Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Green Light Staying Solid and Bright

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've owned a charge 2 for almost a year and just recently the green lights for measuring heart rate will not turn off. My battery has been draining faster than ever and I've tried (and failed) to fix it. I attempted to shut off heart rate monitoring and the lights are still in. I have also tried to restart it but I'm not sure i did it correctly. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119
Yeah. I’ve stop using the replacement they gave me. I’m using Something else now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as described here. Started happening a couple days before the year mark of using my charge hr 2. I've tried the steps mentioned to no avail. Battery drains in less than an hour after charging. Heart rate light is SUPER bright all the time when off the charger and it does not track heart rate. It's now getting really hot to the point where it feels it will burn my wrist. I'm worried it's going to melt down or explode at this point. I've filled a support request via email but no response yet. Please advise

Best Answer
Call customer service and get it sorted before the year runs out!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This seems to be a common occurrence for Charge 2 owners. Looks like the lifespan of a Charge 2 is just shy of two years.

Like someone mentioned, don't wear your fitbit if it does this. It'll burn your wrist. 

Best Answer

Thanks, I eventually got a response from support after about 2 days. I sent the device to them per their request via their prepaid shipping label. Supposedly when they receive it I will be contacted regarding replacement options. I'm assuming that means either a replacement device or credit toward a different device, but we'll see.

@duckkiyi wrote:

This seems to be a common occurrence for Charge 2 owners. Looks like the lifespan of a Charge 2 is just shy of two years.

Like someone mentioned, don't wear your fitbit if it does this. It'll burn your wrist. 

Failed right on the 1 year mark for me. Might have felt a bit more acceptable if I got 2 out of it... I figure it'll be scratched up beyond desirable every 2 years or so since it gets worn at all times except showering.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same only this is my Third one. Each one having the same/similar issue. the battery just refuses to hold a charge and they toss you some bs discount on a new device. They know these things are faulty and won't admit it. I use to love this company and now im shopping for someone who makes a device that works and does not break in 5 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrKazoo wrote:

Thanks, I eventually got a response from support after about 2 days. I sent the device to them per their request via their prepaid shipping label. Supposedly when they receive it I will be contacted regarding replacement options. I'm assuming that means either a replacement device or credit toward a different device, but we'll see.

Finally received a replacement, brand new Charge 2 HR in the mail. Total time to resolution was 35 days, but I'm just happy to be back up and running again with a new device. Overall the support process was lengthy, mainly due to issues with them trying to send the prepaid return shipping label, but they were able to sort that out after 3 failed attempts. Good on FitBit for recognizing this was a serious issue with the product and issuing a replacement even though it was a week or two past the 1 year warranty window. Thumbs up from me. 

Best Answer

Same issue.  Have tried all the tricks mentioned by everyone above, nothing works, just blinding green lights.  

Anyone have a recommendation for a different device other than fitbit?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would look into Garmin I hear they respect their customers a bit more.
Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue.  got offered a discount on other fitbit devices but not really interested in the products that they offer discount on.  Been reading reviews and all products seem to fail with a 1-2 year period.  I have looked into garmin am thinking about trying them.  I have a garmin golf watch for many years and it has performed very good.  Very frustrated with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit of 2 yrs (?) is now doing this. I have tried charging, restarting, turning HR off, syncing, etc. 

any suggestions? 

this is my 4th product from you and I have been a fan of the product- however, I am considering another product as this one seems to die or have a defect shortly after the year mark every time. When I have to buy an new tracker every 1.5 yrs I may as well buy the more expensive tracker and not have to replace it so often. Very frustrating. 

Sincerely- 

a frustrated, but loyal customer 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Suggestion, throw it away. Mine was just at 20 months= green lights, tried everything, nothing worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem I'm facing did u cleared ur problem. If so let me know how 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope fitbit will pull it's bait and switch and try to sell you another
defective charge 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just want to add myself to the list of people with the same issue months after the manufacturer warranty expired.  I had my Charge 2 for about 1 yr and 4 months.  I had the same issue that everyone else experienced just last night.  When I woke up this morning, tried to look at my fitbit, no response.  Tap tap tap, still no response.  I just charged it before I went to bed to make sure I would get a proper sleeping data, not the simplified one.  I've been getting the simplified sleep details in the past 9 days.  I looked at the app to check my sleep data and I only had 1 hr and 29 min in simplified sleep details.  Battery was dead.  Charged it for approximately 2 hrs before I put it back on for my bike ride this morning and noticed the solid green light, not flickering.  After my ride, battery was dead again.  Tried the restart -> hr off -> sync -> hr auto -> sync -> restart, did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup that's good guy fitbit for ya, but hey they will give u a discount on
another one that will do the exact same thing. They won't even offer you a
discount on a newer model but I have been waiting to see a teardown of the
new one to see if they used the same battery. Either way it's a really **ahem**
business in that respect as their qa is crap.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's a battery issue.  The solid green light is the one that's draining the battery fast.  Maybe a firmware update is due for this model.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. I had tried everything on two different models, they will just push
you on a 25%.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I let my Charge 2 completely drain it's battery hoping it will fix the problem after I recharge it.  It's been 7 hrs since the tracker turned off and the green light continues to blink intermittently.  Somethings not right.  I did not charge it yet until it will stop to blink.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used a bobby pin to poke the lights out since the sync wouldn't turn it off. Tracking steps still with reasonable battery life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Answer