Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Green Light Staying Solid and Bright

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've owned a charge 2 for almost a year and just recently the green lights for measuring heart rate will not turn off. My battery has been draining faster than ever and I've tried (and failed) to fix it. I attempted to shut off heart rate monitoring and the lights are still in. I have also tried to restart it but I'm not sure i did it correctly. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Just curious if this has worked in the long run. I could care less about my heart rate and thought about breaking the light out as a solution.

I feel like everyone else in this thread - frustrated that it happened after two years and I keep having to buy new fitbits every couple of years. I was a big fan, but I think these sort of issues and the lack of care to fix them (through a firmware fix or other method to make me whole) are driving me to look somewhere else - something that I never thought would happen. Ugh.

Best Answer

Couldnt Agree more, but they will give you a 25% discount on another charge 2. Its pathetic they wont even give you a discount on something new or something that does not have this specific issue. I had TWO of them with the same problem the original and the replacement. If you count the one my friend got thats three, All the same, bs problem that is somehow blamed on the user.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had the same issue as you. When first happened green lights would not go
off and drained the battery quickly. I put it away for about a month and
then decided to charge it and try it again. Since then the green lights
have not been coming back on. Not sure if they burnt out. The fit bit
works in all aspects with the exception of the hert rate. Battery life
seems to be back to normal before I had the issue with the green lights. I
was offered the discount by fit bit on products that I was not interested
in. I chose not to use the discount and am currently still using my charge
2. I don't have confidence in fit bit after reading reviews and posts on
this thread. I plan to wait until the new year when everyone will have
sales on these type of devices. I am leaning towards Garmin, I am willing
to give them a try. Good luck
Best Answer

Continue to pile on here...now having the same issue as everyone else on this message thread.  My Charge 2 was 18 months when it started to go south.  Initially, the screen was losing pixels, then it began to fade...progressively worse everyday for about 3 weeks until the screen completely faded away.  Ok...ticked, but it would still record steps, sleep and heart rate.  So I broke out my old Casio watch to keep track of the time and kept wearing the Fitbit (even though the screen was completely blank).  Charged it with no problem.  Today I was bit by the "Green lights solid and bright" problem, so this is completely useless to me now.  Customer service offered the 25% discount, but I"m not giving Fitbit anymore of my money.  Paid $150 for this 18 months ago and figured it would last 3 to 5 years ... boy was I wrong.  Junk, junk, junk.  Going to give the cheap knockoffs a try ... can buy 5 of them for what I paid for this piece of crap.  Yes, I'm very frustrated and plan to spread the word for folks not to buy Fitbit products.  Headed to NYC to watch the marathon.  Good opportunity to stop by the Fitbit booth and deter a few 100 folks from spending their hard earned money on Fitbit products.  

Best Answer
Do it, make it known how they treated rhis very specific issue. Horrid
customer service on a defective product.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting that Fitbit had no presence at the NYC Marathon.  Garmin was there, but not Fitbit.  Hmmm...maybe that tells you something.  I will continue to tell everyone I know about my experience with Fitbit and I encourage you all to do the same.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm....Good thing I found this Message Board and Specific Thread (I guess):

My Fitbit Charge2 first stopped tracking my heart rate and not the green light has been staying solid, bright, and on. Which means the battery drains real quick and it isn't all that useful of a tracker. I've tried the solutions to "get the green light off"...but none of them seem to work.

Do I contact Fitbit help here? I guess I'll try that next but wanted to vent publicly and say this suxs!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, then they give you the standard reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to list of perpetual green lights! Just started last week.  Seems like a big issue for a while.  35 day resolution is BAD customer service. If i need a new one may try Garmin or samsung.  Oh welll, onward we go

Best Answer
Id say do it. I have sworn off this company after the way the issue was
treated with me not once but twice. Same exact problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
once was enough for me with this garbage product and pathetic customer
service. Purchased the Garmin Vivofit 3 and has been great so far. Much
better than charge2.
Best Answer
Thank you for the reply. I will look into it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Charge 2 less than two years ago and it just started the green light issue - battery went from lasting a week to dying in less than 2 hours.  I did everything that I could - restart, changed the settings, etc.  Nothing worked.  I finally got ahold of customer support and they offered the same 25% discount - totally not acceptable. 

This is my 4th Fitbit device and all have died in less than 24 months.  This is completely unacceptable for devices that cost $150+.  I will be leaving associated reviews everywhere that I can.

Best Answer

My wife and I both have Charge 2's. Hers started the bright green light/battery drain issue recently. She got the same 25% off on a new device offer. What an odd response..."our product is defective, so we'll allow you to spend additional money in order to get a functional product and do nothing to fix our defective product".

I admit I have been a Fitbit fanboy for about 7 years now so I have always thought very highly of them. Since 2012, I have owned no less than 6 Fitbit devices (starting with the multiple Fitbit Ones and onto Charge and Charge 2's), and I have only paid for 3 of them. Every time I have had any sort of issue with them (even my wife losing one while at a store...entirely her fault) they have either replaced them for free or offered a massive discount on a new one (I paid $35 for my current Charge 2 because I complained about the battery life shortening on my Charge prematurely, so they gave me the Charge 2 at like 75% off).

Anyway, I guess my point is that Fitbit must have gotten too big for their britches and no longer cares about loyal customers. While they used to bend over backwards to keep me happy, they now bend me over when issues arise. So bummed, I have loved them until this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, if your fitbit is out of warranty, fitbit will give you 25% discount to buy another from them. Which isn't much as the price of fitbit 2 are at least  £130.

As it stand your bright green light means you can no longer use your fitbit, it's broken/damaged.

Hi, same thing happened to me. Green light stays on and battery dies within 2 hours. I contacted fitbit but they gave me 25% off to buy new one, which isn't much as fitbit sell charge 2 for £130 despite charge 3 being out.

The bright green light means your fitbit can't be repaired. Just throw it in the bin unless you are still under warranty then they will send you another.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here and ant suggested fix isn't working

Best Answer

Same. Very frustrating. This is my 5th Fitbit.  Ugh

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I wish I had seen this message board before purchasing my Charge 2... 14 months almost to the day since I got it - started with this exact problem. I have tried all the suggested ‘fixes’ with no change (except prying the light bulbs out or putting it away for a month and hope it will restart minus the heart rate function). It’s clear from the number of posts here what Fitbit’s response will be so I will not go through the aggravation of trying to get their help since I do not want 25% off the exact same model that has such problems... our family has bought at least 8 fitbits but will find another brand who will stand behind their product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know,  I actually fixed mine.  Some how in the Fitbit app,  the heartrate monitor was set to always on.  I changed that and more it seemed to be working correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so sad. I have had mine for just about a year and a half.  I love it!!! I do not have the money to purchase a new one and see all these messages that there is nothing to do for it. WOW  you would think with how large FITBIT is that they would find a way to fix this wide spread problem. Now I have to figure out first how to afford a new one.....Second what brand is the best and does not have these issues that have the options I enjoy. So disappointed

Best Answer
0 Votes