Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Syncing help

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I just upgraded tho Charge 2 and I must say syncing is frustrating to say the least. Here are my issues:

I am on a Desktop that has no bluetooth  - with the Charge HR this was no issue due to the dongle. I assumed the Charge 2 cable took over the role of the dongle, but it doesn't, so no syncing with the pc is possible unless I buy an extra bluetooth dongle, not even when the watch is connected to the cable. Really?

If I upgrade I expect to _at least_ have the same stuff as before. Adding new features while backing up on others, especially when they are so basic, is just inexcusable imo.

I noticed that the desktop app syncs when the phone app is synced. So if I want to check my stats on the desktop, I must first turn on the phone app and sync it - yes, because even though it is set to "always connect", you still have to sync it manually. 

Oh and make sure you have internet, because without internet connection you can't sync either. So what is the bluetooth for anyway? In the helpsection (https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ASyncing&p=charge_2&fs=S... -> android devices) it says absolutetely _nothing_ about needing an internet conntection to sync. Wouldn't you say that is basic necessary info when troubleshooting on why the app isn't syncing?

It is very frustrating to be trying to figure out how something so trivial works and finding little to no information. Please be clear on what the bluetooth does, why the internet connection is needed, and how come the cable is there solely to charge, not giving people without BT on their computer any other option than buying an extra device to be able to use it properly.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101
Finally figured out that it has to be done from opening the app. Then, it does pretty good. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, hidden in these posts is that all sync data passes through the phone app to your servers and none is stored on the phone.

That is good security, but it is inconvenient for people who go to Burning Man for almost 2 weeks, walk 22K steps, ride bike workouts and wish to record what little sleep is gotten.

There is no cell access at Burning Man therefore no Internet, therefore only about the last 3 days of device history can sync when one re-enters your world.

Wish you would add a "sync to phone storage" option to hold sync data until connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes