4.5.  As you suggested, I exited the app, shutdown my phone, then logged back in.  Still having the issue.  Note that it is the 6 workweek challenges from last week that already ended that I’m not given the option to quit.  I’ve joined 6 challenges this week, for a total of 12.  I wanted to quit last week’s challenges so I could add a 7th challenge this week.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Update:  Just checked, and the option to quit on this week’s challenges is still functional.  The issue is only with the challenges that have already ended.  Thanks again!

Best Answer

Charge2CTbiker_0-1583164277575.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's like saying you want to step out of a 5K run after you crossed the finish line? 

How is one suppose to leave a challenge when it is already over? 

Best Answer
Thanks for your response. The challenge may have officially ended, but it is clearly not “over” because A. It still appears on my screen, B. Participants can still make comments, and C. (Most importantly) It’s still taking up a challenge slot, preventing me from joining other challenges.

If I wait until a workweek hustle (that ends at midnight on Friday) “disappears” from my screen the following Monday, the new challenges I’m invited to (that I can’t join because I’m at my limit from the prior week) are already full. I would like to be able to accept invitations over the weekend, when I receive them.

This is either a flaw with the challenges limit design, or there’s a simple workaround I’m not aware of. That is what I was trying to determine with my question. Thank you.
Best Answer

Yes once a challenge is over, the chat stays active for a while. 

However I have not had any issues joining or creating new challenges even when they bring me way over the maximum count with the 2-3 that just ended. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response. That’s great that you haven’t had any problems adding challenges. As I painstakingly detailed in my comments, I have. You mentioned not having any problems when “2 or 3” challenges just ended. As I stated, I am typically in 5 or 6 different work week hustle challenges each week (although not always in the ones I’d most like to be in, because they are often full, due to the problem I previously outlined.) The issue I described arises when there are 5 or 6 challenges that have ended, not “2 or 3”. I would love to be able to be in even more challenges, so not being able to be in the maximum number of challenges is really frustrating....

I wouldn’t have wasted valuable time researching the issue if it wasn’t a very annoying, recurring problem. And I certainly wouldn’t have wasted even more valuable time in this forum, carefully outlining the issue, if I knew the response would be “never happened to me.” How does that response help Fitbit users with this issue? Wouldn’t it be more productive to try duplicating the circumstances that have been described (in great detail) so you can experience the issue first hand? Then you would be able to greatly assist the community by resolving the issue and reporting on it. Just because it’s not personally an issue for you doesn’t mean it’s not an issue for others. Thanks again.
Best Answer

As mentioned Fitbit fixed the issue of not being able to add a challenge because the finished challenges haven't been removed. 

Yes their have been weeks I've seen a challenge list of 13 -14 challenges. This is what I painstakingly described in my last post. With 3-4 finished challenges not removed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

”Mmonths shop Fitbit“? “A chalk ante list”?  Thanks for your response, but I have no idea what you’re trying to say.  Your last post was 2 sentences, with, frankly, almost as much lack of thought and empathy as the one you just posted.  How can you call 2 sentences a painstaking description?  
You clearly have no interest in trying to help resolve this issue. Perhaps you, or preferably someone else, could feign a little more interest, skip the aggressive attitude, and construct meaningful sentences that actually address the issues.  That would be a welcome change.

Best Answer

I logged in just to try to like your comment.  This guy is a dweeb.  Must be drinking the Fitbit koolaid and not looking to improve it.  Just a pest not actually here to help.  

Best Answer

Thanks so much for validating my thoughts, exactly! 👍  Plus the dweeb edited his last response to fix his statements, that I honestly quoted verbatim, without even acknowledging or apologizing for the confusion! 🙄 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually learned how to do it.  Click EDIT then hit the X.

Best Answer

Brilliant! 😃  Thanks so much! 😘  I just tried it and it works! 👍  Problem solved!  I knew there had to be a way... just makes his responses all the more lame.  Have a wonderful day! ❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes