Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Active Minutes Goal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently I lost the ability to change my active minutes goal. I have been told that this feature has been removed for Charge HR users. I am now tracking active minutes with an out of date goal. This change happened without warning or explanation. Please could you quickly reinstate this functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is crazy! I was looking at my app and noticed that Mobile Track was listed as a device on there. I really don't need that as if I am not wearing my Fitbit I don't want to track my steps. Anyhow, I unpaired it because I read that the Mobile Track option does not track active minutes. Once I did that I went back into the activity goals setting. Go figure! Active minutes were an option to change. Funny thing is I don't even remember adding Mobile Track. I've never not used the app without having an actual Fitbit device paired to it. Hopefully this will help you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@SheSteps Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the experience you are having while changing your active minutes goal.

That is very strange! Where are you looking for this option? Please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap Account.
  • Under "Goals" tap "Activity".
  • You should see "Active Minutes" listed there and if you tap it you should be able to change the goal.

If you happen to not see this option anymore please send me a screen shot of your "Goals-Activity" screen.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have done this and all the other goals are there but not active minutes. It always has been available in that section.

Best Answer

I have done this and all the other goals are there but not active minutes. It always has been available in that section.Screenshot_20180526-173548.jpg

Best Answer

@SantiR I'm not sure how to unaccept the solution but please would you take a look again. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SheSteps Thanks for your reply and for sharing the screen shot here. That is very strange!

What type/model of phone do you have? Is it listed on the list of supported devices

Also, please tell me what Android version are you using?

Lastly, please try uninstalling the app and re installing it and check if it still shows the same.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a OnePlus which I believe is on the list of supported devices.

The version is 2.72.1

Since the goal disappeared I've tried a couple of time reinstalling the app. I also can't get to it using Fitbit through chrome on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SheSteps Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details. Thanks for trying the workaround above.

The only supported phone from that type is the OnePlus One. Do you have that one or are you using another model?

Please check if your Android version (the firmware of the phone you are using itself) is using the Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat).

Try using the web dashboard through a computer. There you will find the option to change your active minutes goal in the meanwhile.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just sent da link

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's no longer in my Goals Activity either!  I know I changed it once... but I can no longer update it!

Best Answer

I just uninstalled and re-installed the app on my phone and IT'S BACK!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you've got yours back. I still can't change mine and it's been so long I've accepted that I'll never achieve all my goals.

It's very unsatisfactory but I've not found a solution. (I just reinstalled app incase after all this time it would work and it hasn't)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious. Did you have a different style of Fitbit previously? I have the same issue as you. I used to have a Charge, which if I remember correctly did not track active minutes. Now I have the Charge 2. I wonder if that isn't why we have this issue. I know I was able to set up my active minutes goal at one point but cannot change it, and it does not appear as an option under activity goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It first happened when I had a Charge HR. I have since changed to a Charge 2 and still can't change it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It certainly sounds like a glitch that needs to be fixed. I know others who have this same problem. It's very frustrating. If by chance you find a solution, please post it here. I will do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. Really hope they do fix it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is crazy! I was looking at my app and noticed that Mobile Track was listed as a device on there. I really don't need that as if I am not wearing my Fitbit I don't want to track my steps. Anyhow, I unpaired it because I read that the Mobile Track option does not track active minutes. Once I did that I went back into the activity goals setting. Go figure! Active minutes were an option to change. Funny thing is I don't even remember adding Mobile Track. I've never not used the app without having an actual Fitbit device paired to it. Hopefully this will help you.

Best Answer

Wow! Yes it worked!

Well done and thank you 😁

Best Answer

@Sharon_J  I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with this situation and the workaround that helped you out with this. I'm glad you are back on track now.

This was helpful for @SheSteps too. I'm glad you are both back on track. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer