Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not pairing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Same thing here. Reset Charge 2, uninstalled Fitbit app, re-installed app, took Charge 2 off Fitbit account, shut off Bluetooth, turned on Bluetooth. Reset fitbit. Tried everything while it was on the charger, then off the charger. Won't pair (either through Bluetooth or the app), and won't sync.

Get stuck at the number when attempting to connect using the app. Says it sees it, gives me the number, says it's taking longer than usual - they're on it. Apparently not, because then it says it can't and tells me to do everything I've already done.

When attempting to pair using Bluetooth, stays forever spinning with no connection. 

I have tried everything that's been suggested. My android device is compatible - it was working well for quite awhile, and now does not. I do not have a computer with bluetooth, so I cannot use another device to test. Date stuck on April 8 and incorrect time. Can't change it because it won't sync. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@MGHortonVT Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

I will assist you pairing your Charge 2 and sorry for the late reply. Also thank you for troubleshooting this. Lets try refreshing the connection between your phone and your device by going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. You can find additional suggestions here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem. My Charge 2 has not synced with any of my devices since 4/28/19. I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Charged the Charge2 completely and let the battery drain completely and recharge it. I cannot get it to sync. I also have it synced with my iphone and it will not work with it either. Looking for answers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. I have followed those steps and they have not worked.

Thanks,
Maria

Get Outlook for Android

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - For your protection, do not include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords or other non-public information when you e-mail our office. This electronic mail transmission, including any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, use, distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited. Should you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of the message and any attachments.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GeorgeOs Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

@GeorgeOs let me help you with your device and thank you for trying some troubleshoots. Please follow the instructions in my previous post.

@MGHortonVT since the issue persist I have created a case for you so support can further assist you.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem as the others in this discussion.  I have tried all the remedies but they haven't worked for me also.  My pairing/syncing stopped on 28th April also.  The only thing I can think that is different is my phone (android) had an update which I activated.  I think it went wrong about this time.  Unless this is a coincidence. It always used to work perfectly.  What has gone wrong??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit , @frithk I deleted and redownload the Fitbit app on my android.  Then I reset my Fitbit,  initially that did not wor either. However, the third time I reset the Fitbit, I did start syncing again. Thank you for your assistance. I also think it had to do with the android update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of the synching issues get to the point where the fitbit will meet a ball peen hammer.  Let your techies delete, resynch, and do all this crap a couple of times and they might take care of these issues so the customers do not have to ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I did the same as you and deleted the Fitbit app off my phone and
reset my Fitbit. I will try again couple of times and hope it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Charge 2 won't sync with my phone.  Now displaying wrong date and time ? I've tried all the switch off/ on reset combinations as per earlier poster.

Totally frustrated with this now.  Clarity and instruction please by return. 

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm also dealing with this with my iphone but not ipad. Did they update the firmware and break it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same situation. Deleted Charge 2 from my account and trying to set it up on another account. Iphone, Android or PC cant find it, no matter what I do. Severely pissed with it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@swarmingMeryt @Maggiefio Following this thread it does appear that it may have had to do with the recent Fitbit update. But what finally got this going for me after I redownload the app was resetting the charge2, while it is plugged in charging, hold in the button until it resets. I did have to do it 3 times before it kicked on. After I got it going and syncing with my android, it also started syncing with my iPad again. That leads me to believe that it was the fitbit.

Best Answer

thank you!  I only restarted it once.  I will try repeatedly restarting the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After seeing all the posts on these forums, I'm pretty convinced they broke something with the firmware update in April.  Mine stopped syncing for about a week and I went through all the troubleshooting steps. Removed the device from my account and it wouldn't let me re-add it for a couple days.  Finally started working again but it cut out once more last week.  I'm not even going to bother to troubleshoot this time. 

They need to patch the firmware and send out a new update.  Until then, going through all these steps just isn't worth the time.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay in my reply. I you haven't please try the suggestions in my previous post. If the issue persist then please reach out to Support here.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes