Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive notifications on Samsung Galaxy A8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to receive any notifications related to calls, messages and other. Can some one hell me out on this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I have had the A8 for 3 months now and still can't sync it at all. Surely mainstream systems like android and apple should be fast tracked since so many people buy them. All the useful functions can't be accessed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did finally get my Fitbit to work with Samsung A8+ after allowing
notifications and every permission other that the app had asked for.
Best Answer

Which kind of permission you get? 

Could you please explain in detail for all of us?

Regards Luca

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone will not communicate at all with the fitbit app. Since buying a Samsung a8 I have seen 6 months of comments asking when it will be a compatible device. I have tried all provided alternate methods provided.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have given the following permissions:
Notification - allowed, show content on lock screen
Permissions - camera, contacts, location, phone, SMS and storage
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just upgraded my wife's phone to A8. It pairs with her charge 2 and syncs but cannot receive notifications. Ran through the gauntlet but still no go

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally it works after upgrade to Oreo8 delivered last sunday. It seams a bluetooth problem.... 

Regards luca

Best Answer
0 Votes

I to have upgraded to Oreo on my phone and Voila! Notifications coming through. Syncing with no trouble at all. I was literally about to ask for a refund on the Fitbit so am very pleased this worked. Now here’s hoping it keeps working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A8 Star will be one of the phones compatible with fitbit charge 3? I just got the phone and doesn't receive notifications, i can only sync data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi,

I updated my phone from a7 (2016) to a8 star and I don't receive notification on charge 3 from this new phone. when do you plan to add this phone to list of compatible ones?

kind regards,

carmina

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge 2  with my galaxy  8a was working great notifications calls everything then the phone had an update no matter what I do I cant get notifications or calls through the Fitbit. Very frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aha!! I've tried everything else and this solution worked for me. Now receiving notifications from my A8 to the fitbit via this method - 

I have given the following permissions:
Notification - allowed, show content on lock screen
Permissions - camera, contacts, location, phone, SMS and storage

Best Answer
0 Votes